User Interface Consistencies

Options
Cholla - Harshlands
Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
I think our game experience could be significantly improved with a few bits of effort spent on our UI. This would especially benefit newcomers:

First, when when we are picking a server, PVE and PVP should have tooltips describing these acronyms.

Second, our chat system scroll bar should only vanish when the chat pane is all the way on the bottom (scrolling) and when the chat text entry box does not have focus.

Third, the chat text entry box should have its text colored to match the current destination chat channel. You already have this on a letter over on the left, but too often that's too inconspicuous. (oops! wc!)

Fourth, currently a person's faction (and title) appears above their name, except when a person's name appears above their faction (and title). I think our in-game names (over our heads) should be made consistent with our targeting information. [For example, I get confused when someone asks me to invite someone nearby and they have given me a faction name.]

Also, personal chat (where we get a special window for whispering with someone) should match focus rules for regular chat. Currently, when we click outside that window, we keep typing inside it. (I would also like this for the "name this location" popup we get when we manually add a coordinate to our location assistant but I am not sure if that would be practical.)
Post edited by Cholla - Harshlands on

Comments

• ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    1st: agree
    2nd: then how can you scroll up if it vanish?
    3rd: this is just flexibility versus user-friendly. I prefer flexibility though.
    4th: agree
    also: agree