heavy armor cleric??

Options
kostas
kostas Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Cleric
guys i wonder if there is a posibility to make heavy armor cleric.i wanna make a paladin-like character. i really wanna know if this is gonna work on later lvls or if its gonna be a waste of time.
Post edited by kostas on

Comments

• ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately, due to the amount of STR required to wear HA at later levels, you would be unable to equip your level magic weapon, and wear HA,
    and the fact that Resistances are balanced, IE
    HA -> Weak against Magic
    LA-> Somewhere in between (probably your best bet) for a "battle" cleric that can handle physical damage.
    Arcane-> Weak against physical damage

Note: Also Clerics can NOT cast while wielding any weapon but a magic one, there ARE magic swords, but using a regular sword or a hammer, etc. will make it so you can't cast spells, i.e.: **** you over.

Even if you could wear HA you would have such low HP that a magic user would cut through you. (Low HP because you would never be able to allocate VIT because of Str Req for armor and Mag req for weapon.)

Stick to either
    This is stat allocation every two levels:

Robe - (1-2) Str - 2 vit - (6-7) Mag
    (Either 7 mag and 1 Str or 6 mag and 2 str depending on current level's Arcane Robe Str requirements.)

LA - 2 Str - 2 Dex - 6 Mag.
    -No room for error in stat allocation, get hp from +hp items and citrine shards in everything, although refining and sharding should be done IMO lvl 60+, -When you get gear that you will use for 10+ levels later on that have +Str or +Dex, you can stop putting into either one and just add more mag, to make up for lost points compared to a vit arcane.

Hope that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    its considered a fail build, but its a game, if you have fun with it good for you. But tbh it won't work too well. Cleric's are a mage/healing class, and with all of your stats in str and dex there wont be a lot of room for points to be added to Mag. Your spells and heals will be really weak.
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Heavy armor for a cleric only has potential of working for very high levels, >90.

At this point it's possible to have enough stat+ gear to equip both heavy armor and your level of magic wep, as such you would have the same healing power of a light armor cleric.

Also the hp issue is somewhat balanced by the fact that heavy armor has higher refine bonus. For this to be segnificant it would require gear with greater than +6 refinement.

In any case it's a discouraged build because unless you really know what you're doing it wont ever come close to working.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Heavy armor for a cleric only has potential of working for very high levels, >90.

At this point it's possible to have enough stat+ gear to equip both heavy armor and your level of magic wep, as such you would have the same healing power of a light armor cleric.

Also the hp issue is somewhat balanced by the fact that heavy armor has higher refine bonus. For this to be segnificant it would require gear with greater than +6 refinement.

In any case it's a discouraged build because unless you really know what you're doing it wont ever come close to working.

^this

Saved me the trouble of typing that up :D
    b:dirty
  • Ephemerra - Heavens Tear
    Ephemerra - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    why not roll a Blademaster then? -__-

I think that once I saw a cleric or archer with dual blades. I...er, nevermind.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    o.O I've never seen a cleric with that build but.... Wouldn't really recommend it b:sweat But it is your choice lol (and money if you decide to switch b:cute) but yeah.... <.< I don't have a build right now personally (my stats are a mess...........) but I wouldn't do that lol... I have my bm for that! b:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    1 dex 3 str 1 mag
    5 mag

i think thats the HA build
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I would want atleast 1 point in vit.I would do it at every 2 lvls.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Mysti.........
    b:dirty
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lolz @ mysti
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:chuckleindeed for above post
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    1 dex 3 str 1 mag
    5 mag

i think thats the HA build

There is no proper stat distribution for heavy armor + magical weapon because it isn't possible to have both at your level by just using base stats.

The minimum requirment of stats per level to use your level of heavy armor is:
    2.5 strength
    0.5 dexterity

The minimum requirment of stats per level to use your level of magical weapon is:
    3 magic
    0.5 strength

So you need 6 stat points per level and you only get 5.

As such this can only work with gear with lots of +stats in which case your stat distribution would depend on what stats your gear gives you.
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The only ones I have seen have TT99 weapon and HH90 HA and a high lvled tome, so that would give a few more stat points to work with. But still... its a bit weird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    As for how viable this build is, just check the Heavy/Robe stuff in the veno section, as you'll basically have to do the same thing in terms of gear.

Good for overall survival, but costly and very easy to **** up if you do things wrong. I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you're very experienced or very rich.

With that out of the way,
    lolz @ mysti
    I second this.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That IS a restat build being Magic damage is MUCH lower than Light builds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I accounted for the over lap:

2.5 strength + 0.5 dexterity + 3 magic = 6 stat points needed per level

I don't see how you came up with 5.5 unless you didn't check the math and just assumed I was wrong.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Disregard my bad math, then. Seems I should have made sure I was fully awake before responding.
  • link400
    link400 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ok so im kinda noobish and i have a level 14 barb and i have about 6k spirit but when i go to try to get more skills it says i dont have enough spirit when i t says it requires about 2k spirit what do i do????? these are basic skills like true form