Who killed Perfect World?

WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Heh...

I just noticed this post from this morning:
Coin boxes worthless? Agreed....

insanegoldprices.jpg

Much discussion follows. My favourite comment on the image comes from my favourite forum personality, Zoe:
Notice how people are stupid enough to actually pay 180k+ per gold in the first place?

Well, guess who's responsible?

My EVIL GIRLFRIEND, at 11:12:53am this morning:

beforek.jpg

My EVIL GIRLFRIEND, 6 seconds later:

afterhqg.jpg

See? I told you all that she's evil. She made Sanctuary Gold prices jump from 190k to 720k, thus killing Perfect World (well, for about an hour anyway, until Gold prices recovered back down to 190k).

But, hey, at least she's filthy rich thanks to Jolly Old Jones!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
Post edited by WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    conquerorc
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lolz, im pretty sure they were just noobish and thought it was the price for ALL the gold sold, and not just 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Qwin - Sanctuary
    Qwin - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well it's official I quit and it's all EVIL GIRLFRIEND'S fault.

I hate to be the one to break it to you but your dating a super villain but I'm guessing you already knew that.
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't get how the PW economy works.... I really don't..... I hope someone can explain it to me one day... b:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lolwut? Sanctuary died a while ago. You know, when all the good, original members, left. All that remains, really, are a bunch of tardlets.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lolwut? Sanctuary died a while ago. You know, when all the good, original members, left. All that remains, really, are a bunch of tardlets.

and u stayed too? b:chuckle oh i knew itb:chuckle
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, we already know you are doing everything in your power to kill off the game. What are you going to do with all the coins once you do? You can't take them with you to another game.

Do you think being rich in a game actually means something? It doesn't

Do you think being rich in a game helps you in real life? It doesn't.

Why do you think it does?
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Well it's official I quit and it's all EVIL GIRLFRIEND'S fault.

I hate to be the one to break it to you but your dating a super villain but I'm guessing you already knew that.
    Oh crud. Now I'll never get those 100 Spring Packs you owe me! b:cry

She got a PM from Tark about 20 minutes later, btw, going, "omg! Have you seen Gold prices?!?" Poor guy was just trying to convert the night's cat-shop sales back into Gold.

I think what I learned from this is that a large portion of the players who were/are doing the Jolly Jones thing tend to get up at around 10am to noonish on the weekends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, we already know you are doing everything in your power to kill off the game. What are you going to do with all the coins once you do? You can't take them with you to another game.

It buys me a bunch of in-game stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Heh...

My EVIL GIRLFRIEND, 6 seconds later:

Your GF sucksb:victory
  • Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary
    Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Your GF sucksb:victory

and she's good at it, too. b:kiss
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That girl is PURE EVIL b:cute
    Quit.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Your GF is a super Villian?

All the movies I have watched super Villian Women are hot, you are one lucky guy. b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Eh i'm confused here,what...,Warren, you like posting your GF's stupidity for all to see?

Ok grats on having a stupid GF,whatever floats your boat.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Because maybe now my mother will finally love me b:cry
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ok grats on having a stupid GF,whatever floats your boat.

How dare u

Read his other posts and you'll find out that she is secretly a criminal mastermind! b:shocked

Stupid? I beg to differ b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ugh, girlfriend want a cookie?
    b:dirty
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009

At least he does not need to grind for crazy stone coins. and he can afford stuffs most other players can not afford. I call them smart players.b:victory

I will be hated.b:cry
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You are all wrong, sirs! (I say just sirs because everyone knows there are no women on the internet)

Me and my Sauce Faces killed Perfect World! More specifically, the Epic-QQ-Missile-Face blowded-ded it all up!

I'MA FIRIN' MAH QQ-MISSLE!!

ಢ_ಢೂ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Antaury - Dreamweaver
    Antaury - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wow thanks god im ****.
    edited August 2009
    Or...are you...?

*Twilight Zone music*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    See? I told you all that she's evil. She made Sanctuary Gold prices jump from 190k to 720k, thus killing Perfect World (well, for about an hour anyway, until Gold prices recovered back down to 190k).

How did that make gold prices jump? Notice what buyers are paying? That part didn't change. She made gold prices jump from 195k to... 187k. The person with 181 buys at 185.1k arguably did more damage to your gold prices, as that simply makes everyone bid over 185.1 because they don't want to wait around.

If your GF was really trying to mess up prices, she would then put 50 buy orders at 250, 50 at 250.5, 50 at 251, 50 at 255, and 200 at 260. That would cause people to start bidding at 260.1 and above. Once there's a healthy amount of gold over 260, the buys put in under that could be retracted, and you pay nothing more than the listing fee which would come to 2,046,500 coin and require 102,325,000 in seed money in addition to what it would take to buy up the gold people had for sale. At this point you could sell the 27 gold that you purchased, to people that placed buy orders, at 260.1+ each, for 6762600 coin, which would put you about a million short of what you spent to buy all the gold plus the listing fees. If you bought up gold at a couple points over a day or two you could turn a profit and actually damage the economy pretty bad. All you did in those screenshots though is waste coin.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    How did that make gold prices jump? Notice what buyers are paying? That part didn't change. She made gold prices jump from 195k to... 187k. The person with 181 buys at 185.1k arguably did more damage to your gold prices, as that simply makes everyone bid over 185.1 because they don't want to wait around.

If your GF was really trying to mess up prices, she would then put 50 buy orders at 250, 50 at 250.5, 50 at 251, 50 at 255, and 200 at 260. That would cause people to start bidding at 260.1 and above. Once there's a healthy amount of gold over 260, the buys put in under that could be retracted, and you pay nothing more than the listing fee which would come to 2,046,500 coin and require 102,325,000 in seed money in addition to what it would take to buy up the gold people had for sale. At this point you could sell the 27 gold that you purchased, to people that placed buy orders, at 260.1+ each, for 6762600 coin, which would put you about a million short of what you spent to buy all the gold plus the listing fees. If you bought up gold at a couple points over a day or two you could turn a profit and actually damage the economy pretty bad. All you did in those screenshots though is waste coin.

...Way to overthink a joke >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited August 2009

Wow...someone doesn't know a joke when they see one...

WHY SO SERIOUS?! CH00b?!

b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Gold for 190k?

Lucky
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Is this girlfirend even real? I've noticed you consistently post about her and while it is fun as a running joke, the fact that her identity is never mentioned does make me wonder... is this like a Tyler Durden thing? Is there like a PW fight club? Aren't people that hang around Pking in SP kinda lame?

She sounds too good to be true, which does remind me of another great movie, you know, the one with Forest Whitaker and Stephen Rea.
  • Trayous - Sanctuary
    Trayous - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Let the guy have fun im sure you had an imaginary frien when you was little b:chuckle
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Let the guy have fun im sure you had an imaginary frien when you was little b:chuckle

The joke would had been even funnier if she had rigged ALL the BUY orders to 900k, not the irrelevant sell orders....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Xarfox b:laugh b:bye
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Philly - Harshlands
    Philly - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Is this girlfirend even real? I've noticed you consistently post about her and while it is fun as a running joke, the fact that her identity is never mentioned does make me wonder... is this like a Tyler Durden thing? Is there like a PW fight club? Aren't people that hang around Pking in SP kinda lame?

She sounds too good to be true, which does remind me of another great movie, you know, the one with Forest Whitaker and Stephen Rea.

2 good 2 be true she called a hit on him and sold gold at 900k is that good?

i guess if she was amazing in bed...