LA Vs. Arcane Pros and Cons...

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Then stop talking about Wizards.Leave Archer out as it is going off topic.

mizu feel you r wizard hater b:sad
    i love my wizzy b:pleased
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Pharaoh - Lost City
    Pharaoh - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lol ya i do remember and i remember i had no dolls and u had transend with u lol that was funny

oh and u r full bound without pk pots...b:bye
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    roll arcane if you want to pve and pvp. if you go LA you can't kill anything in pvp...unless they are really lower lvl. Robe doesn't mean you are easier to kill either. It will cost you money but you can increase your pdef to about 80% of what an LA would have but still have alot more attacking power. Also being killed by meelee is a problem LA cleric have too and not just robe. If you turn on plume shell they can't 1 shot you unless your gear is ****. If it is **** then you can't survive as LA anyway. ... And who ever said you have to stand in one place for bm or barb to kill you? use your genie, speed pills, vacuity powder, etc..

Here is a basic rule you follow: Plume shell lasts 20 seconds so for that time you best be able to kill them or be ready to run for it. If you can't kill them in 15 seconds...you can't kill them anyway. Make sure you have mp charm on when using plume shell.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    roll arcane if you want to pve and pvp. if you go LA you can't kill anything in pvp...unless they are really lower lvl. Robe doesn't mean you are easier to kill either. It will cost you money but you can increase your pdef to about 80% of what an LA would have but still have alot more attacking power. Also being killed by meelee is a problem LA cleric have too and not just robe. If you turn on plume shell they can't 1 shot you unless your gear is ****. If it is **** then you can't survive as LA anyway. ... And who ever said you have to stand in one place for bm or barb to kill you? use your genie, speed pills, vacuity powder, etc..

Here is a basic rule you follow: Plume shell lasts 20 seconds so for that time you best be able to kill them or be ready to run for it. If you can't kill them in 15 seconds...you can't kill them anyway. Make sure you have mp charm on when using plume shell.

LA can pvp just fine with crappy gears
    pure needs uncrappy gear

guess you can say LA is the lazy way
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2009

//quote at all

I remember something read on Cayeon's guide about pvp vs BMs... If u have the great M.Atk of a Full MAG or so (9mag or 8mag for 2 lvl, that in higher lvls make MUCH difference from the at least 6 MAG of LA if not 5 MAG) u can hope to end the pvp with a sleep/elemental seal/spark/wield thunder/cyclone (no BM can do anything against a 2shot like that) or also sleep/elemenral seal/tempest/cyclone (moreless the same).

If you have the M.Atk of a LA build (if i am not wrong 75% of the maximum potential) calculating the decreased % of the bonuses of adv spark eruptions/elemental seal (if u have a lower m atk u also get less bonus from those) you will probably need more hit to kill the BM -> BM comes melee -> BM stuns and interrupts casts (even if you have plume shell, it doesnt make you avoid these) -> cleric dies.

Mine is opinion of noob that isnt really expertised in PW's pvp... But this seems to me the base of the strategy to use agains BM class in 1 vs 1.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    //quote at all

I remember something read on Cayeon's guide about pvp vs BMs... If u have the great M.Atk of a Full MAG or so (9mag or 8mag for 2 lvl, that in higher lvls make MUCH difference from the at least 6 MAG of LA if not 5 MAG) u can hope to end the pvp with a sleep/elemental seal/spark/wield thunder/cyclone (no BM can do anything against a 2shot like that) or also sleep/elemenral seal/tempest/cyclone (moreless the same).

If you have the M.Atk of a LA build (if i am not wrong 75% of the maximum potential) calculating the decreased % of the bonuses of adv spark eruptions/elemental seal (if u have a lower m atk u also get less bonus from those) you will probably need more hit to kill the BM -> BM comes melee -> BM stuns and interrupts casts (even if you have plume shell, it doesnt make you avoid these) -> cleric dies.

Mine is opinion of noob that isnt really expertised in PW's pvp... But this seems to me the base of the strategy to use agains BM class in 1 vs 1.

i can 3 shot a BM my level
    doing 2k per hit hurts b:cute
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    i can 3 shot a BM my level
    doing 2k per hit hurts b:cute

When you will make a LA Cleric instead a LA Wizard i'll be interested in your opinions... lol
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    When you will make a LA Cleric instead a LA Wizard i'll be interested in your opinions... lol

Shows how much you know, you're too clueless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Magic marrow.
    b:dirty
  • kylarty
    kylarty Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Shows how much you know, you're too clueless.

Do you think we can fully compare the dmgs a wizard can deal with cleric's? I see that's just obvious that a LA Wizard can make more damages than a LA Cleric. I believe Cleric can be very good DD, but not like Wizards (this doesn't mean Clerics can't OWN).
  • Ephemerra - Heavens Tear
    Ephemerra - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Arcane is the way to go :[
    I started on Light, because I was a n00b and the n00b who was helping me insisted that I used light, so I have 10 something in DEX, argh so frustrating! I went Arcane afterwards (post dreaming stronghold, and pre-archosaur days), aiming for the hybrid build. I still have trouble questing alone sometimes, but I think since a Cleric's skills are dependant on MAG (the oh-so important heals and attacks), it's better to go for Arcane.

I still experiment with my build. I'd say that my MAG and VIT are about the same, and my STR is decent.

and a LA Cleric helped me kill taurocs once (these **** hit hard and I have trouble killing them), she was pretty tough and owned the buggers real fast, but I'm not changing.

In another game, I use two sets of armor; robes and chain.
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ill say it again, LA is a good and viable cleric build, just not pre-6x (maybe 7x).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    kylarty wrote: »
    Do you think we can fully compare the dmgs a wizard can deal with cleric's? I see that's just obvious that a LA Wizard can make more damages than a LA Cleric. I believe Cleric can be very good DD, but not like Wizards (this doesn't mean Clerics can't OWN).

good points
    wizards do waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more damage than clerics and we have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more nukes
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    good points
    wizards do waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more damage than clerics and we have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more nukes

I'm in accord to the many more nukes, not at all to the maaany more damages (not until 90s at least). U agree, so u agree also to my sentence:

"The fact that a LA wizard can deal a lot of dmgs doesnt mean that also a LA cleric can". So play a LA cleric before to say that is great and that deals a lot of dmgs.

PS i am hating this thread :P
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    wizards are nothing special i managed to beat a mage 12 levels higher than me so im failing to see their awesome-ness and ive beat alot of other mages to ^^
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    wizards are nothing special i managed to beat a mage 12 levels higher than me so im failing to see their awesome-ness and ive beat alot of other mages to ^^

That's because the only thing wizards have are more redundant skills, which are just that, redundant. The "waaaaaaaaaaaaay more nukes" wizards have are also redundant. Clerics have Tempest, one nuke pwns all. Not to mention physical attack skills, which wreck havoc on robes, such as wizards.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    That's because the only thing wizards have are more redundant skills, which are just that, redundant. The "waaaaaaaaaaaaay more nukes" wizards have are also redundant. Clerics have Tempest, one nuke pwns all. Not to mention physical attack skills, which wreck havoc on robes, such as wizards.

It is also obvious that under 90s only the noobest arcane cleric can lose with an arcane wizard... We can sleep/freeze/debuff and plume/razor hit the wizards weak point (p.def), making them generally 2shot char, while they can just spam their "redundant" nukes that makes incredibly low dmgs on robe.

Sorry for the obviously content of this post...
  • Miss_Jevith - Lost City
    Miss_Jevith - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    But really wasting on hibrids 1 vit point to get 10 hp per 2 lvls is worth against damage done with that stat poing on magic?. I think that a higher lvls this damage done counts.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    But really wasting on hibrids 1 vit point to get 10 hp per 2 lvls is worth against damage done with that stat poing on magic?. I think that a higher lvls this damage done counts.

Way to necro >_>

And no, its not wasting. Adding even a bit of hp over your main stat points saves you from spending millions on refine and shards.
    b:dirty
  • Pr___johnny - Sanctuary
    Pr___johnny - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Arcane(full mag):1 str 9 mag each 2 lvls
    pros: awsome in pve(u kill mobs before they reach u) and some duels too (just duels), 100% cleric power exploitement (= a lot of magic attack = a lot of healing power ), fun grind, high magic defence.
    Cons:Very low Pdef , very low hp, not good for pk(unless u ahve money and refine and gody shard ur tt 90 arcane till u have 5k hp) = basically isnt for pk and phisical attacks (wich can be aggros teal in tt) own u real quick.

LA:6 mag 2 str 2 dex each 2 lvls
    pros: good for soloing , good in pk ==> higher evasion, much better p def ,CRITS !, rb(easier to get into a squad),higher hp .
    Cons: lower mag def (about 2k difference at lvl 80), lower magic attack(wich is balance though by the crits and evasion), sucky at low lvls cos u dont have the crits (wich play an important role), so not super good to quest and pve (eaven tho in tt and doungeons itrs very handy ===> ex: archers in tt 1-3 or 1-2 dont 2-3 shot u anymore).

My advice is be arcane full mag till about lvl 75, at lvl 75 start putting points only in dex till 78 at 78 buy 2 reset notes of 50 points each and take off 100 mag and dispatch it in str and dex for the awsome molds lvl 69 78 and 78 (+ u can eaven wear better helmets then arcane so eaven more hp).
    If u like PVE, i would stay arcane and wait for TT 90 wich has ncie amount of hp just on bonus :) .

hf cya in game
  • Impetus - Lost City
    Impetus - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My 2 cents-

I kept my build as a full MAG robe cleric up until lvl69 for the sake of lvling quickly, then switched to LA for PvP purposes. I'm planning to switch back to robes at 90 and put in some VIT for survivability, since a correctly-geared robe cleric at 90 can have close to the amount (if not more) of phys def and HP as an LA cleric. IMO, the only thing an LA cleric has over a robe cleric at 90 is the higher crit rate.

Long story short, LA to survive PvP in the lower lvls, then switch back to robes with some VIT and BE SMART ABOUT YOUR GEAR
  • cyborgtemplar
    cyborgtemplar Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009

lol you do realize that the dmg in pvp is only 25% than that of normal so maby 3-400 dmg less than a pure in pvp, and with 5+k life at higher levels that's not alot. plus a wandering archer wont 1 hit you it takes 2-3 in which plume is up by then. pure Arcane has to see his enemy first to win in PvP most the time. otherwise bm stunlcok, barb 1 stun plus armageddon, ect. I was originally pure arcane and restatted to LA, and later levels it's a HUGE difference in how much dmg you take from phys and nowhere near as big of one magic wise cause of the diminishing returns robes have after awhile.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    lol you do realize that the dmg in pvp is only 25% than that of normal so maby 3-400 dmg less than a pure in pvp, and with 5+k life at higher levels that's not alot. plus a wandering archer wont 1 hit you it takes 2-3 in which plume is up by then. pure Arcane has to see his enemy first to win in PvP most the time. otherwise bm stunlcok, barb 1 stun plus armageddon, ect. I was originally pure arcane and restatted to LA, and later levels it's a HUGE difference in how much dmg you take from phys and nowhere near as big of one magic wise cause of the diminishing returns robes have after awhile.

Agree. I'm LA and i love archers going crazy because with plume shell on they don't even see my HP bar decrease. And after plume shell to elapse, the matter doesnt change such much. With +pdef weapons i actually have more pdef than an archer, and my evasion is stille decent, it's not so rare to see "miss" on my head during pvps.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    pros: good for soloing , good in pk ==> higher evasion, much better p def ,CRITS !, rb(easier to get into a squad),higher hp .

o_o ow'rely ?
    <-- gama tanker & kicks out LA clerics (& pure vit builds) from my squads, cause I'm very stingy about charm ticking, not just for me but other squad members as well. Believe me.... the difference feels ALOT when you have a cleric BBing who is with high atk & one with lower, maybe it's just me :/

Btw how is hp higher? compared to what? vit? yeah right... hybrid? I don't think so... pure? should be the same (unless you actually start pumping already lacking stats from mgk atk into vit for LA)
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    o_o ow'rely ?
    <-- gama tanker & kicks out LA clerics (& pure vit builds) from my squads, cause I'm very stingy about charm ticking, not just for me but other squad members as well. Believe me.... the difference feels ALOT when you have a cleric BBing who is with high atk & one with lower, maybe it's just me :/

Btw how is hp higher? compared to what? vit? yeah right... hybrid? I don't think so... pure? should be the same (unless you actually start pumping already lacking stats from mgk atk into vit for LA)

Hum, LA hp level, at least on my actual level, is a lot higher than a pure MAG build. Why? because of extra bonuses of mold light armors. Grieving sorrow, blood bracers of fang, Dark shirnguards of hades. 100 or close HP bonus in each equip part. Then, the helmet. With 80 str i wear the FB51 reward helm, +140HP, extra +60 HP +2 VIT, and 2 flawless shards. 310 HP overall.

Another advantage of LA build are ornaments. ATM i'm wearing an equine talisman to have only 1 neckalce (good to have both mdef and pdef) that gives 80HP. Over this case, being able to wear m.def based ornaments, you are bumped into a lot of better extra bonuses. Without looking only mold ornaments, there are often available in AH nice m.def ornaments with high MAG/VIT or also -chann (for those who wanna stack it) bonuses. For a VIT arcane cleric is not really the best wear m.def ornaments, huh?

When i passed to LA i restated 50 vit points. I suffered less than 100 HP loss. And i largely retrieved also them when i got my Grievin and Blood bracers at 78. Atm i have more HP than many hybrid cleric i occasionally squad with (over 4k HP buffed at level 79 aren't really the HP level of a pure MAG cleric).

PS. i didnt refine my armor over +1.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Hum, LA hp level, at least on my actual level, is a lot higher than a pure MAG build. Why? because of extra bonuses of mold light armors. Grieving sorrow, blood bracers of fang, Dark shirnguards of hades. 100 or close HP bonus in each equip part. Then, the helmet. With 80 str i wear the FB51 reward helm, +140HP, extra +60 HP +2 VIT, and 2 flawless shards. 310 HP overall.
    Oh i c b:cute my mistake then, but I don't think there is a lot of hp difference in 90s armours I just remember arcane ads more +mgk, while LA is +dex. Blah server down can't look.
    nice m.def ornaments with high MAG/VIT or also -chann (for those who wanna stack it) bonuses.
    But then you lose +crits from crit rings... unless you manage to get your hands on those +crit & +chan lunars b:embarrass . Just getting +2 crit rings was pretty expensive b:sad
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Oh i c b:cute my mistake then, but I don't think there is a lot of hp difference in 90s armours I just remember arcane ads more +mgk, while LA is +dex. Blah server down can't look.

But then you lose +crits from crit rings... unless you manage to get your hands on those +crit & +chan lunars b:embarrass . Just getting +2 crit rings was pretty expensive b:sad

Aw, sorry, we had a misunderstanding. I talk about under 90 stuffs. Btw, with LA you wear same ring as Arcane... Myself i used + crit rings to stack it to the increased crt rate od LA build. I didn't even check TT90 LA bonuses since i'll just roll back to Arcane at 90. I think it's the general reknown more reasonable choice...
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Aw, sorry, we had a misunderstanding. I talk about under 90 stuffs. Btw, with LA you wear same ring as Arcane... Myself i used + crit rings to stack it to the increased crt rate od LA build. I didn't even check TT90 LA bonuses since i'll just roll back to Arcane at 90. I think it's the general reknown more reasonable choice...

Oh? o.O y?
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Oh? o.O y?

What? o.O huh short message.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    What? o.O huh short message.

I was asking why did u say it was the reasonable way?