Windows 7

Feiric - Harshlands
Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Support Desk
I read in the FAQ on the site that Windows 7 isn't supported. I'm building a desktop computer and the plan is to get that OS. I also want to keep playing this game, though.

Anyone know when this game will be compatable with Window 7? Is it possible to run this game with it? If so, how?
Post edited by Feiric - Harshlands on

Comments

• Yoyomeng - Lost City
    Yoyomeng - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It works fine with Win 7.
  • Mohkano - Sanctuary
    Mohkano - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have a friend who also said there were no major compatibility issues with 7. The only problems she had were some unrelated things with her soundcard.
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Glad to hear it! Thanks!
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2009
    The primary reason that Windows 7 is not officially supported - yet - is that it hasn't been officially released yet. Rest assured though that we have been performing extensive tests with it Perfect World should run just fine.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    We have tested all of our games on XP, Vista and 7 (all in the 32bit flavors) and have had no issues.

Some issues you all might have are various drivers issues for your video, sound, or network if the manufacturers haven't properly made their drivers for 7.

If the drivers were made for XP/Vista, they may have issues. If they were made for the Vista kernel, most likely the drivers "should" work on 7, since Vista and 7 share the same kernal (but 7 handles things SO MUCH FASTER).

An example of how sweet Win7 is:

On windows 7: I can install PWI, verify during install once, patch, login to the game, run around for a few, logout, uninstall the game, change UAC to be on max, reboot the system, and start installing the game again. b:pleased

On Windows Vista: During this same Win7 install (simultaneous dual systems) above, I will STILL be installing PWI up to about the 60% point. b:sad

Also, Win7 copies and accesses everything faster. We copied a 1.5GB file from a HDD based USB drive in 30 seconds.

In my professional opinion, I love Windows 7. Vista is just fine on 4GB of RAM and running as x64 version. But 7 is the lucky number this time b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Win 7 64bit works flawlessly too.

Try installing PWI on an SSD b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    How are the read and write times on the SSD? What kind is it?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    OCZ Vertex 120GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227395 It doesn't do much for the game itself, just installs faster and the load screen is a bit quicker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.