Arcane veno with Misty rings?

Options
Zoe - Heavens Tear
Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Venomancer
Tell me people; do you think misty rings will make enough of an impact for an arcane veno in foxform to do much damage?
Main characters
Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
Post edited by Zoe - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I hardly ever miss in foxform when I choose to use it on bosses; I think the money spent on misty rings, at least for an arcane veno, could be better spent elsewhere.

Now given, I still have a total of 30 dex from my noob days that I haven't bothered to stat out yet, but it's frankly not going to make any noticeable difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nope. I'm arcane with 3 dex, tried one on for fun before reselling, doesn't seem to make a difference.b:chuckle
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nope. I'm arcane with 3 dex, tried one on for fun before reselling, doesn't seem to make a difference.b:chuckle

Well it might be you didn't use it for long enough. Perhaps you were just lucky and hit a good percentage of the time.

I can see a misty being quite useful for someone like Kittenice, or perhaps Isala; their opinions would be interesting to hear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Misty Forest Ring stats:
    Accuracy +50%, physical attack +28, Vitality +5-6 and is very expensive if u dont have enough chip's for manufacture the mold
    Then if u want it for physical attack I think is more cheap and interesting imbue a fawless garnet shard, +25 physical attack into r weapon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    get rings with +accuracy instead. much cheaper and requires no dex to work. misty rings are great for light builds though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yeah, what he said. What's your accuracy right now? For an arcane fox, +50% of very little is still going to be very little. The minimum +accuracy for a L78 sinking star is +53. The minimum for a L88 ring of the defeated is +62. So a good version of those rings will probably do you better.
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yeah I started messing around with fox form skills. Being an arcane mage veno, my accuracy sucked and I missed a lot. I just looked around the AH and bought some might rings with accuracy stats. Add in a phys res ammy with two accuracy mods that dropped in a BH 79 run and now I have more accuracy in fox form than some barb friends of mine. Plus, it's fast and easy to switch them out for my magic rings/sky demons when I want to nuke.