Anti-KS system

Kyni - Dreamweaver
Kyni - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
well, i got this from an MMO i used to play.

but like the title said. it would be great if you can put in an anti-KS to mobs. like for example: P1 killing a mob atm and P2, who is not in the same squad as P1, tempts to attack P1's mob but receiving a message on his chat log saying "Cannot attack other player's monsters" and not being able to attack that mob.

so yea, thought i throw in this little suggestion that would help out others. not sure if someone else has thrown this in.

b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-- Current Actives --
>> Kyni // Arcane Veno // 6x Main
>> Kynsu // Pure Archer // Xx
>> Kun // Tank Barb // Xx
Post edited by Kyni - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Bad idea, mostly due to party limitations in PWI (only 6 people). Some bosses you need more than 6 people to take down. Others you need more than 6 so you take the bosses down in a timely manner.

Also, it would allow players to "reserve" cultivation bosses everyone needs and they could make you pay them for the privilige of joining their party and get your quest done.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Bad idea, mostly due to party limitations in PWI (only 6 people). Some bosses you need more than 6 people to take down. Others you need more than 6 so you take the bosses down in a timely manner.

Also, it would allow players to "reserve" cultivation bosses everyone needs and they could make you pay them for the privilige of joining their party and get your quest done.

ah but i am playing a game where there is 6 people per party but they put in an alliance system so you can take down the big bosses. i think an anti ks system would be extremely nice and i do hope that someday it gets implemented into this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It would be more nice if it was harder to accidently KS, which is easier said than done especially since half of the cause(s) is because of netlag.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Solaere - Sanctuary
    Solaere - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Personally, I like the idea of simply making the first person/party to hit the mob get all the EXP/SP/Drops. (Of course if they run, and the mob goes into retreat/quick heal mode, then it's available for anyone again).

That makes KS'ing kind of pointless (you get nothing for it), but still makes it possible to help someone out.

Just need some kind of color-indication to let you know if you have the mob or not (in case of two players attack at roughly the same time)
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I agree with Solaere.... although that would be bad for me as an archer....

But from my viewpoint sometimes i accidentally ks because i use take aim as an opener and even if i see someone else attack the mob i can't stop :( I can cancel take aim but then i can almost never stop the auto attack that immediately follows b:sad
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Disable it on bosses, duh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So if I target a mob first, start casting first, and launch a spell first - but someone else runs up and whacks it before my spell hits, I shouldn't have the right to try and outdamage them and still get credit for the kill? I don't consider that KSing, personally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    well, i got this from an MMO i used to play.

*********? b:thanks

No Anti-KS needs to be added.

You have your **** Venos that KS
    You the even more **** Venos the KS and claim it was an accident
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I wish there is really a true definition of KS in the context of PWI. But in reality the distinction is really blur, not even human can correctly identify all case of KS even with all information available, let alone a server with poor AI and overloaded with a lot more stuff to do.
  • Postman - Lost City
    Postman - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2009
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009

My veno does accidentally KS........ it's hard to both cancel a spell and call of a fast pet..... by the time you're attacking my pet is already like 2 feet away... and sometimes they just don't listen...b:surrender
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Kyni - Dreamweaver
    Kyni - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2009

wrong thread to start this kind of ****, buddy. i make sure i don't "accidently" take someone else's mob and you try to cancel casting while retreating your pet at the same time before it lands a strike. :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -- Current Actives --
    >> Kyni // Arcane Veno // 6x Main
    >> Kynsu // Pure Archer // Xx
    >> Kun // Tank Barb // Xx
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This thread reminded me of this incident, when I was still fairly new to PW...

I had to kill some Mobs for a quest and I went to this little island in the swamp, and I started to kill mobs, now there was another individual working on the island... He/she starts saying I'm KSing... ok now, I am not hitting any of the Mobs they are, I am attacking fresh ones as they respawn... then they say to me that they have been there for 5 hours and they need to be there for two more, will I just go away and stop KSing them.

That's when I started getting peeved, so I told them where to go with that... What I'm stealing the kills before they even hit 'em... really now, I suppose they thought they owned the island.

A mob would appear and I would attack, now they start trying to outdamage me and my pet... so who's KSing now... LOL

Who the heck spends 7-8 hours in one spot, unless it was for the rubstone in the center of the island...

I tortured them with my presence for 10 more minutes and left... I was going to bring in some buddies to help clear the island but decided not to.

One thing I've seen too is if you have just come from Arch and you still have the filter on, you may not even see others grinding near you in the same area.
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have seen other game trying to implement anti-ks system and believe me it's just a failure. People would still find a way to abuse the system that would be put in place.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009

No, accidental KS is far more common than deliberate KS. Even if there was no such thing as lag, it's hard to determine who's going after what and the GUI can be irresponsive sometimes especially when you're in a hurry. Also it's tricky to cancel a spell and stop a pet in time. Naturally you might think you don't 'accidentally' KS, but that's a matter of perspection.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver
    SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This has been pushed for before, bad idea. Now, on the ordinary mobs, there are enough of them to go around so it might work, but the bosses, other players will take advantage of this and start reserving, maybe, Yangsheng, and charge you for a shot at him. If they were to implement this, the game would suck. Really bad idea. Right now, credit goes to the squad or person that does the most damage. That's good enough.

KSing is a part of every MMORPG. There is no way to prevent it without severe consequences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Antlers - Heavens Tear
    Antlers - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No. Just make it to where whoever hits the monster first gets the drop + kill no matter what. I can't really see how this would be abused. If a higher level is going to waste that much time helping someone get free stuff, they could just give it to them? XP would still be lost though. KSer gets no XP at all.
    KSing is a part of every MMORPG. There is no way to prevent it without severe consequences.

You havent played WoW yet
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No. Just make it to where whoever hits the monster first gets the drop + kill no matter what. I can't really see how this would be abused.

Person A sees monster and starts channeling spell that deals high damage/slows the target for an opener.
    Person B sees monster and runs up to it and attacks before Person A finishes channeling.

Alternatively

Person A sees monster and runs towards it to try and melee.
    Person B uses a fast ranged attack (or sends a speedy pet in) before person A can hit the monster.

Alternatively

Person A sees monster and goes to attack it.
    Person B uses AoE that catches the monster Person A wanted to target in its range by mistake.

Oh, and let's not forget this one.

Person A has a low level quest that needs a boss.
    Person A goes to where boss spawns only to find Person B has already hit it and is charging people to join his/her squad in order for them to get credit on said boss.

Basically, it fixes one problem and causes a whole mess of others. If you've managed to get a monster down by 1/4 or so HP and someone else attacks, fire off enough to get it to below 50% on your own and let them do the rest of the work or you. If you and someone else start attacking a monster at about the same time, fair game and whoever does the most damage gets the kill. Most cases of KS here are accidental and the times it's on purpose, an anti-KS system would only encourage them to find ways around it or to abuse it.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If a person tried to hold a boss like that, it would be reportable.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91