How Do You Give Your Genie Skills

Adannedhel - Sanctuary
Adannedhel - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
I tried but i cant get my genie new skills help, sos please help dien genie over HERE no wrong way look yes good now HELP!!!!!!!

genie-b:faint
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and there was adannedhel whom the elves said could not be slain except by mishap or arrow from afar,and became mighty among men and elves

-Silmarillion

Comments

• Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You go to the watcher of the earth

Pick the 'Learn genie skill' option

Then with your genie unequipped drag it into the box, from then the skills you have the right affinity for will appear bright (Able to learn), whilst the ones you don't have the required affinity level will be dull (Not able to learn).

Any skills not able to be learnt due to the genie level will not be shown
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Genies can learn skills depending on which elemental attributes you have given them (done by right clicking on the genie avatar and selecting "affinity".

I'd suggest you decide on which skills you are interested in learning before going to learn the skills themself. They are listed under the "skill enquiry" tab, once you are in "affinity".

Once you have decided on the skills you want to learn, assign your affinity attributes to the relevant elements. You gain one affinity per 5 genie levels. Once your genie is set to go, go to the watcher of the earth and "learn skill". Find the skills you want to learn and click on them.

Remember, you will need a certain amount of energy to use some skills, so ensure you have enough VIT in your genie build to cover it. Some skills can only be learnt once your genie has reached a certain level, so you may need to wait until you get it there.

Also, skills require skill points, but not coins to level. So make sure you have some skill points to spare.

My opinion is that genies are not really worth investing into until you reach 50 or 60+, as you will have got your skills to a fairly decent stage by then and should have a few spare skill points. Also, it's harder to level a genie at lower levels as the exp:genie exp ratio is fairly low and spare skill points are few.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com