Problems with''Healing Aura'' ( BB )

Options
leyend
leyend Posts: 28 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
hi all, recently with some friends clerics we did a few of instances,like FB70, froscovered city, n for some reason the clerics did BB n after of a few seconds, like 10sec , the mob trow an aoe attack, n the BB stoped D: ,it sayd interrumped, but how can be possible if the skill was charged? interrumped is when they hit u while u are channeling or casting but... how can interrump it without cast or channeling =s ? because the BB cast one time only n stay healing all the time. i asked my friends, n before of the new patch this not happened before with aoe mobs, n we talk about that with more friends n to they happened the same thing with the BB =s , if the BB can be stopped after of compele te channeling n casting, the BB turn useless =s , with aoe boss we cant use it, or with aoe normal mobs like in the froscovered city multi mode...then what is happening >.< the BB turned useless or something? =s , i repeat..my friends clerics told me that this dont happened before of the new patch, n i trust them because with gaurnob,polearm, aoe mobs n another bosses this didnt happened before, n i did like 30 fb70 without BB interrumpted.

if some clerics know about this or can confirm this weird event with the BB or it was always interrumpible after of the casting n channeling plz asnwers in this post =s , may be is something like a bug of the patch ,maybe =s.
Post edited by leyend on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Not weird....this skill can be interrupted like any other of our magic skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • leyend
    edited August 2009
    Options
    but after of the channeling n casting?? when it started to work? while is healing for a while ?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    leyend wrote: »
    but after of the channeling n casting?? when it started to work? while is healing for a while ?

Yup....the bubble can be broken. Essentially, you can get "hit" hard enough to "knock" you out of the skill and cancel it. At higher levels, you can get the BB right back up (3rd. Spark)...but at lower levels is may be tougher unless you have Chi pots on you.

But this is not unusual and happens even at the higher levels. You learn to identify what will knock you out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    leyend wrote: »
    ..my friends clerics told me that this dont happened before of the new patch, n i trust them because with gaurnob,polearm, aoe mobs n another bosses this didnt happened before, n i did like 30 fb70 without BB interrumpted.

Happened. Many boss knocks out of BB: FB51 ones, the little guy in 39, Mantavip (although BB is not needed for theese) and the list continues....
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Actually, BB is a constantly channelled skill. It's not a single-cast one like Stream of Rejuvenation or such, but instead provides a constant healing for a constant drain of mana. So - while BB is less prone to being interrupted than normal skills, it still can and will get interrupted if you get hit by something and make a bad roll on Save Vs. Interrupt.
  • Decus - Heavens Tear
    Decus - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Not weird at all. As someone stated it can be interrupted. In fb69 this happens quite often, you mention polearm and gaurnob but they have always been intuerrupting BB. Plenty of mobs can do this, not limited to just those 2.
  • leyend
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ok thx all =) , i have asked this because in FC the BB is useless, exept with boss, ( but anyway is harder n more fun for us xP ,with aoe heal is ok) n some friends clerics told me that inusual BB interrumpted, i know now that some mobs can stop it with a chance thx to all =) .
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Not weird at all. As someone stated it can be interrupted. In fb69 this happens quite often, you mention polearm and gaurnob but they have always been intuerrupting BB. Plenty of mobs can do this, not limited to just those 2.

Why oh why are u BB-ing in fb69? A BM asked me to do that the other day when I was solo healing the tank on polearm so that he didn't have to use the occasional pot, sigh.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I always ask the venomancers to pass me a couple sparks after I started BB, just in case I get interrupted.

Off topic, I agree with Slake; I passed my cleric test only recently by healing in there (IH, Purify, AoE heal, rinse later repeat).
  • ahhao
    ahhao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    As you go to higher fbs/TTs the chance of BB being interrupted gets higher, i can only suppose its because of higher damage being done
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I always ask the venomancers to pass me a couple sparks after I started BB, just in case I get interrupted.

This ^^ And... Any Physical AoE problem can be solved with This.
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Why oh why are u BB-ing in fb69? A BM asked me to do that the other day when I was solo healing the tank on polearm so that he didn't have to use the occasional pot, sigh.....

I *loathe* this type of BM. Could I get a name? I'll stick him on no-rezz list before he's even done me any wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

It's a good thing I'm not a Cleric. I would have told him to start using shadowless kick. Then when he complained I would tell him he could just right click his weapon to unequip it before using it and that way he would save both potion and repair costs.