Charge $$$ for Catshops to reduce Lag

Oichii - Dreamweaver
Oichii - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
Charge Catshops for the time they stay in "Shop Mode" and set prices to increase the longer a Cat shop stays on. Yes, this might sound harsh but given present economy and Lag caused by a zillion catshops, this would drastically reduce and tackle both problems head-on. I would really like to see this implemented.

My suggestion would be like Charging 10K Coins / Hr or something like that so people would get serious and only catshop IF they want to sell something and not setup multiple catshops, one on their Comp, one their Laptop etc and make them stay there 24x7. b:angry
Post edited by Oichii - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Only 10k? No, give catshops auction house fees, per hour!
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Only 10k? No, give catshops auction house fees, per hour!

100k per hour "licensing" fee would not be bad. That would mean 2.4million per day to have a catshop running 24/7.

Although PWI would have to fix the AH so it is easier to use (liek searching items by name), and add everything in game to it (like the missing clothes).
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wow this is a really intelligent suggestion *Sarcasm*.

People are already complaining about the economy. Do this and the PWI economy will go into total meltdown and there will be a mass exodus of players.

It will be virtually impossible to buy anything you need that isn't worth 100s of K or more.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wow this is a really intelligent suggestion *Sarcasm*.

People are already complaining about the economy. Do this and the PWI economy will go into total meltdown and there will be a mass exodus of players.

It will be virtually impossible to buy anything you need that isn't worth 100s of K or more.

Well, I guess that would also fix the lag issue...... (sarcasm as well)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    *takes topic and throws in Trash can*
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Charging money to use the catshop defeats the entire point of the shop in the first place. Selling usually takes a long time so if an hourly charge is set up, then a player selling one or two cheap items might not even be able to profit at all. So, while some kind of restriction on catshops would help, it shouldn't be a fee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Barbarics - Dreamweaver
    Barbarics - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    well various people (those with lesser end pcs) are finding arch and catshops to become a bit game ruining i hear and apprently a few have left due to the arch lag i personally think removing catshops all together and having buildings which you can enter with multiple auctioneers in would be a better idea and only allowing those who pay for catshop licenses use catshops were ever they would like
  • Unplugged - Heavens Tear
    Unplugged - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You wanna **** over the entire pwi comunity and economy just so you can fly past archo safe zone without a little lag? This has to be the most idiotic suggestion i've ever read. Even more so if you actually believe it would solve your problem.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Oh, sounds like the greedy players don't like the idea. "OMG I'd have to actually use some money instead of just keep getting more! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ"

Get over it you greedy punks.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Oh, sounds like the greedy players don't like the idea. "OMG I'd have to actually use some money instead of just keep getting more! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ"

Get over it you greedy punks.

Selling items is not greedy, unless they overprice it or sell useless junk. I find it a bad idea, and it only happens in west arch here in HT... just 1 little area ROFL. If you don't like the lag, don't go in west arch unless u want to do quests. If its another area, don't go there either. Charging money for catshops is a bad idea. I disagree and I don't catshop myself b:laugh I just get around and have no problems so... don't go where there is many catshops?

As for icejazmin, I agree on AH part, where you can look for items BY NAME. So frustrating to look for certain missing items b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Selling items is not greedy, unless they overprice it or sell useless junk. I find it a bad idea, and it only happens in west arch here in HT... just 1 little area ROFL. If you don't like the lag, don't go in west arch unless u want to do quests. If its another area, don't go there either. Charging money for catshops is a bad idea. I disagree and I don't catshop myself b:laugh I just get around and have no problems so... don't go where there is many catshops?

As for icejazmin, I agree on AH part, where you can look for items BY NAME. So frustrating to look for certain missing items b:sad

Lol, 100% of catshops sell overpriced and useless junk.b:chuckle

It's just a certain few catshoppers ruining the game for everyone else. Besides, leaving your computer on 24/7 is bad for the environment.b:pleased
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol, 100% of catshops sell overpriced and useless junk.b:chuckle

It's just a certain few catshoppers ruining the game for everyone else. Besides, leaving your computer on 24/7 is bad for the environment.b:pleased

True, a lot of people sell overpriced / junk, but thats not 100% xD, not even 90%. There are people who buy in catshops for nice prices, so why complain about it?

Good part is
    -No lag (in one area there is no lag LOL)
    -No more junk will be selling (i think)

Bad part is
    -You will have a harder time trying to buy items
    -Lowbies won't be able to buy their own armors (at all maybe)
    -For GMs, that would make the players who buy cash shop quit, (definately they won't do that)
    -More spamming from advertising (you want to hear "selling puragatorian armor LVL30" all the time? Especially in normal chat?
    -AH would probably be more empty
    -You might have to end up with even more full inventory than now (who will be buying mats?)

Would it be worth freeing lag in west arch (or any other place which is not much at all?) Just to deal with the bad sides?

Simple solution:
    -Don't go to where there are so many catshops
    -Lower quality of your game
    -In AH just skip the all the items you don't need and look on the next page
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye