Just wondering...

Antlers - Heavens Tear
Antlers - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Is there even a point to PKing in this game? I've talked to people and they all seem to think that theres not. I'm getting more convinced of this by the second. Would anyone like to elaborate a bit more?

1) Are there any benefits at all?

2) Do you get the other person's stuff?

3) Or is this just some thing put into the game to grief people for no reason?
Post edited by Antlers - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009

1) Are there any benefits at all? E-Peen

2) Do you get the other person's stuff? If there stupid and don't bind their gear/carry dolls

3) Or is this just some thing put into the game to grief people for no reason? Yes
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Brings another element to the game, when your grinding you cant be mindless. Always pressing "t" to look out for enemy guilds.

Guilds battle for grinding areas (or use too).
    Stoping enemy guilds from grinding, zhening.
    Protecting your mat farming area.
    For the enjoyment.

You see a guild doing a world boss...you don't want them to get perfect shards so you get your own guild to go and kill em.

Basically pking in PVP servers is used to hinder the other person as much as possible, you can stop them from lvling, getting good gear. Then your helping yourself in the long run. And taking out your competition.

If you get them to ragequit the guild even better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The benefit is it really tests your skill as a player.

If you have ever dueled and enjoyed it, this takes it to the next level. Instead of a short no risk duel, in PvP you are in a situation where you are really fighting for your life. Everything about your character, the build, what you have equipped, the Pots you have etc can make a difference as to whether you win or lose in a close match.

Most of the time if you are white named on a PvP server you don't get attacked but once in a while a random PKr will come around so unlike a PvE server, you have to be on your toes all the time.

The other big benefit is that if you have KSing problems, or just don't like another player, you can just PK them instead of just trading useless insults at each other.
  • BludShot - Lost City
    BludShot - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    idk but pk is for the rich.. who agrees?
    b:surrender
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    idk but pk is for the rich.. who agrees?

I don't agree. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=392191

just find someone like this and steal their cash shop items to use for yourself. =p also you can farm mats and sell DQ items for coin which you can exchange for gold. ^.^
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    1) Are there any benefits at all? some people are dumb enough not to carry doll or run out of em in mid battle and do not notice hence $$ for you btw bragging rights?

2) Do you get the other person's stuff?If they don't carry dolls.

3) Or is this just some thing put into the game to grief people for no reason? People who don't mind getting pked/camped are the only ones i would recommand for a pvp server.

Now answer this;
    What would be the point of PvE'ing 24/7?
    Quit.
  • Voices - Lost City
    Voices - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There is one utility to pking that some fail to notice: It's a hindrance to those that decide to bot in the world map. PvE players will have to rely on the unlikely appearance of a GM for this. Another advantage is that it's a hindrance to kill stealing that occurs more often in PVE servers. PKing ensures that players can always compete for resources and materials rather than passively "play fair".

In many ways, the single world system for perfect world > channel system for other games, and PKing is meant to supplement this system. In other words pking is a feature of the game that builds on another feature. While PVE server is meant more for community, PVP is meant for competition. The point of pking is (usually) to effect other players in ways that players in PVE servers cannot.

So, in short, yes there is a point to pking. Some people just have to be creative enough to consider its purpose.
  • Atalan - Sanctuary
    Atalan - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    1) Are there any benefits at all? some people are dumb enough not to carry doll or run out of em in mid battle and do not notice hence $$ for you btw bragging rights?

2) Do you get the other person's stuff?If they don't carry dolls.

3) Or is this just some thing put into the game to grief people for no reason? People who don't mind getting pked/camped are the only ones i would recommand for a pvp server.

Now answer this;
    What would be the point of PvE'ing 24/7?

MOAR QQ FOR PVE b:victory
    /sarcasmoff
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The only point of PvE is to get stronger so you can do better in PvP
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Silvia_Xenth - Lost City
    Silvia_Xenth - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    iff PVP was made so a 10+ player cant pk u then it would we way etter it would force high lv player 2 actually do look for someone to pk that can give themself a it off a challange or nerf higher lv players 2 same limit a lower lv player have in skill damage etc then it would we fear as this lv90 pking 30+++ we all knew is nothing but griefing on someone who will we easy prey anything else is **** and i always REPORT whatever they are banned or not
    i do play multiple chars. NOW the high lv why that i mean lv90++ are bored that they see little competition I DONT CARE iff u belive that pking is the only thing left why dont u just quit and let the players who still love this game we in peace pking low lv COS ur bored is nothing but 2 show urself as un ****
    and the majority off ppl dont give a **** about U. Pking lv30 when ur 90 isnt in any WAY competition so gtfo

this all who dont knew about PVP is how it in reallity LOOK like

iff u like it come 2 the pvp server atherwise ull have hard lving with pricks
    pking u for having 0 life