Change (lack of) balance of level vs. builds vs. skills

King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
This have has poor PvP because builds are undervalued, refining pumps HP according to item lvl and there's damage reduction according to player's lvl.

My suggestions:

1. get rid of damage reduction. that would allow lower levels with good attack to kill higher levels and would make high hp tanks more appealing at the same time.

2. make new skills so unusual builds would be viable. would a magic barb be worth a penny? no unless there was some great skill based on magic. what about strength for a cleric? it's all pointless now because there's absolutely no gain.

3. make wearing lower level items more appealing. everyone buy higher lvl items because they (1) stack more HP upon refining, (2) have better defenses.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
Post edited by King_Solomon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This have has poor PvP because builds are undervalued, refining pumps HP according to item lvl and there's damage reduction according to player's lvl.

My suggestions:

1. get rid of damage reduction. that would allow lower levels with good attack to kill higher levels and would make high hp tanks more appealing at the same time.

........umm.... this would also remove the point of leveling

2. make new skills so unusual builds would be viable. would a magic barb be worth a penny? no unless there was some great skill based on magic. what about strength for a cleric? it's all pointless now because there's absolutely no gain.

barbs arent meant to use magic... clerics arent meant to be on the front line

3. make wearing lower level items more appealing. everyone buy higher lvl items because they (1) stack more HP upon refining, (2) have better defenses.

-facepalm-

lets break this up a bit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Of course the mage wants to remove damage reduction.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    damage maths/multiplier is based on stats being a fair advantage already. no need for that unbalanced thing which makes high levels superior no matter how good they are.

in other games (well.. at least the MMORPG I used to play before PW) we had the same thing... strength=pointless for magic classes and magic=useless for melee chasses. then it was introduced HP buff for warrior class (like the barb buff we have) but it would gain extra % according to magic so every pk party had at least 1 for each team being the buff with base stats 11% hp gain while most of these support warriors would have >110% hp buff. the wizard had a massive ranged attack called nova but its damage would increase more with strength than magic and dexterity would decrease cast time for some spells. I quit because the hosting company was extremely corrupt and recruited hackers. the pvp experience I had there was far superior than PW (yes I played LC before going to HT).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Ok... Archers can crit for over 50k damage every 3rd or 4th hit. They also get the best range (further than any spell user), and one of the quickest attack speeds. Such a change would make them the only class worth making.

Heavy armor clerics would beg to differ. Why even have classes if you're just going to let everyone be strong no matter what they do? Correct stat distribution is one of those big debates with many classes, and offer their own benefits verses costs.
    Right... Name one game, anywhere, where level 1 equipment is better than the equipment at higher levels in terms of defense or capability. There has to be some reason why we grind for levels, coins, and materials... Equipment is usually that reason. Even Hello Kitty Online places some value on equipment that is earned being better than stuff you are given.

As for PvP being imbalanced, I would beg to differ. Just because you happen to suck, or have chosen a crappy build doesn't mean the game is broken, it just means that you are. Without counting the Nix, PW actually has one of the most balanced PvP systems of any MMO, where every class can be trumped by another depending on build and usage. Pick your fights based on your strengths and their weaknesses. If you don't know your strengths, you should probably learn how to play your class before trying to do any PvP. If you have no strengths, you fail, delete your character and learn how to make a proper one, or just accept that PvP (and probably PvM) is not something you should ever attempt.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That Suggestion was just.. I need dots now.............

Trash can works good.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You make it sound like there's no skill involved in this game at all. According to you, all a player needs to do is pump up hp with refines and shards, and they become almost invincible. Even though I personally have never pvp'd, even I can tell that saying this is just wrong, and you obviously don't know what your talking about.

You claim that your suggestions would make the game more balanced, but it would actually have the opposite effect.

1) Making lower levels able to kill a higher level would make it so people would put absolutely no effort into well...anything really. They wouldn't try and practice and learn their skills and how to use them if they can compete with a player 30 levels higher just by spamming the same skills over and over.

2) Why would a caster need strength? Why would a melee user need magic? It makes almost no sense to have a spell that works off strength or a melee skill that needs magic to work. Something tells me that game you used to play went under for more reasons than just a corrupt company. The fact that every game uses a system that has casters needing magic, not strength and melee users needing strength, not magic should give you a big hint as to how these things work.

3) Your kidding, right? Please tell me your kidding. Low level equipment is not supposed to be better than higher level equipment. That's why it's lower level. When have you ever seen low end equipment with something that makes it better than higher end equipment? Yes, the higher end stuff gives better refines and stats. THAT'S WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO! Why do you think players want it? And if you just want lower end stuff to be some kind of equilizor to put lower level players on a level playing field as high levels, then let me know what your smoking, cause I want some.

Personally, how you even got to the 8x's, even on a pve server, is beyond me. You must have one heck of a faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Personally, how you even got to the 8x's, even on a pve server, is beyond me. You must have one heck of a faction.

I was thinking bot or bought account myself... But we'll go with your answer.