New Update And Gold Yay

Unreal_God - Harshlands
Unreal_God - Harshlands Posts: 86 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
The new updates r Awsome!!!!!!! finally the gold prices will go dwn thnx for ending the sales im so happy!!!!!!! i can finally make money again wooooot b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
Post edited by Unreal_God - Harshlands on

Comments

• Misc - Heavens Tear
    Misc - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Dont get too happy just yet, the coin boxes from the cube and rebirth are still around.
  • XFIienx - Heavens Tear
    XFIienx - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Don't scream victory yet...b:surrender
    ~ Yesterday is history, Today is a gift, Tomorrow is mystery ~
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    They actually rose more....
    I kill things b:victory
  • Unreal_God - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    how come????????????
    edited August 2009
    i say give it 2 days and they will setlle again ^^
  • XFIienx - Heavens Tear
    XFIienx - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    at 300k rate? or why not skipp that and settle it at 500K right?b:angry
    ~ Yesterday is history, Today is a gift, Tomorrow is mystery ~
    edited August 2009
    well on harshands u can get ur gold 180k a piece lol

sounds like u guys got it bad
  • ahhao
    ahhao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Just logged on and i somehow dont see gold prices dropping....or am i missing something?
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    with golds at 240k a panther is aniway too expensive <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    First you need to wait all the 'i must have' buyers to get their little horsies. After they get their mounts, price should drop after. Problem is, like already mentioned, 1M hammer chests wont allow gold to drop to what it used to be ever again. 100~120k per gold? Sorry, that wont ever happen again. We'll just have to get used to it or bother the GMs enough so they remove the 1M hammer chest from the game so the market can be free again.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol, it takes more than 1 mil to buy a hammer to open a 1 mil box.b:chuckle
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    201 highest buy, 227 lowest sell.

So it's gone done a fair whack from the jolly sale, but still hasn't hit the expected equilibrium point of boxes. Or just possibly the jolly sellers are cashing in and buying a pile of horses.

Again. If gold is above 190, then the cube/rebirth boxes are worthless.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    See the problem is the sales did not stop. PWI let out another sale (horses) which continues to drive demand. Until they stop doing things like that, say have just one week without sales, we won't see the cost of gold go down. And by "sales" i mean reduced price items AND new item releases. These both spike demand and effect gold prices. Now I don't think that anything released is spectacular enough to get gold to rise up more, I doubt it will lower.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Horses aren't a sale. That's a permanent price reduction. The only sale is spurs which frankly, have limited appeal. It's an item you can put on each mount once. It's not like the last several sales where you're buying consumable items that people would stockpile to save coin in the future.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Brael - Not sure if your post was meant as a response to me, but I clearly define what I mean by "sale". Not necessarily that something goes for a lower price, but also that new items are added. Any time new items are added you know there is a crowd of "must haves" and it creates a bigger demand for gold to buy them. While the horse may not technically be "new" because you could obtain them from DQ they were rare and now that they are obtainable they will create that demand. Also mount price reduction creates immediate fervor for them despite the fact that it's a permanent reduction. Since there is a ton of in game coin out there it's no big deal for people to buy gold at inflated prices. I saw on another post someone say "I bought gold for 225k and it was worth it" Yikes!!! Some people have more then enough coin to blow. They'll be the impulse buyers when new items hit the market or sales happen and they'll drive the price of gold up.

These are the problems that cause gold to rise. They have been pointed out using the principles of Economics 101 to the GMs yet they continue with them. I am a cash shop user so you'd think that it is counter intuitive for me to want gold prices to lower, but I'd rather have more people in game willing to buy gold when I want to sell it then only a few people who are willing to pay more. More people in game means a better gaming experience overall and more revenue for PWI which helps them fund REAL maintenance updates and development.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Fact -Gold prices have fallen.

Thoughts - With the new CS items gold prices will hold at higher then what is going to be the norm price. But they will fall, I project within a few days. Maybe rise up a little as supply and demand is established.

It is true that the 1mil boxes will continue to influence Gold. I do not foresee a return to 105k-120k Gold prices. I think that with the boxes out and all the mounts reduced Gold will most likely hold around 145k-165k +/- 10k.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imogeneko
    imogeneko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Don't forget we have a permanent bounty hunter daily that practically raised mat prices from 2.5k to 4k a peice for FB69.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    That was me. It's not "More than enough coin to blow" it's just... trading one set of pixels for a different prettier set.

I've got 4k coins left now. But I have a shiny firebird.

I could have waited, and gambled that gold hit a nice low before pet packs were on sale.

But this way I get to play with a firebird, rather than play without one. So yes, worth it to me.

My guess at stabilised prices is a bit higher than that. In fact, I'm not going to bet that they will fall down to a point where gold boxes are relevant at all.

At least since I've started playing there has only been two weeks where there hasn't been something worthwhile on sale cheap. I think that pressure will keep prices up.

Frankly, I think "Ok, how the heck does this stupid auction work?" is a bigger barrier to new players buying gold than the coin price is.

Edit: Also, people wining dungeons? You are silly people. I do not understand you. You are paying coins to avoid playing the game? Bounty hunter is great! It means I get to do multiple FB runs each day, with guildmates, rather than the answer to "What are we doing tonight?" being "Nope, nothing much."
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    After all sales they should put zen in sale which would maybe lower the gold prices.

maybe..
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Since there is a ton of in game coin out there it's no big deal for people to buy gold at inflated prices. I saw on another post someone say "I bought gold for 225k and it was worth it" Yikes!!! Some people have more then enough coin to blow. They'll be the impulse buyers when new items hit the market or sales happen and they'll drive the price of gold up.

What that person was likely getting at with 225k gold being worth it, was that there was still profit. Prices on Jolly items were determined by the gold market, those who were paying coins for gold weren't paying 225k, they were basically being given 155k for every gold they grabbed. That profit margin would be more or less the same (I think it was about 45k per pack, I could work it out again if necessary) regardless of if gold were 100k, 200k, or even 400k as long as people were buying the items. The result is that the costs of that high gold don't hit the person running a cat shop, they hit the person buying from that shop.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    What that person was likely getting at with 225k gold being worth it, was that there was still profit. Prices on Jolly items were determined by the gold market, those who were paying coins for gold weren't paying 225k, they were basically being given 155k for every gold they grabbed. That profit margin would be more or less the same (I think it was about 45k per pack, I could work it out again if necessary) regardless of if gold were 100k, 200k, or even 400k as long as people were buying the items. The result is that the costs of that high gold don't hit the person running a cat shop, they hit the person buying from that shop.

Nope, I didn't play the Jolly catshop game at all. It would have been worth it, but I didn't have the seed capital. Having spent it buy feathers. Gold price shot up as I bought the last few, but it was still worth it, for me. Nothing more annoying than missing sixty-odd feathers. (And the sale had pushed the prices in catshops through the roof, too. Way too much demand for them.)

(Oh, I did play the jollly game slightly, I bought some lovely cheap shards.)

I have 4k in coins left, now. I can't even afford to use the illusion stone this evening!

But... shiny shiny bird of fire. "Worth" is a local concept. Especially when trading one type of pixels for another.
    edited August 2009
    well i gtg be honest im glad im on harshlands atm cus our gold prices r know as low as low 160k a peice lol ^^