Bypassing BSOD with alternative WUSB54G Adapater drivers (VISTA)

Options
cloezy1
cloezy1 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Support Desk
I came across this error a few times using other applications.

The problem: Vista 32-bit users that use the WUSB54G adapter on their wireless network will experience a blue screen of death. The cause of this is a driver conflict with the hardware. The driver is called netr70.sys This seems to be a very common bug when using certain applications such as U-Torrent, client patching programs, regular downloads, in-game use, etc. There is NO fix for this except to change drivers. Changing the way the program is handled with compatibility mode or administrator mode does not resolve this. Again this is a driver issue and can only be fixed by using different drivers.

The Solution: The link provided below directs the user to an official driver download section for Linksys Wireless technologies. The only resolve is located with the WUSB54G drivers for "XP, I repeat "XP", not Vista. The XP drivers for the WUSB54G adapter will work with Vista 32-bit.

http://www.nodevice.com/driver/WUSB54G/get43751.html

The link has instructions on how to install drivers manually and properly.

Install the driver based on your Wireless-G Adapter's version number. Mine is version 4, so I use the rt2500usb.sys file which is located in the drivers/version 4 folder.

I don't recommend installing the setup file as its not needed to run your wireless adapter correctly, its just a monitor program.

kk bye

(\-/)
(o.o)

This is Bunny. Bunny wants to Rule the world.
Put this in your sig to help Bunny to World Domination.
Post edited by cloezy1 on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.