Pure Dex Build Sucks...?

2»

Comments

• Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Don't make this a BM v Archer debate, you can't win.
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Wyiana - Heavens Tear
    Wyiana - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    BMs are actually an easy target for archers will full chi, which would be the case anyways (who the hell loses chi on regular grinding mobs). Assuming they aren't stupid and actually leveled some decent skills of course.
    - Winged shell is strong enough to last through a BM's couple of stuns, just sit back and wait
    - Once you max Stunning arrow, you have to be VERY unlucky for it not to work. 3 seconds isn't much, but it's enough to get out of melee range and plan your next move
    - Which should be Aim low. Again, this is monstruous when it's maxed. The last guy I duelled stopped fighting because he thought his character glitched and got stuck. That's how long it lasts.

And then it's pretty much done, we do have a chance of losing if one of these hits miss, which is where dex and a tiny bit of luck come into play. Dex BM's are a pain, but nothing a clever prepared archer can't handle.

Nowhere did I mention the need for vit or more hp. Hybrid build can survive what, 2 extra hits? That happens pretty fast, and you're gonna die anyway if you don't do your job. Might as well do it correctly and stack up on dmg/accuracy.
  • Karmasbich - Harshlands
    Karmasbich - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You know how much my heavens flame hits? 1.1k, 2.2k with crit, 4.4 with crit + zerk
    Then my genie hits 3k.

Ok 5 vit is awesome sry

Just because you hit that much on one person doesn't mean you hit that much on everyone. Go pure dex, you can easily make up that hp sharding + refining.

P.S. Archers owned me til I got 2 mistys. xD Now I usually win. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ah BM's/Barbs with mistysb:shocked

Well I may be exaggerating a little bit. If a BM has mistys I can still usually win. I just have to be a lot more careful to make sure they don't get close. It was, BM gets closed laugh at him while stunned cause he misses 80% of attacks. But now its, Stun, kite, take aim, holy path, whatever it takes to not let him get close.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You know how much my heavens flame hits? 1.1k, 2.2k with crit, 4.4 with crit + zerk
    Then my genie hits 3k.

Ok 5 vit is awesome sry

there are 6 pieces of equipment to refine/shard for hp, up to 4 pieces of equipment to refine for pdef, 1 piece of equipment to refine for damage.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kuoleme - Sanctuary
    Kuoleme - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Then my genie hits 3k.

Ok 5 vit is awesome sry

oh yes with your pro what 6-10% crit rate xD

compared to an archer with thunder storm and over 20% crit :3

max aim low and is 8 seconds and an archer can pump out lighting strike, thunder shock and thunderous blast in 8 seconds, and prob another lightning and maybe another thunder shock while you run to them and then as soon as your close enough you get hit by a thunderstorm that has a high chance of critting, then what do you do lol
  • jspj
    jspj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    archer dex build PWNS all other builds 4 dex 1 str DONE! =P
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Lol 60 Vit?... that does so little for you in comparison to 60 Dex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kazim - Harshlands
    Kazim - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    BMs are actually an easy target for archers will full chi, which would be the case anyways (who the hell loses chi on regular grinding mobs). Assuming they aren't stupid and actually leveled some decent skills of course.
    - Winged shell is strong enough to last through a BM's couple of stuns, just sit back and wait
    - Once you max Stunning arrow, you have to be VERY unlucky for it not to work. 3 seconds isn't much, but it's enough to get out of melee range and plan your next move
    - Which should be Aim low. Again, this is monstruous when it's maxed. The last guy I duelled stopped fighting because he thought his character glitched and got stuck. That's how long it lasts.

And then it's pretty much done, we do have a chance of losing if one of these hits miss, which is where dex and a tiny bit of luck come into play. Dex BM's are a pain, but nothing a clever prepared archer can't handle.

Nowhere did I mention the need for vit or more hp. Hybrid build can survive what, 2 extra hits? That happens pretty fast, and you're gonna die anyway if you don't do your job. Might as well do it correctly and stack up on dmg/accuracy.

b:laugh a bm can just lion roar>heavens flame>genie and archer is dead and also >.> u know about the lvl 59 bm skill that make em immune from all these effects. oh and as for ur metal damage they got a new genie skill>balance and also there mage marrow so ur pretty much deadb:victory