Archer needs weapon advice

Zemmos - Sanctuary
Zemmos - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
Hey fellow archers ^^ or if youre any other kind, hi also b:victory

so, im in a faction i made with a friend, and there are not many high level players, me, a lvl 54 archer atm, being the highest lvl in the faction. Just got the Gen Summer's longbow, and cant wait to get another weapon, since its really far from awesomeness,unlike the magic sword or dual hammers..that glow...

So i was thinking of the ☆ Swiftwind Crossbow (TT60). Ive been hearing from friends that you need a good squad to do it, best chances would be being in a good faction...

My question is, how can i get my hands on one of those TT60 swiftwind crossbows? Go into a good faction? Find people to help? or just buy it? I have to add, I'm willing to buy the weapon. What kind of prices are awaiting me?
And one last nooby question: If i do decide to get the mold, what do i have to do? Gather materials and then what? Sorry, i was never really interested in those manufacturing skills.

sorry for the long post, and thanks for your answers and replies. b:byeb:victoryb:thanks
Post edited by Zemmos - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Daishar - Dreamweaver
    Daishar - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    TT 1-1, the dungeon where you get materials for TT60 xbow isn`t too hard, at least if you have cleric with BB & other spam healing the tank. Also lvl 6X veno with herc can tank it well, and you only need BB cleric, to do it. And that`s about squad mode, solo mode is soloable to 6X veno, even herc isn`t needed on ~65+ or so. On Dreamweaver I can buy materials & make that xbow for ~500k, seen somebody selling one under that. And you don`t need mold to make one, only materials, when you got them, just go to forge near General Summers and make it, lvl 4 blacksmith is needed.

I can`t tell you anything specific about prices on sanctuary, but I don`t believe them can be way higher as TT60 materials are easily obtainable for lvl60+ players and Sanctuary being older than DW, them should be cheaper, but I can only say them should be :S.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There is no mold.

It may be easiest to buy the Crossbow in the Auction House (Weapons -> Elite Instance -> Twilight Temple).
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    HH 1-1 isn't very hard and you should run through it at least once for the quests.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    My question is, how can i get my hands on one of those TT60 swiftwind crossbows? Go into a good faction? Find people to help? or just buy it? I have to add, I'm willing to buy the weapon. What kind of prices are awaiting me?

I bought mine, as I mostly play solo and the people I play with tend to be busy with higher level TTs or other such stuff. I believe I paid something in the 200,000 range for mine.
    And one last nooby question: If i do decide to get the mold, what do i have to do? Gather materials and then what? Sorry, i was never really interested in those manufacturing skills.

No mold for TTs, you only get materials from the TTs and use those to make them at the special forges in Archosaur near General Summer. However, you will want to keep your TT60 in the case that you plan to use TT70s or TT80s, as you decompose the TT60 and use that as a material for the TT70 and then you decompose the TT70 for TT80 and so forth.

Oh, and for the record, for PvE, you won't be using the TT60 for too long, as at 69, you can use the Wind and the Clouds.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.