it is possible to open a new server?

ROgirl - Harshlands
ROgirl - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
hi! Does anyone know when and if it will open another server? a European server because I play in Harshland and here is for the eastern ppl ! thx a lot and i w8 your answer !
P.S : is the best game and i like to play in an European server b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
b:victory
Post edited by ROgirl - Harshlands on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    New servers will be opened when the current ones get closer to capacity. I haven't heard of any plans for this to happen any time soon, but we are open to the idea if it is needed.
  • ciumi
    ciumi Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    hi! would be great if they would open another European server! and to me it's the same problem with time zone ! is the best racing game and I herd ... I hope to open as soon as possible because I'm in!
    are many who have the same problem with time zone as me! anyway even if it opens all the best racing game still! thank you !b:thanks
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    PWI, despite the name, has its HQ in the US, therefore the US takes priority. Also, majority of the current player basis on PWI is in the US, so complaining is rather useless.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • narc0tix
    narc0tix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    PWI is meant to service costumers in and around the US. If you want a european server, i recommend checking out PW-MS, since that is made to service European costumers.
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    This is only partially true. Our primary region is the U.S. but we have servers on the east coast specifically for east coast and European users. So the idea of another one isn't necessarily the most far-fetched
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    This is only partially true. Our primary region is the U.S. but we have servers on the east coast specifically for east coast and European users. So the idea of another one isn't necessarily the most far-fetched

Ah, indeed, but I believe that this person is specifically asking for a server that works around the European time, which would also mean GMs working at those hours. Now, I wonder which GMs want to work with 8 hours jetlag? Any volunteers?

Either that, or he's asking for a server physically hosted in the Europe for smaller latency, which is pretty much the same. Anyone up for hosting PWI Thousand Streams from their living room?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    Ah, indeed, but I believe that this person is specifically asking for a server that works around the European time, which would also mean GMs working at those hours. Now, I wonder which GMs want to work with 8 hours jetlag? Any volunteers?

Yeah in that case I'm not sure how possible that will be. b:shocked
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Yeah in that case I'm not sure how possible that will be. b:shocked

That's even worse than complaining about GMs being officially available 5 days a week.

• Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I live in Denmark. I would stay on Dreamweaver anyway. I like the US people around me b:chuckle
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Gefrituurd - Lost City
    Gefrituurd - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I like international.

I just feel way more cozy talking english then my own language.
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    Baraya - Dreamweaver Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Either that, or he's asking for a server physically hosted in the Europe for smaller latency, which is pretty much the same. Anyone up for hosting PWI Thousand Streams from their living room?

It's simple, really. Hire GMs who live over-sees. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ROgirl - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    I said I'd better be a European server I do not necessarily referring to the time zone but the latency for most people in Europe are speaking and They tell me the same thing! Now everything depends on GM! anyway if not I will do all I play ... was only a suggestionb:sad! anyway I hope you think about at that! thx b:thanks
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    An idea for eastern servers(DW and harshlands)would be to move the TW time back by a few hours.You have to understand that for we europeans that means it normallly starts at 2am,which is not the best time to play.So if they would move that 4-5 hours earlier we would really be gratefull pwi.Anyway keep up the good work and whip the devs to work more on implementing missing things like the npc for abomination trade.
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    Starrr - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    hi! Does anyone know when and if it will open another server? a European server because I play in Harshland and here is for the eastern ppl ! thx a lot and i w8 your answer !
    P.S : is the best game and i like to play in an European server b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks

harshlands only has like 50 players and you expect them to open you a new server?
    Staring at the wall is much more rewarding than playing PW.
  • XImmortelle - Dreamweaver
    XImmortelle - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    is there a server for east coast n european people?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *ω* <3333333 I love you
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    is there a server for east coast n european people?

There's two: Dreamweaver and Harshlands
  • muop
    muop Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    wait till the new class come out and then open the new server b:pleased
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I moved specifically to DW since I'm in the UK (yes, it is 4:05 AM as I type this). Unless they offer character transfers, people like me would find it hard to decide to either leave their primary character and start fresh or split their PWI time between the two again. Also consider that the vast majority of players are in North America. Having a Europe server would incite other non-USA players to ask for their own too.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I moved specifically to DW since I'm in the UK (yes, it is 4:05 AM as I type this). Unless they offer character transfers, people like me would find it hard to decide to either leave their primary character and start fresh or split their PWI time between the two again. Also consider that the vast majority of players are in North America. Having a Europe server would incite other non-USA players to ask for their own too.

I had that issue when they opened east coast servers -- abandon my old character (around 5x) and reroll on one that matches my timezone, or deal with the later times for events that aren't really convenient for me. I decided to deal with it >>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • ROgirl - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    There's two: Dreamweaver and Harshlands

Maybe Harshland & Dreamweaver are European servers but time zone and ping are not for Europe ! Any player who is in Europe can confirm! anyway can not now ... but maybe soon will open a new server so that all Europeans do not stand up at 2 or 3 to participate in TW or events
  • XImmortelle - Dreamweaver
    XImmortelle - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    oh then im in the right server b:victory
    i live in the netherlands/holland ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *ω* <3333333 I love you
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Maybe Harshland & Dreamweaver are European servers but time zone and ping are not for Europe ! Any player who is in Europe can confirm! anyway can not now ... but maybe soon will open a new server so that all Europeans do not stand up at 2 or 3 to participate in TW or events

Well, as said, that's because their main audience for PWI is the US. And you're lucky, I'm on Sanctuary and live in +2, so the evening TWs are at 6 in the morning, which makes it so that no matter what I do, my performance would be limited either due to recently waking up or not sleeping in the first place. 2 or 3 is still tolerable.
    It's simple, really. Hire GMs who live over-sees. =D

Unlike forum mods, GMs are paid and work in an office. So what you're saying is that PWE needs to make an office building somewhere in the Europe, host servers in the Europe and hire people in the Europe just so that they could attempt to steal customers from the European PW? Not only is that bad business, but also rather impractical, because the costs far outweight the gains, even on a long-term basis.

• Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009

They're in New York.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Well, jsut like a lot of businesses that run 24/7, a lot of them have people that work the "overnight" shift. An over night could easily manage GM job. I have an overnight position at my second job. It's actually nice to be awake at 3 am working. No one is in the store and things can get done! Hah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    yes lets open new server for every fking my-en nubs since lost city and hl isnt enough of **** names lets make new..? how about patch for my en names for those kids who cant learn even in 1 year correct names...so far LC/HL hieros/holy hall of kids/mg/wr/wf/wb/adc city of feather...if cant learn correct names in 1 year must be very sad persons
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    yes lets open new server for every fking my-en nubs since lost city and hl isnt enough of **** names lets make new..? how about patch for my en names for those kids who cant learn even in 1 year correct names...so far LC/HL hieros/holy hall of kids/mg/wr/wf/wb/adc city of feather...if cant learn correct names in 1 year must be very sad persons

lolwat offtopic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lolwat offtopic

its not ? or is it
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    its not ? or is it

No one's talking about the names that are used, just that European users want something with a better ping and time zone for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I wouldn't expect too much. They say they care about their european players,but so far they have shown very little about it and i've been here since closed beta.

Before harshland and sanctuary opened,they said they will adjust time's for europeans. Even the first servers were supposed to have east/west choices.

Never happened, instead they opened new servers for just a bit lower ping for europeans, leaving all old players with the options to A:start over or B:live with it. I chose B. Not very customer friendly i would say.

They really should add two times for most global events,one for europeans and one for usa and of course make it so that you can only join either one.

TW-schedule however is bit more difficult, but could still use few hour adjustments to be better for all.

If they ever open a new server that really is designed for europeans and their timezones,they have to offer character transfers or they are,once again, letting their old player base down. Though character transfers will probably never happen,since they make more money if we just do a new one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Arlin - Harshlands
    Arlin - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Yes, that would be awesome. but better not get your hopes up, no one gives a **** about europeons >.>