archer type mobs

Options
kostas
kostas Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Wizard
guys i am lvl 65 pure wiz and i can really handle easily every type of mob besides archer type mobs.when i fight archer types they really tear me to pieces.i wonder if anyone knows one good spell combination to take them down without being left with 500hp.oh and plz dont tell me to switch to LA i wont.
Post edited by kostas on

Comments

• FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    always have the same problem wich make me do gush>silence>gush>pyro>shrink>gush

the bad think is they hit rly fast like melee but wiht some range...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gregen - Lost City
    Gregen - Lost City Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hows your Stone Barrier? I got that shield leveled first, in fact it's my only sheild fully maxed right now. Force of Will should prove useful, but that goes for any type really. Sandstorm, obvisouly. Keep the status affect on at all times, then I guess either fire off your quickest or most powerful attacks. If all else fails squading with other people in the area doing the same thing is a good idea.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but there's my 2 cents. I don't know how hard it is for a robe build, I'm a LA. I could have soloed my archer quests, but it was still fairly tough. I was fortunate enough to find people doing the same quests as me when I was around your level. Squading may be your best option if it's really that difficult for you.
  • Devilmages - Sanctuary
    Devilmages - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    this is always natural archers rule over mages. you try to silence them they still get a hit in unless your superman theres no way to get thru archer mobs fast wihtout being hit or severly wounded
    i like pie
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You could skip the quests, the archer mobs that annoy me are the towers.

One option is to stay close to them(Even archer mobs get half damage at close range), but you will prolly get hit a few times.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    most archer(players) die in two hits.. or one if you poison.

• Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ehh, this is completely irrelevant... but all of you wizards plotting how to kill archer mobs... makes me a little nervous b:cry
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ehh, this is completely irrelevant... but all of you wizards plotting how to kill archer mobs... makes me a little nervous b:cry

oh noes he's on to our secret evil plan!
    im a robe wizard and archer mobs hurt like heck. (>.<) i strongly suggest squading up. let a bm, barb, or veno pet take the damage! =D but if you cant find a bm/barb/veno. and your stuck with another wizard you can still synchronize your strongest slowest casting spell like sandstorm and then gush right after pretty much killing the mob before it gets a chance to get a shot off. =p (unless your combined damage is just not strong enough happened once xD since i was with a LA wizard a few levels below me who for some reason was hording all his spirit so his his spells were non existent other then gush...)b:shocked he must have some sort of evil plan me am not aware of. (O.o)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AzureDragon - Harshlands
    AzureDragon - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Your range is probably much greater, so kiting with gush works just fine. It's a little annoying to go back to what we did in the 20-30s but it works.
  • kostas
    kostas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    thnx guys for advice but i understand that there is no other option for a wiz besides squading.however lemme ask this one:do hailstorm, crown of fire and pitfall help in any means with archer type mobs? i ask cause i have never upgraded them and i never use them
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You could skip the quests, the archer mobs that annoy me are the towers.

One option is to stay close to them(Even archer mobs get half damage at close range), but you will prolly get hit a few times.

can u explain me this?
    most archer(players) die in two hits.. or one if you poison.

i 2 hit a archer wiht sutra gush>SR

he was lv64 and i was lv62 b:chuckle and him gear was teh normal 1 like mine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    kostas wrote: »
    guys i am lvl 65 pure wiz and i can really handle easily every type of mob besides archer type mobs.when i fight archer types they really tear me to pieces.
    1. If you don't have at least 2k def (with earth shield) on 65, you fail. Care more about your equipment.
    2. Do NOT kite archer mobs. Get as close to them as possible. They do 1/2 damage on close range and they try to kite you. If slowed down with gush, they will hit you only for once or twice. My usual combo was like gush (mob running to me) - blink (mob is close and either running from me or hitting like nothing) - gush - pyro - gush. Exact combo depends on mob's elemental weakness and its HP. Real pain in the **** are tower-like mobs that can't move. You must tank their damage, and for pure wiz with low def it can be quite hard or even impossible to solo.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Someone asked to explain so,

Archers(Both player and mob) get a 50% damage reduction when your within melee range. Slowing the mob and chasing it repeatedly can help, though I never needed to myself. Only mobs I ever did this on were RB archer mobs in happy valley and 'Tower' type mobs.

• Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
    Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    kostas wrote: »
    guys i am lvl 65 pure wiz and i can really handle easily every type of mob besides archer type mobs.when i fight archer types they really tear me to pieces.i wonder if anyone knows one good spell combination to take them down without being left with 500hp.oh and plz dont tell me to switch to LA i wont.

Wait a few levels until you're higher. That's what I do. Also, blink and run into them. In a certain radius their attack is cut. Here's what I do:
    1. Attack at the edge of my range and continue to attack until the archer is in range.
    2. Distance Shrink close to them and attack while they run (normally you'll just have time to throw in a Gush), when you see them turn around, Phoenix them so they're knocked back out of their range and attack.
    3. Repeat
    If you need to, use Force of Will to get them off you, and Sutra-heal if you need to.
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Someone asked to explain so,

Archers(Both player and mob) get a 50% damage reduction when your within melee range. Slowing the mob and chasing it repeatedly can help, though I never needed to myself. Only mobs I ever did this on were RB archer mobs in happy valley and 'Tower' type mobs.

nice...i never noticed that. b:victory
    btw whats the min range where they get 50% dmg red
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    5 meters is for us archers normally XD
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
    edited August 2009
    Options
    5 meters is for us archers normally XD

wow u was rly fast like what 1min or less...^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    but if you cant find a bm/barb/veno

lol again who squads with wizards xD?sry lol but its true <.< kinda

i only squaded like with wizards like.....1 time in each area xD swamp 1 time.....tusk towm 1 time....etc etc
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ...umm Wizards kill fast as hell in squads, not a lot of classes can hit 50% of a mobs hp with one hit. Our ability to kill without being touched extends to other classes, FoW and WoP are good at saving hp charm.

In PvP running close to an archer is risky, Wingspan(pillar of light looking thing) destroys robe users.

• BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ...umm Wizards kill fast as hell in squads, not a lot of classes can hit 50% of a mobs hp with one hit.

In PvP running close to an archer is risky, Wingspan(pillar of light looking thing) destroys robe users.

Ill rather tank that then take full damage at max range to be honest.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My usual tactic is Fortify(resist stun), undine, gush, FoW, Poisoned sandstorm. Typically works for non-godly geared archers. If things get too risky, shrink/holy path out of range, let charm recover and try to kill with nuke just above charm-ticking point.

• Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Take a tank on those quests, derrrrrrrrrr.