Idea for LA build.

Lenyel - Harshlands
Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
First, i want to admit that, for how much i hate this build, i' rolling into that at level 70.

I've already bought 2 intermediate reset scroll sufficient to take points from VIT and MAG to put them in STR and DEX. Actually i bought my Sakyamuni's light as weapon, and as armor i got:

3-star helm of bael (3 sockets; it's level 41 but needs the same str of lvl 70 light armor. 125 nice HP earned + 75 from sharding).

3-star serendipitous plate (3 sockets; also nice extra bonus to p.def and HP. I find this better than TT70 LA chest because of more p.def (due to extra bonus) and extra bonus on HP. It's not good the slightly lower magical defense, but i think it can be standable).

Dark shringuards of hedes (2 sockets; i find them great)

Swiftwind boots (4 sockets, classical TT70 LA boots)

I bought also a Pirate king's seal, lvl 77 elemental belt, very nice, and i'm thinking about also buy a good elemental necklace like the equinus talisman. About the rings u bought 68 and 78 ones with +crt rate as extra bonus, i think they have the best fitting with the increased crt rate of LA build.

About gloves is my doubt. Swiftwind ones are not ecceptional, and i was wondering about to get arcane ones (TT70 or gold ones) in order to increase the magical defense and maybe get any interesting extra bonus from them.

What do you LA users think about this?

PS sorry for making another topic on builds u_u

Edit.: all sharding will be towards HP increasement. All armor parts are actually refined to +1, the sakyamuni is +2.

Edit2: i was thinking about heavily refining this items and increase their sockets and pushing on higher level shards on them in order to reach level 90 without get higher level equipments. This due to increase MAG from lvl 70 without touching any other stats. The i am thinking to come back to Arcane Hybrid for endgame build. Of course is just an abstract projection; but yes, i would like to put only points in MAG from 70 to 90 to recover a bit of magical power. Do you think this is crazy?
Post edited by Lenyel - Harshlands on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Why are you re-stating to LA at level 70?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Why are you re-stating to LA at level 70?

First gratz on 97 (last time i see your avatar you were 96).

Then, because i started to plan it when i was 63-64 and on level 70 there were the first interesting LA armors available (it had no sense to restat at 64 and wear lvl 60 LA), and (i hope) wearing the sakyamuni in the same moment were i decrease my MAG i will not have to cry too much for the power loss.

Then, i choose to go LA when i got oneshotted while standing BB in TT 1-2 by the boss that drops the framework of drums (by his AoE).
    Well i know that with a higher VIT value i will never have problems with AoEs. But no doubt full VIT build has the same MAG of LA build (6 MAG per 2 levels), and myself hating all these builds i choose the one that more stimulated my sense of discovering: the challenge to wear a not really common armor type for clerics.

I also want more physical defense in PvP: my experience is not really wide and is basically on duels. Until lvl 60 i have never had problems in OWNING almost every other class, just archers were sometimes a problem. But after the 59 cultivation the BMs power began to rise and their stuns often made me in trouble... When plume shell ends its really hard to survive: when i couldnt 2shot them i really got in troubles.

Then i've just began some real pvp in the open areas. Some that involves more than 2 ppls, and i can assure that if an archer targets me first with my actual build i have really no chances... Same for more other classes. I hope that in PvP prospective LA will help me to have the time to see the enemy and target him before to die. If i can manage to target and sleep the fight is worth to be fought :)

I hope my considerations are not the noob's one at all ehehe :)
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    When I got one shotted (by an archer, not drum boss :P) in my 50s-60s I decided to... stay full magic b:victory but focus a lot more on my gear at level 70. I never finished (I got most of the gear I wanted, but it was only refined to +1 for the most part and some unsharded; there were a couple pieces I would have liked better replacements for). I didn't get one shotted since except by the Sword Tamer. So yes, you can survive just fine in arcane armor, as long as you stalk the auction house instead of using TT or mold armor (looking for bonuses like your 3star chest has).

Back on the subject... for challenging game content (hard dungeons and PvP), even as light armor you'll want physical ornaments. Look for +HP bonuses on them. And yes, stick strictly to HP shards. LA has more mdef than pdef, so physical ornaments make the most sense. Pirate King's Seal is rather useless, even in LA, since you'll already have more mdef than pdef, in my opinion. Finding a pdef ornament (or even an mdef ornament) with +HP would be better. +HP is your life-blood as LA, since you already have generally high defenses.

As to the wristbracers, I'd say go with some auction house ones (or cheap TT70 swiftwind ones if you find some), since there's nothing mold or TT wise better in the arcane department. At level 78/77 you can go for Blood Bracers of Fang (LA) or Sleeves of the Sea Captain (arcane), depending on whether you want better defense or -6% channeling and +.2 m/s (I'd probably choose the LA). (Also, you'll probably want to go to the Armor of Grieving Sorrow LA chestpiece at 78)

Other than the -6% channeling and +.2 m/s, which I understand are tempting bonuses, there is no point mixing and matching light armor with arcane in my opinion. You're spending two stat points per level for better pdef: use it. Light Armor already has better mdef than pdef.

Note that for grinding on magical mobs you'll probably want some cheap arcane armor and magical ornaments.

Edit:
    Putting points into nothing but magic 70-90 as LA is, yes, crazy. I tried something similar on my archer, and it didn't work well (wearing armor a few grades below reduced my defenses to near arcane armor levels for pdef and barely higher for mdef). You'll gain 40 points of magic by level 90, which will translate to a 12% increase in magic attack. Also the level of armor you'll be wearing would mean your survivability would be much worse than wearing arcane armor with a pure vit build except for 40 extra points in magic (that is, the same damage). If you go LA, stick to LA. Using underleveled LA will hurt.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    First gratz on 97 (last time i see your avatar you were 96).

I hope my considerations are not the noob's one at all ehehe :)

Well thank you.....Can't believe 97 b:surrender

And your build...I was just curious. for me, Drum was never my issue....that damn SoulBanisher (sp...eh) was for a few times until I got it down.

The only thing about LA is that your damage is gimped (my opinion).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    When I got one shotted (by an archer, not drum boss :P) in my 50s-60s I decided to... stay full magic b:victory but focus a lot more on my gear at level 70. I never finished (I got most of the gear I wanted, but it was only refined to +1 for the most part and some unsharded; there were a couple pieces I would have liked better replacements for). I didn't get one shotted since except by the Sword Tamer. So yes, you can survive just fine in arcane armor, as long as you stalk the auction house instead of using TT or mold armor (looking for bonuses like your 3star chest has).

May i haven't been clear, the death under that boss (at the ending i was lvl 63 or 64, that was of tt 1-2 so over 70) was just the "incipit" that gave me the idea to turn LA. Where firther consideration about PvP that made me choose to do it.
    Back on the subject... for challenging game content (hard dungeons and PvP), even as light armor you'll want physical ornaments. Look for +HP bonuses on them. And yes, stick strictly to HP shards. LA has more mdef than pdef, so physical ornaments make the most sense. Pirate King's Seal is rather useless, even in LA, since you'll already have more mdef than pdef, in my opinion. Finding a pdef ornament (or even an mdef ornament) with +HP would be better. +HP is your life-blood as LA, since you already have generally high defenses.

You are absolutely right, ornament and belt for boss fights will be pretty compulsory. but for that i think i will not spend much money/refining, just pretty good common 1-2 at least 3 star ones that can improve my resistance. I think to go for m.def ornaments in order to not decrease magical defense too much... First in grinding high level magical mobs (its cheaper to make good protection necklace/belt than a arcane set to stand their damages) then to not show a weak points against other magical classes in PvP. Maybe i'll look for a p.def necklace keeping the pirate king's seal (that i find very good for +MAG bonus and +evasion, that i hope will be decent wearing light armor). Of course HP bonuses are the best because HP makes defense work. But i can assure you almost all the items i collected have very good bonus on that... And a bit more MAG i think will be necessary... First of all in grinding, because i will lose o lot of magical power.
    As to the wristbracers, I'd say go with some auction house ones (or cheap TT70 swiftwind ones if you find some), since there's nothing mold or TT wise better in the arcane department. At level 78/77 you can go for Blood Bracers of Fang (LA) or Sleeves of the Sea Captain (arcane), depending on whether you want better defense or -6% channeling and +.2 m/s (I'd probably choose the LA). (Also, you'll probably want to go to the Armor of Grieving Sorrow LA chestpiece at 78)

As i said my target would be to keep the armor set until lvl 90: this can make me able to put all points from 70 to 90 in MAG, recovering power. I dont know if this is craziness, but i will try. When i will be 80 i will always be in time to restat and get the gold lvl 78 set if i will feel a great lack of resistance...
    Other than the -6% channeling and +.2 m/s, which I understand are tempting bonuses, there is no point mixing and matching light armor with arcane in my opinion. You're spending two stat points per level for better pdef: use it. Light Armor already has better mdef than pdef.

I think -6% channelling is useless if not stacked with much more -channelling bonus on other items. On the other hand +speed is really great. But you are right, if light armor have yet more m.def than p.def i'll be better to go for light gloves, so using at all the points in str and dex im spending :P
    Note that for grinding on magical mobs you'll probably want some cheap arcane armor and magical ornaments.

i hope to find in ornaments/necklace a good support for that... if not, i think a can afford some decent robe :)
    Edit:
    Putting points into nothing but magic 70-90 as LA is, yes, crazy. I tried something similar on my archer, and it didn't work well (wearing armor a few grades below reduced my defenses to near arcane armor levels for pdef and barely higher for mdef). You'll gain 40 points of magic by level 90, which will translate to a 12% increase in magic attack. Also the level of armor you'll be wearing would mean your survivability would be much worse than wearing arcane armor with a pure vit build except for 40 extra points in magic (that is, the same damage). If you go LA, stick to LA. Using underleveled LA will hurt.

I've read this only after quoting. Very well you are probably right. But i wanna try, and as said, at level 78-80+ i will always be in time to restat few MAG to str and dex to wear higher level light armor.
    I must correct your calculations, from level 70 to 90 there are 5*20 MAG points = 100 MAG points. I think its pretty higher... Btw as said i'm intentioned to come back arcane after lvl 90, so lvl 78-80 Light Armor would be the alst upgrade.

Thanks for reading and answering b:kiss
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Well thank you.....Can't believe 97 b:surrender

And your build...I was just curious. for me, Drum was never my issue....that damn SoulBanisher (sp...eh) was for a few times until I got it down.

The only thing about LA is that your damage is gimped (my opinion).

Well, i was level 63, and the boss was of tt 1-2, so over 70. I did it at level 66 2 times and i never had problems... :P neither with any other boss of tt 1-2.

About damage reduction you are so right... But now i wanna try :P
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    this is what im wearing
    armor of grieving sorrow
    dark shingaurds of hades
    swiftwind boots (soon to be TT80 once i get unlazy)
    sleeves of the sea captain

its what i recomend for magic classes in LA :P
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    this is what im wearing
    armor of grieving sorrow
    dark shingaurds of hades
    swiftwind boots (soon to be TT80 once i get unlazy)
    sleeves of the sea captain

its what i recomend for magic classes in LA :P

You made your signatur with cell phone? lol

Q.Q wizzie <3

So you are wearing arcane gloves... Are those the ones with -6% chann and +.2m/s? Which kind of ornaments are you using? Full HP sharding?
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    TT70 LA is useless for a cleric
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lenyel. This is almost exactly what I did. :)

With the wrist guards/sleeve u have a choice between blood bracers (LA mold) or sleeves of sea capt (arcane mold). Armor of grieving sorrow is awesome and relatively cheap and u can keep those shinguards til 90 as well. I wore lvl 76 2* boots till 90 as well due to their great +hp stats. For necklaces i had 2, one mag resist one and one pdef one both only 2* but with good +hp mods. For the belt I ended up with the lvl80 (i think) belt u get from opening up old heavens tear (wraiths ploy quest) which is mag def AND phys def and +hp. After about lvl 80 with just cleric buffs I had about 3.5khp+, 67% magical resist and about 52% (i think) physical resist, most physical classes hated fighting me and the difference in mag resist to be honest I didn't notice it that much.

Plus if ur gonna restat to arcane hybrid at 90 u can stop adding str and dex as soon as u have ur lvl 78 molds and start adding magic for more dmg :P

yay for huge (and often) crits!

http://i27.tinypic.com/21mvqmu.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    @RedsRose: You're one of the most knowledgeable forum clerics, but I always have to have mixed feelings agreeing with you since you oneshot my alt :P. Thanks for sharing your tips though :), you really know what you're talking about.

Yep, those gloves Mizouni is wearing are the -6% channeling +.2 m/s ones.

As to damage gimping, yeah, you'll do less damage. I was pure magic because I wanted to hit hard, and there were some times when the extra healing power actually helped. But I've heard of clerics doing well in PvP as magic, vit, or LA.

As to the magic from 70-90 keeping level 70 LA: A standard LA build puts 3 magic, 1 strength, and 1 dexterity stat every level. So The difference in magic of wearing level 90 LA and level 70 LA with extra magic at level 90 is:

(2 points from 1 str & 1 dex per level) * (20 levels from 70 to 90) = 40 magic, which actually comes to be a 9% more damage at level 90 (self-buffed) by underleveling your equipment (QQ I messed up the math last time... sorry :( ). In return you lose the TT90 armor (of which both light and arcane green sets have great bonuses), and pass up the level 78 LA molds which are extremely cheap and provide wonderful defenses.
    Compare TT70: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14971
    To the 78 mold: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8322

The 78 has 60 more pdef and 80 more HP: That's like having 3 average citrines already imbued in the piece, as well as a couple average garnets (though I wouldn't put those in when I could put citrines)

I'd personally at least stick strictly to LA through level 78, just for the chestpiece and bracers (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8355). After that forgoing the dex and str till 90 might be a good idea if you feel like it.

Feel free to play around with this though: http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/
    And for how I've been calculating the damage (keep in mind your m.attack buff is the equivalent of 60 stat points in magic): http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=214921

You're welcome to try whatever combination of armor and build you choose :). It's boring when everyone is the same.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    @Slake: i'm happy it worked fine for you :) And i can't wait to hit level 70 and wear my new set b:victory
    About ornaments i think i will do like it too, swooping them when necessary :)

@Delia: about MAG you are right, i didn't catch the point, sorry. And at least yes, if i go back arcane build at level 90 i can start adding MAG only after lvl 78-80 after armor of griewing sorrow / other 78-80 LA parts. I didnt spend much time seeing their stats because i was pretty sure to go up to 90 with level 70 set, but i must admit that their extra bonus/natural defenses are really good >_>

The way from 70 to 80 is probably as long as needed to think about it... and make it into practice. In the facts, to wear level 80 mold leggings (that i think have the highest requirements on 78-80 armor) i'd need 10 additional points in str and dex, that i can put in 4 levels... i can quietly put 5 MAG per level until 76 to get their bonus in those 6 levels than add only str and dex in order to rach requirements on level 78 and 80. This smells good :P

Thanks all for posting >.<
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Like you said, LA is a fun option if you want to be different and survive pretty well. For me, I went with Sleeves of the Sea Captain for the wrists because I figured the -6 chan would be good to combine with Endless Ambiguity at 80.

One thing that is nice about LA is that you can really stack -chan gear if you want, like venos do. Since the extra pdef is covered by your armour, getting -chan ornaments can make quite a difference and some say makes up for the damage gimping. As for me, I went with crit rings and tried to stack that. 10% crit at lvl 70 = b:dirty

I do have to say the pdef comes in so handy during drum and soulbanisher. For me, it was nice to know I could keep the squad safe and that my bb wouldn't break, even at lower levels.

Another note--lots of the clerics I met during those lvls don't do the full vit build, and through some basic refining and just common or avg citrines you can get pretty close to the hp of these hybrids, depending on their gear.

Good luck with the decisions!
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Like you said, LA is a fun option if you want to be different and survive pretty well. For me, I went with Sleeves of the Sea Captain for the wrists because I figured the -6 chan would be good to combine with Endless Ambiguity at 80.

One thing that is nice about LA is that you can really stack -chan gear if you want, like venos do. Since the extra pdef is covered by your armour, getting -chan ornaments can make quite a difference and some say makes up for the damage gimping. As for me, I went with crit rings and tried to stack that. 10% crit at lvl 70 = b:dirty

I do have to say the pdef comes in so handy during drum and soulbanisher. For me, it was nice to know I could keep the squad safe and that my bb wouldn't break, even at lower levels.

Another note--lots of the clerics I met during those lvls don't do the full vit build, and through some basic refining and just common or avg citrines you can get pretty close to the hp of these hybrids, depending on their gear.

Good luck with the decisions!

Well, about critical rate is exactly what i want to do, As i said i have already bought jewelry of level 68 and 78 with + crt rate. I calculated that with the christmas blessing i should reach 8%:

1% base + 4% from dex (it is about 80) + 2% from rings + 1% from blessing = 8% critical rate.

It sounds amazing, i passed in few levels from 1% to 3% (wearing rings) and i really noticed the increased crits. I'm really curious to discover with 8%.
    Btw i'd like to know how to reach 10% at level 70 b:surrender

About the -chann... That can be interesting but smells like very expensive. Actually i see in auction crazy prices for items with -chann bonuses... and also with ornaments and the endless ambiguity the total stacking bonuses would be about -18%... That i dont really know if can make the difference (even if we consider it to be 20%, it's just a -0.2 seconds on 1+1 seconds of cyclone's casting for example...).

Abou the HP amount i have calculated that the bonuses of my LA "set" on HP will give about 500 more HP than the actual arcane armor i am wearing (mostsly due to the helmet that refined gives over 200 additiona HPs, to the 4 sockets of boots, the +105 HP of leggings and their numerous sockets and the refining i already did on these items) that will let me on the same HP level as now (i actually have 2290 HP unbuffed with 49 VIT. I will lose 440 HP from VIT and gain over 500 from armor change...), but with a (i hope) very higher physical resistance :)

Again, thanks for advices ;)
  • ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am an LA Cleric, I chose to have a set of Sleeves of Sea Captain and Blood Bracers of Feng, depending on the situation, I generally switch in bracer's of Feng for BB, but it is useful in a few situations, I found a -6Chan necklace with everything but Earth resist, which is made up by wearing armor of grieving sorrows +298earth. I wear a -3 chan magic resistance belt and for pvp vs pve, I switch out two -3 channelling rings and 2 +1% crit rings, I enjoy the crit for pvp, but since crit doesn't help at all for healing I simply switch it out with a macro.

So when I get my Endless Ambiguity next level I will have -24 Chan with my channelling gear on and -18 Chan with 9% crit with my crit gear on, using magic defense necklace and belt works well with the already high Pdef.

I <3 LA, and the molds are very cheap. Beleive me the crit WITH The channelling makes for some mad dps, stealing aggro becomes something you need to worry about if there is no tank and just a herc in an instance.

For helm, go with a 3* or highest hp modifier, req strength 80 HP helm, mine currently is a 3* +2 +80hp +98pdef and 3 sockets with 3 beautiful citrine, my boots are 3* 76 LA boots +2 with modifiers : +70vit +4vit 3 socket with 3 beautiful citrine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    I am an LA Cleric, I chose to have a set of Sleeves of Sea Captain and Blood Bracers of Feng, depending on the situation, I generally switch in bracer's of Feng for BB, but it is useful in a few situations, I found a -6Chan necklace with everything but Earth resist, which is made up by wearing armor of grieving sorrows +298earth. I wear a -3 chan magic resistance belt and for pvp vs pve, I switch out two -3 channelling rings and 2 +1% crit rings, I enjoy the crit for pvp, but since crit doesn't help at all for healing I simply switch it out with a macro.

So when I get my Endless Ambiguity next level I will have -24 Chan with my channelling gear on and -18 Chan with 9% crit with my crit gear on, using magic defense necklace and belt works well with the already high Pdef.

I <3 LA, and the molds are very cheap. Beleive me the crit WITH The channelling makes for some mad dps, stealing aggro becomes something you need to worry about if there is no tank and just a herc in an instance.

For helm, go with a 3* or highest hp modifier, req strength 80 HP helm, mine currently is a 3* +2 +80hp +98pdef and 3 sockets with 3 beautiful citrine, my boots are 3* 76 LA boots +2 with modifiers : +70vit +4vit 3 socket with 3 beautiful citrine.

Well, i cant afford all those items atm, but yeah i'm yet 3 levels fare. I just crafted my TT70 LA glvoes, 3 sockets. I have sharder all with average citrines (really cant afford beautiful ones atm, and if i make another set at lvl 76-78-80 it doesnt worth put high level citrines on lvl 70 one). I really dont like Endless Ambuguity bonuses, i know its really not the moment to think about the lvl 80 weap but i think i will go for Yaksa or sakra devanam: lundra. But this is another topic :P
    until level 80 i'll try to max just the critical rate, i really dont think i can afford all items needed to stack -channelling in order to make it worth to be...