lvl 70 archer weapon?

BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary
BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
ok ive read a bit and still cant decide between sling(wind and clouds lvl 69) or one of the xbows.

some ppl are saying i should go with sling but will it be good in rebirth? i have doubts that the dammage output wont be that good in terms of barraging.. wat do you think i should go with?
[SIGPIC]i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/DoT_Ending/Sigs/Evilcopy.png[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ok ive read a bit and still cant decide between sling(wind and clouds lvl 69) or one of the xbows.

some ppl are saying i should go with sling but will it be good in rebirth? i have doubts that the dammage output wont be that good in terms of barraging.. wat do you think i should go with?

Generally, Wind and the Clouds is regarded as the best PvE weapon for that range. The difference in damage between W&C and any of the TT70 crossbows is about 100 damage per arrow on average. That is, before multipliers. With multipliers, it's probably 6-7 times that. Of course, if you plan to use the W&C for a longer period of time, you would refine it to +4 or +5, which would make the damage difference about 60, for a total of 360-420ish. And if you compare the maximum possible damages, the difference is about 300, for a total of 1800-2100ish more damage with Thundercrack.

However, if you plan to PvP at "endgame", you'll still have Thundercrack as its required to get to Blinding Radiance, so you could get it at that level. Though, I don't see the point, the difference in damage is small.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    DPS of W&C is higher than TT xbow, I mean, normal shooting, nothing can compare with that DPS.
    However, DPS isnt something that has a use when you Barrage, if you like to spam skills like no tomorrow you should go with Xbow.
    I kill things b:victory
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Use Wind and Clouds as your main weapon (I'm sure you've heard of how much W and C dominates). You shouldn't be concerned with gamma yet because the chance of failing as a 7x archer is high (meaning there is no need to do RBs with an xbow at this stage). If you do try it out to gain experience, the sling would allow for RB training schemes.

RBs are better handled at the 80s levels anyway, and it would be this time where you would worry about an xbow. Enjoy the 70s with W and C for now and sort out the xbow issue at late 7x.

tl;dr - use W and C until 80 (and keep using it if you can for grinding). At 80s, you can equip a tt80 xbow or tt80 bow and start RBs.
  • Masodaf - Sanctuary
    Masodaf - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wind and Clouds in RB Gamma FTW b:victory

I used it refined to +3 in Gamma from level 78 -85, never had any complaints or problems.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I've been using +5 Sling in RB gammas no complains at all. I got my barrage to level 9 to compensate, mana burn doesn't matter to me cause my charm always ticks anyways at 7.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The thing that makes the W+C such a great weapon is the increased attack rate. That however has absolutely no effect when your using skills, i.e barrage. As for which crossbow to use, if you plan to ever do any PvP I highly recommend the thundercrack. I have a +3 Thundercrack and it works great in PvP, I've been able to one shot robes the same level as me.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • l3thalassassin
    l3thalassassin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    tl;dr - use W and C until 80 (and keep using it if you can for grinding). At 80s, you can equip a tt80 xbow or tt80 bow and start RBs.

Wait, WntC is better PvE than the lvl 80 Xbows? I wonder if this is inherent, or only with +x refines. I'm using a +3 sling atm (1 socket, G5 phys), would this be better than say a chained (PvE)?
  • boca12
    boca12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    it depends on ur opponent if we talk about pvp

for arcane opponents wc is better bcs u can use normal attacks with spark eruption.
    if u have windshield(reduce dmg on u,make ormal atacks 10% faster and add 10% evasion) and tangling mire(reduce ph def of opponent and slow him) skills on ur genie on high lvl u will do so much dmg in pvp in short period of time.
    but if ur opponent have a lot of ph def then xbow or bow is better weapon
    bcs u must use magic based skills.

for pve w&c is much better as long as u dont need aoe skills.
  • BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary
    BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ok thx all.. ill be using the sling +3-4 with 2 beautiful in it till lvl 80 (if not a bit more) thx for the help
    [SIGPIC]i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/DoT_Ending/Sigs/Evilcopy.png[/SIGPIC]