are archers needed for parties?

Zhubin - Dreamweaver
Zhubin - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
hi all.
i'm curious to know are archers needed for parties and what role can they play in parties.
i'm not that high lvl to go for real parties like rebirthes or tt's or zhen or...
but i've read the forum and most people say clerics-venos and barbs are good and needed for parties.
at high lvl's do anybody invite an archer to their parties?
thx.
and i apologize for my poor english.b:surrender
Post edited by Zhubin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sharptooth arrow is all really.
  • Susie_Q - Lost City
    Susie_Q - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sharptooth arrow is an awesome skill to have in any boss runs and is also effective in TWs.
    Yes archers are pretty useful in rebirth order runs.
    Archers are good for HH runs etc too as I feel that I can do as much damage as any DD and yet spend fewer coins.
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    archers are in demand for ZHEN parties as well. remember, after wizards archers can dish out the most damage out of all the races due to their crit hit rate. with them going damage parties can have an easy time.... if they have someone to keep arrgo REALLY well lol
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    At my level I currently have zero issues finding a group. Since there is 6 slots for squad members having a spare slot or two is quite common.
    This trend seem to follow in the higher levels although I have no actual experience of yet.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Barrage = win at higher levels.

Sharptooth arrow is great for bosses.

We are good at dealing damage without dealing with the common mage problems.

Ex. ZOMG I FORGOT MP POTS
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lol theres always the zomg i didnt have enough arrows!

went pretty close on a TT run...i had 10k packed and left w/ 2k. would've been really embarrassing running up to the boss in the middle of a fight w/ fists
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Archer is actually an amazing pve class at high lvls, but not so amazing in pvp - unless youre filthy rich. Its pretty much the main DD-class for all fbs/HH. At high lvls archer is also the main tank in parties for ranged bosses.

Once u have the the barb, ep and veno ppl will try to get an archer.
    I never heard anyone ask "is any wizards free for TT" or "need 1 BM for TT". Ppl really only wants BMs for lunar glade and come buff defense at belial than gtfo and wizards are not even allowed in TT b:shutup. But archers are needed for high dps and 15-20% sharptoot .

Rebirth you need pretty much all classes, the DDs with the most refined weapon and highest lvl zhen mostly gets invited. Its actually harder to get into rebirth as veno or cleric than archer in my experience. Mainly cuz many archers cant afford rebirth, the cost of gold mp charms are to high for them - while clerics and venos pretty much can do rebirth for free.

And zhen parties...lol. Its not about being "needed" or getting "invited" its about having enough money to do it. Any archer with enough cash to zhen for 2-3 hours and burn loads of gold mp charm can join a zhen party.

Although the class is kinda overplayed at mid-lvls so many archers around like lvl 60-90. Thats what makes it kinda hard to get into parties for archers.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You wont have much trouble finding a spot in a squad. The only exception may be BH69. All those squads "prefer" 2 clerics + a barb. Not needed but, its their choice.

I wouldnt say archers "useless" in squads, but they're not "needed" as like all other damage dealing classes (except for that 4minute boss, which I've never done. So I wouldnt know). But, it wont be a problem finding a TT squad, or rebirth if you level up your sharptooth arrow. -16% hp ftw.

Oh yea... heres a tip. Dont be an overly awesome damage dealer by trying to out damage the barb a lot. b:chuckle
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Archer is actually an amazing pve class at high lvls, but not so amazing in pvp - unless youre filthy rich. Its pretty much the main DD-class for all fbs/HH. At high lvls archer is also the main tank in parties for ranged bosses.

Once u have the the barb, ep and veno ppl will try to get an archer.
    I never heard anyone ask "is any wizards free for TT" or "need 1 BM for TT". Ppl really only wants BMs for lunar glade and come buff defense at belial than gtfo and wizards are not even allowed in TT b:shutup. But archers are needed for high dps and 15-20% sharptoot .

Rebirth you need pretty much all classes, the DDs with the most refined weapon and highest lvl zhen mostly gets invited. Its actually harder to get into rebirth as veno or cleric than archer in my experience. Mainly cuz many archers cant afford rebirth, the cost of gold mp charms are to high for them - while clerics and venos pretty much can do rebirth for free.

And zhen parties...lol. Its not about being "needed" or getting "invited" its about having enough money to do it. Any archer with enough cash to zhen for 2-3 hours and burn loads of gold mp charm can join a zhen party.

Although the class is kinda overplayed at mid-lvls so many archers around like lvl 60-90. Thats what makes it kinda hard to get into parties for archers.
    You don't need a gold MP charm for RB, at least not gamma.

The first one I did with a bronze MP charm. It lasted long enough to get a lvl 2 mp aura. The second time I did with event pots. 100 of them was more than enough to last until you can set a lvl 2 mp aura.

Never done delta so I don't know about that.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I know some archers that dont even use an mp charm for gamma.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    just get 5 other archers and have a pew pew party b:laugh
    imagine potentially having this from 6 level 60+ archers
    6 stuns
    6 aim lows
    6 knockbacks
    err i have 2 bleeds and 1 poison so for a party of 6 archers thats err Oo dead
    6 ranged aoe's
    6 melee aoes
    omfg 6 barrages on one boss mob? hp charm + event foods ftw?
    5 other ppl who use ammo incase you do run out hehe
    6 genies yay!!(mine has a 10 metre knockback aoe)

<
    65 archer WTB 5 other same lvl pure dex archers with hp charms to go **** stuffz b:chuckle
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    just get 5 other archers and have a pew pew party b:laugh
    imagine potentially having this from 6 level 60+ archers
    6 stuns
    6 aim lows
    6 knockbacks
    err i have 2 bleeds and 1 poison so for a party of 6 archers thats err Oo dead
    6 ranged aoe's
    6 melee aoes
    omfg 6 barrages on one boss mob? hp charm + event foods ftw?
    5 other ppl who use ammo incase you do run out hehe
    6 genies yay!!(mine has a 10 metre knockback aoe)

<
    65 archer WTB 5 other same lvl pure dex archers with hp charms to go **** stuffz b:chuckle
    imagine six hercs/nixes ?
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    for TT.....hardly >_> cuz theyre known for stealin agro
    zhening...yes
    rebirth...yes
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    for TT.....hardly >_> cuz theyre known for stealin agro

STA/fists/actually knowing how to play well enough to control your aggro/a good barb/a herc tanking.

What's that about stealing aggro again? b:chuckle
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    only time its bad to have an archer in the party is when a BM is tanking. I had a level 70 barb do his job right during a BH59 despite me being 15 levels higher at the time.(was helping a friend since its unwined)

yet I stole aggro off a level 89 demon BM despite being 5 levels lower. I was lucky enough that he took aggro back in time while i was at 400 HP in charm cooldown since polearm hits hard ~_~;;
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^