Improve Flight Mastery simply...

Zackey - Sanctuary
Zackey - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
I dont know about everyone else but in my opinion, i think flight mastery should apply to all wings for the Winged race... Why?

1. We pay in our time for this skill
2. We also paid in our spirit and gold just to get this skill
3. We paid you our money (If we have cash shop wings)

If this would add onto cash shop wings, DQ wings, etc., it would set apart what makes this a Winged race. If that's really a problem for you guys then i have a further suggestion to this, make it only work out of combat or something if it interferes with pvp elements. It wouldn't hurt just to be a bit faster, would it?

If not either just take out this skill or do something else with it because i find it annoying that i spend money on this and can barely call it "Flight Mastery" as i see 10 year olds zooming past me on their new birthday flyers with some good solid movement points over me...

Seriously, i understand what they paid. Money. But hey, we paid time; a more valuable commodity. Just a suggestion. =)
What signature?
Post edited by Zackey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That would make it unfair for all the other classes. We don't force you to get the skill so if you don't want to spend the time/sp and money don't get it. If you want to comprimise give that to all classes. And take away are increased swimming cause we barely use that and it's unnoticable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Vivetus - Sanctuary
    Vivetus - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    but the thing is we have the *gift* of aviation since level 1, shouldnt being able to master it be applicable to the wings? it only makes sense and logically considering the fact weve had the ability to fly longer

u say the swimming thing isnt noticeable but many barbs and venos have out swam me making me unable to pk them b:cry

on another note humans have the ability to run at high speeds, untamed to swim at high speeds why not us fly? it only adds a bit more balance imo
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    this is true though. i mean, we're the winged elves and flight should be our trade mark. once we hit 30 we really arent much different from anyone else that can fly. for anyone that says its unfair, think about fighting a barb in the water... yea ever had that happen? or a bm that uses cloud sprint or that other skill that makes you run fast and makes you immume to stuns if your trying to run through SP or any type of instance and you just cant get away because the dude runs so fast. point is that humans own the land, untamed own the water (and sky if your a veno w/ a nix O_o) and elfs got the skyes...until lvl 30 >:3.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That's a . . . well it's a terrible idea.

Flight Mastery already gives elves the opportunity to fly faster than most CS mounts without spending a cent.

Having flight mastery effect CS wings would make elves far faster fliers than other classes for a tiny investment in SP and cash. That's unfair and imbalanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited August 2009
    Actually Bm's can only run fast, and cleric's have a skill to make them run faster amd it's a squad skill. And we fly ALOT more then we swim. So that's a unfair advantage. and swimming mastery has only one level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
    edited August 2009
    this is true though. i mean, we're the winged elves and flight should be our trade mark. once we hit 30 we really arent much different from anyone else that can fly.

But the thing is you still have thatb advantage for those 30 levels, and if you like that skill keep your wings and bring a few mp pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    But the thing is you still have thatb advantage for those 30 levels, and if you like that skill keep your wings and bring a few mp pots.

btw w/ a select few wings and flying mounts other classes can take flight at lvl 20 b:victory
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Actually Bm's can only run fast, and cleric's have a skill to make them run faster amd it's a squad skill. And we fly ALOT more then we swim. So that's a unfair advantage. and swimming mastery has only one level.

They do ? Which skill might that be ?
    (think you meant archers)

Swimming Mastery does "N/A" for venos.. (doesn't work)

-BM have 2 "speed buffs" to increase speed + Leap Back/Forward
    -Wiz has leap skill
    -Archer has squad speed buff
    -Veno has summer sprint
    -Barb's have swimming mastery and increase speed with True Form

Only ones left out are our dear clerics who have trouble catching up to their team to heal in a FB/TT.. b:sad
    Holy Path FTW
    /rant

Getting back to the point, having flight mastery affect cash shop wings would be give an unfair advantage in PvP to the winged elves if it were to add to the max speed of +3.0

Only way I could see it happen is if the skill remains at max 2.0 speed. Say you get the batwings or glitter flaps, with lvl 10 flight mastery they could fly at speed 2.0 instead of +.05/+.1.5
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    btw w/ a select few wings and flying mounts other classes can take flight at lvl 20 b:victory

Gold Gourd, Razor Sting and Iridescence wings are lvl 10 I believe..

Sorry to double post.. I don't know how to work the multi-quote...
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    cleric's have a skill to make them run faster amd it's a squad skill.

i must be blind? or something?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Maybe instead of making the skill affect all wings, it is changed so that it affects just the two that we get for free (natural elven wings, and eagle wings). This way, we still get that "the winged race masters the sky" effect, while still making the skill worth our time to lvl. But I do agree with everyone saying that making Flight Mastery boost all wings, including CS wings is over powered, and should not be done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Suggestion Denied
    Quit.
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i think this is a reasonable idea. it's said by the elder of plume herself "no one beast or sword the untamed and humans ride can match the wings winged elves are born with. i think the skill should apply to all wings as well or at lease make new skills that affect a winged elves flight.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    +5.0m/s wings.

Yes Please
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Zackey - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    i think this is a reasonable idea. it's said by the elder of plume herself "no one beast or sword the untamed and humans ride can match the wings winged elves are born with. i think the skill should apply to all wings as well or at lease make new skills that affect a winged elves flight.

This is exactly what i was digging for. This game needs more diversity. We need to separate the classes/races out a but and show what makes them tick. Because pretty much right now the only difference to me between different classes is appearance of the character and their spells and animations.

Also, you people saying its a problem and it will overpower us... can you read? I mentioned it will only be an active passive ability out of combat, so nobody gets "ganked" because of those "OP" spell. This also is where other things can intertwine with this idea, like making the barbs speed or other classes i dont play more interesting.

But seriously, im thinking flying should be like this. This game has gotten to the point of beginning AUTOMATION. Meaning you dont actually have to play the freakin game. Sure, just leave the flight experience to the stupid auto-path and go afk, because its obviously TOO SLOW.

If this isnt enough inspiration, you could throw in a speed bracket where you fly like normal, but if you fly for any longer than 10 or 30 seconds, you will gain a noticable amount of speed. For convenience of long distance travel of course. This little speed burst effect could probably add on to all flyers (to prevent further whining). This could probably take out the haste option, hell, its useless anyway.

Again, just a suggestion
    What signature?
    edited August 2009

yes, but they're exspensive, so you want to fly pay the cash
    pand0ra wrote: »
    They do ? Which skill might that be ?
    (think you meant archers)

Swimming Mastery does "N/A" for venos.. (doesn't work)

-BM have 2 "speed buffs" to increase speed + Leap Back/Forward
    -Wiz has leap skill
    -Archer has squad speed buff
    -Veno has summer sprint
    -Barb's have swimming mastery and increase speed with True Form

Only ones left out are our dear clerics who have trouble catching up to their team to heal in a FB/TT.. b:sad
    Holy Path FTW
    /rant

Getting back to the point, having flight mastery affect cash shop wings would be give an unfair advantage in PvP to the winged elves if it were to add to the max speed of +3.0

Only way I could see it happen is if the skill remains at max 2.0 speed. Say you get the batwings or glitter flaps, with lvl 10 flight mastery they could fly at speed 2.0 instead of +.05/+.1.5

Sorry I got mixed up with holy path, cause everyone I saw that used it was a cleric, so I assumed it was a cleric only skill.Human's deserve thos skills becuase they can neither transform or fly from lvl 1. And our speed plus is to help us when we're tanking. What would the speed boost give the winged elves but be able to kill us better in pvp. An increase to flying speed for just winged elves would be a unfair advantage. Winged elves already have the best pvper's, highest crits, etc... If you get a flying speed plus so should we. We pay the same money for out mount, why should you get the plus that would completely uneven the classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Zackey - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    You guys seriously cant read, i said before it would be made to work like that only OUT OF COMBAT, so PvP for clerics will be the SAME. Ignorants...
    What signature?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i must be blind? or something?

Its a level 79 skill Alyyy. So there is a speed buff for clerics, just not something that is easy to get.

Guardian Light:
    Temporarily reduces damage taken and increases movement speed.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.