What pets are good and what wolves are good?

rayne36
rayne36 Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Venomancer
I've read a lot about the pets and what's good, what has good stats and everything, but nothing seems to specific. I looked at that list of top 10's someone posted but it also seems pretty subjective.

I'm wondering what pets IN SPECIFIC, are considered very good to use through the whole game.

Also, what wolf pets are considered worth using and how they compare to other non-wolf pets. I like wolves, but what I don't want to have something that won't be worth my time to use if something else is better.

Please help!
Post edited by rayne36 on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Read the sticky about pets. It kind of gives you a overview of the pets.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • rayne36
    rayne36 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I read both the threads you guys mentioned but it seemed pretty arbitrary and subjective. Especially with the top 10's. The wolves weren't mentioned much, so I'm guessing they are just average pets?

As for the sawfly/foxwing debate, it seems they are about even. It just depends on whether your patient to build something up or have a lot of money to spend on teaching good abilities.

Are there any other pets not mentioned on those top 10 lists that are considered good, like the fire golems? Or are those top 10's just considered among the best in the game?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    rayne36 wrote: »
    I read both the threads you guys mentioned but it seemed pretty arbitrary and subjective. Especially with the top 10's. The wolves weren't mentioned much, so I'm guessing they are just average pets?

As for the sawfly/foxwing debate, it seems they are about even. It just depends on whether your patient to build something up or have a lot of money to spend on teaching good abilities.

Are there any other pets not mentioned on those top 10 lists that are considered good, like the fire golems? Or are those top 10's just considered among the best in the game?

One thing not on that list would be ranged pets. tweakz linked you to that thread.

90% of the posts in this board are about pets, so yes, any thought of top pets has to be somewhat subjective. If you look at regular pets, look at physical tanks. The numbers show CMag is the best, however, a few people hate its size and how it looks, so they will choose to use a different pet, that works for them, pretty much, just as well.

You will be spending alot of time with your pets, so, in addition to the stats, make sure you like to work with your pet, since it is supposed to be fun, and for most of the game content, any pet will work out.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I haven't played with wolves much, but they're comparable in stats to the Eldergoth Marksman I have that I'm very fond of. Not just for it's ranged ability, but because it has well rounded stats. Unlike a Kowlin I can send it in without hesitation more often, and have one on one's killed as fast. No worries about phys vs magic or mixed either. I wrote a thread about how trading up wolves may be a good path to getting legendary pets by saving coin. Here's a site that you can use to figure out the skills and growth charts they come with: http://snowbloom.110mb.com/pi.htm
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.