guild alliances

outlawarcher
outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
you know i've played about 5 other mmorpgs this one is by far the best. but one thing has been nipping at me for some time. you have territory wars where other guild fight for land. i find it strange that a feature where you combat entire guilds doesn't have an alliance feature. after all VERY few (if any) countries ever go to war without allies. the other games a played had guikld alliances as well and most of them didn't even have a guild vs guild event like PW does.

implementation of guild alliances well solve many problems with TW and open up new oppertuiniys for more guilds

1. many high level guild run into the problem of keeping land they have due to the fact that not enuf ppl are online at the time. with an alliance of 2 other guilds this problem could be reduced.

2. lower level guilds face the problem of not having enuf high level players.. however between 3 guilds they may have enuf to win a TW.

3. with this idea, lower level guilds will be able to take part in TW at a much lower level. this is cos they can play a support role sure a level 60 can't beat a level 80 but they can still help out on the battle field. clerics can heal, the low level barbs and BM can be fodder for the healers (lol) a level 60 veno with a nix can make a dent in a level 80 player if i'm not mistaken, and archers with their cirts may be able to pull something off provided they are protected. one guild can have these support players while the other 2 have the high level heavy hitters (note since the lower level guild will be taking care of support, this means the players that normally play as high level cleric can use a different high level alt to take a more active role in the fight)

the coin that every land gives is divided evenly between the 3 guilds i think this is fair after all so of those territory give like 30 freaking mil a week. i hope this idea makes it to the devs the game is very much geared towards high level players this idea could give us mid levels a little something to look forward to
Post edited by outlawarcher on

Comments

• MiniFace - Lost City
    MiniFace - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yeah i've been thinking about this for awhile.

With ownership would be better that its just states "The Alliance (name)" hold is. So you'll have your faction, and then what alliance your in.

Would make TW alot more involved for the majority of players on the server. Especially in Lost City.
    PM me on Lost City if you need some help b:laugh
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Agree. Reduce maximum guild member to 1/5 then let 1 guild to make alliance with 4 guild, every happy.
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sounds good to me. I havent joined a faction quite yet, but when I do I'd like to take part in TW. It sounds fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    guild alliances wouldn't fit territory wars. that's something for a major pve/pvp event for the entire server. not even temple of the dragon is suitable for so many people and lag would be immense.

what i miss here is the guild war function. in other games hostile guilds can pk each other freely without turning the killers into criminals (red name).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • outlawarcher
    edited August 2009
    guild alliances wouldn't fit territory wars. that's something for a major pve/pvp event for the entire server. not even temple of the dragon is suitable for so many people and lag would be immense.

what i miss here is the guild war function. in other games hostile guilds can pk each other freely without turning the killers into criminals (red name).

ok i've never been in TW before. but correct me if i'm wrong but there is a player cap isn't it? wouldn't this prevent lag? lol the whole idea was gunning for the fact that there was a player cap (i was told it was 80 altho it was from an unreliable source) of course if there isn't then it will be problems. i can most certainly understand what your saying but all the same i still fell that a guild alliance feature should be here. like i said there are games out that that have the feature and they don't even PVP at all.

that would also be another reason to have this idea in the game
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Could be fun to have xD
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Grenadier_LT - Harshlands
    Grenadier_LT - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    what will happen, if alliance have land's and suddently it broke?
  • outlawarcher
    edited August 2009
    what will happen, if alliance have land's and suddently it broke?

honestly i didn't think of that. how about brain storming to think of a way.

1, the alliances can't suddenly be broken. if the guilds want to split, it will take a week or so to pull off. if it's just one guild that want's to leave then how about after the week ends they get more from the land then normally would. in the event all 3 guilds break up, the land will become owner less, a shame considering they busted their butts to get it but it's the only thing i can think of ATM.

2 if all 3 wish to back out, them perhaps a TW takes place at a diffrent time can began and the 3 guilds duke it out the winner gets the land.

this is all i could think of off the top of my head, not the best ideas out there but maybe some can build up on them?
    honestly tho, i don't see y one would back out of an alliance when they have land due too the fact that there is much to loss.
  • Diochan - Heavens Tear
    Diochan - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i would love to see this idea come to life. here at level 61, i'm finding things to be rather dull b:surrender

there is nothing much other than questing and grinding to do ATM. sure there is the cube but that gets dull to. are you telling me that in order to have something that is suginfcantly diffrent i have to wait till i reach all the way to level 80+ just so i could stand a chance in the event? i agree with the op. i think mid levels should have a piece of the pie.
  • Barbarics - Dreamweaver
    Barbarics - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yes especially with calamity set to take whole map on my server ^-^
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    uh.....no.....u can have aliances without some sistem thing

>.>
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]