Question for GM/mod

rangergirl
rangergirl Posts: 31 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
can u fix gold prices at 100k per gold?i dont like it when the prices rise and i dont wanna see prices go beyond 200k per gold if it gets too high no one will afford charms.

also will the no. of mysterious chips used to make TT99 mats drop? im not wasting my money now if they go down shortly in a new patch.
Post edited by rangergirl on

Comments

• Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Uhm...yeah. Good luck.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Thats like asking for the 10 days of chocolate rain in real life.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Sign me up for this please? :) lol...

Gold is determined by those who buy it, not even by those who sell it. Therefore, if you want the price of it to come down, don't buy it til its the price you want it to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kkammy
    kkammy Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Only an idiot would sell gold for less than 200k , when the coin box gives it that value EASY.
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I guess us on HT are lucky to have gold at around 160k
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2009

I thought we had heard the last about that video but it just keeps coming back. No more please b:surrender
  • Amarta - Sanctuary
    Amarta - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    rangergirl wrote: »
    I don't like it when my in-game economy works like a real economy.

Well that's a shame.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    On LC Gold prices actually went down to 150-160k but soon rose to 180k.. Kinda lame
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    rangergirl wrote: »
    can u fix gold prices at 100k per gold? i dont like it when the prices rise and i dont wanna see prices go beyond 200k per gold if it gets too high no one will afford charms.

also will the no. of mysterious chips used to make TT99 mats drop? im not wasting my money now if they go down shortly in a new patch.
    roflcakes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    roflcakes?

Indeed. xx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As said dont buy it if its above what you want to pay. I personally think a cap is bad, that would be like saying you cant charge more than $20 for a pair of jeans, so the quality goes down to meet the price they have to charge.
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Actually you can buy jeans that are quite high quality for $20 easily, however yes, a cap is impractical. If people were suddenly forced to sell their gold at a set price, the majority of them would most like pull what gold they have left from the Auction House, and never buy any gold again. This would be bad both for the players and the game, because no gold sales means no income, and no income means no game. Or in the "best" case scenario, Perfect World International would become a pay to play game like Wizards 101. And be honest, how many people do you think would continue to play if we suddenly had to pay for it? I don't know about anyone else, but I specifically chose Perfect World over games like Wizards 101 because I'm too cheap to pay for subscriptions.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If people suddenly stop selling gold because of a price cap, it only proves they were the greedy ones to begin with that want to drive prices up.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited August 2009
    That may be true, but the fact remains that people buying gold and selling it for 200,000 coins is far better than people not buying and selling any gold at all. Apart from the aforementioned reason it would be bad, there's also the simple fact that if nobody is selling gold, it won't matter what price they can charge. No gold for sale means you'd either have to make do without any gold at all, or actually buy gold from Perfect World themselves with real money, and I suspect many people who want to buy gold with coins wouldn't be willing to pay real money for gold, otherwise they would have just done so from the start.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If people suddenly stop selling gold because of a price cap, it only proves they were the greedy ones to begin with that want to drive prices up.

your such a noob, its called supply and demand

more demand, less supply prices go up

more supply less demand prices go down

lrn 2 economy
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Enjoy your sense of superiority in calling them greedy.

Of course, it won't matter if this was implemented and no gold was being sold, and you were forced to buy from PWI or the game went pay-to-play to continue to get money. Call them greedy all you want, it's economics. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • vampirevane
    vampirevane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Never tought that the war on Irak was gonna impact even the PW economy .. b:angry.
    5 Skill Slots for Pets Please ..Venos will $hare more ;)
    edited August 2009
    First, there's no K in Iraq. Second, the war in Iraq actually has very little to do with the shape of the economy in the US, and absolutely nothing to do with the economy of Perfect World.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You want proof a price cap won't change anything? Take a look at the AH right now. There already IS a price cap! It has changed nothing. A lower one still will not change anything.

Anyway, a person who is not greedy, will always sell gold for low no matter what. Only the greedy players will keep selling for higher. They even pose as buyers to try to drive prices up even further. Greedy players want high prices, players that actually worry about the game's future, keep prices low.

Remember greedy people, when you kill the game by reselling and driving up prices, you can't take it with you.b:bye
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited August 2009
    Using similar logic one can argue players who aren't greedy would just give the gold away for free, this however would be monumentally stupid, giving gold to your friends is one thing, but just handing it out to random people? One could also argue that Perfect World is being "greedy" because they charge money for gold in the first place instead of just giving us the fancy aerogear, and mounts, and other goodies for free. It's not greed, it's just intelligence. Perfect World is a free to play game, and in order to stay that way they require income of some form, that's where selling gold comes in. There are alternatives, sure, but tell me, do you really want to see billboards advertising everything from Coke, to Burger King, to male enhancement pills in your game? Or have monsters shouting "Do the Dew!" at you as they charge? Because that's pretty much the only alternative to charging for gold besides going to a pay to play model.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    rofl anotehr thread like this and inbe4lock 0.0
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You want proof a price cap won't change anything? Take a look at the AH right now. There already IS a price cap! It has changed nothing. A lower one still will not change anything.

Anyway, a person who is not greedy, will always sell gold for low no matter what. Only the greedy players will keep selling for higher. They even pose as buyers to try to drive prices up even further. Greedy players want high prices, players that actually worry about the game's future, keep prices low.

Remember greedy people, when you kill the game by reselling and driving up prices, you can't take it with you.b:bye

I'd like to own a house. Would you give me yours?

Charging money for it is greedy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Using similar logic one can argue players who aren't greedy would just give the gold away for free, this however would be monumentally stupid, giving gold to your friends is one thing, but just handing it out to random people? One could also argue that Perfect World is being "greedy" because they charge money for gold in the first place instead of just giving us the fancy aerogear, and mounts, and other goodies for free. It's not greed, it's just intelligence. Perfect World is a free to play game, and in order to stay that way they require income of some form, that's where selling gold comes in. There are alternatives, sure, but tell me, do you really want to see billboards advertising everything from Coke, to Burger King, to male enhancement pills in your game? Or have monsters shouting "Do the Dew!" at you as they charge? Because that's pretty much the only alternative to charging for gold besides going to a pay to play model.

Actually I'd love to see real life ads in this game. I think it would be quite funny. And for a monster to shout, do the dew.. that would make my day. I can see it now, you are traveling along the road from Inn of the Eagle to Etherblade and see a barrage of billboards inviting you to Choose IPOD, Verizon, and Pepsi. Blast it with a nice pic of Vin Diesels newest movie and that would be some bliss. Walking up and clicking the billboard, noting to the company you actually read it nets you 1 silver. Heck yea.. that would be awesome.

Although male enhancement would be distasteful considering 13 year olds are permitted to play the game. But the above would be awesome.

Of course they'd have to put a limit on how many times a day you could do this, otherwise it would seriously unbalance the game. But 50 clicks a day would give you 50 cents or 50 silver. That would be pretty awesome. Even 25 heck, 4 days would net you a gold.

You may just have the best idea yet ;).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    zoe is so fail people, dont talk her seriously, just point and laugh

its what ive learned to do
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]