Best Anti-Veno Class?

Comments

• Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There is no such thing as "fear" when you have a herc or nix.

I dont use my herc for pvp indoors. As to why, Ill let people figure that one out.
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    wizzies...my freagging bramble wont work on them b:infuriatedb:surrender
    kill me in 1/2 hits... >.<
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Zoe needs to stop bragging about tw kills with noob factions
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You actually try to fight wizards as HA veno? That's what the bleeding nix is for, silly.b:victory
    Oh, I know, but when I'm busy making some Archer cry, I can't always tell if a Wizard is about Tempest or Emberstorm me.

*shakes fist at Emberstorm*
    IceJazmin wrote:
    She is fighting HA wizards with sage stone barrier.....

I can't actually tell if this is sarcasm or not, but on the server I PVP on there are actually quite a lot of Heavy Wizzies running around. It's a good build if you like to be anally **** by other casters when you're trying to charge a full Ember. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Oh, I know, but when I'm busy making some Archer cry, I can't always tell if a Wizard is about Tempest or Emberstorm me.

*shakes fist at Emberstorm*

I can't actually tell if this is sarcasm or not, but on the server I PVP on there are actually quite a lot of Heavy Wizzies running around. It's a good build if you like to be anally **** by other casters when you're trying to charge a full Ember. b:chuckle

Then you're dealing with some fail Wizzies... With the way our Hotkeys work now, it's easy to switch entire sets of armor almost instantly. I have my Heavy set on an hotkey bar on 1-4, and Arcane on 5-8. A series of clicks, and I'm ready for the incoming shot. Or, hell, you could just combine them. Heavy Plate, Heavy Boots, Arcane Pants, Arcane Sleeves. Heavy is a very powerful build, but nobody has actually looked into how powerful they are when built properly.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    cybluerr wrote: »
    Zoe needs to stop bragging about tw kills with noob factions

Does not matter who we fight against, even big ones like Radiance or Triad (when they were still strong) I end up with the same result every time. Other than the barbs not fighting back of course.

When monsters are harder to kill and less boring to kill than other players, you know the quality of the players isn't worth a thing.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited August 2009
    Then you're dealing with some fail Wizzies... With the way our Hotkeys work now, it's easy to switch entire sets of armor almost instantly. I have my Heavy set on an hotkey bar on 1-4, and Arcane on 5-8. A series of clicks, and I'm ready for the incoming shot. Or, hell, you could just combine them. Heavy Plate, Heavy Boots, Arcane Pants, Arcane Sleeves. Heavy is a very powerful build, but nobody has actually looked into how powerful they are when built properly.

I don't PVP on PWI, the server I do is kind of outdated and we don't have the new hotkeys yet. :s That would be handy though for when I'm dealing with Wizards or Robe Venos to switch into my robes.

We have our fail Heavy wizzies, and then we have our Heavy wizzies which make my existence burn and are amongst the top players there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No more fear of wizzies!!! Killed one today who was 1 lvl higher ^^
    First with pet: wizzie dies!!
    Wizzie asks: plz do pet away
    Next battle without pet: wizzie dies!! b:victory

hmm what should i fear now...??
    probably go for veno's with phoenix b:chuckle
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009

I was not being sarcastic, I have seen those around, and they have the same issues as the HA venos when fighting robes, I talked with a couple and they said it works out against melee classes and gives them the element of surprize. However as pointed out, you can put arcane/HA armor on hotkeys, so you can switch armors fast if needed.

I can imagene a veno sending a phoenix against the HA wiz and than looking at the bird pecking at him for 1/3 of the usual damage going wth...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited August 2009
    I can imagene a veno sending a phoenix against the HA wiz and than looking at the bird pecking at him for 1/3 of the usual damage going wth...

This was indeed my reaction when I first fought a HA Wizzy.. I thought he was hacking or sth..

Then demon Ironwood kicked in, Nix bleeded, and bb wiz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Devilmages - Sanctuary
    Devilmages - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lol my bids can wipe a veno and her pet within secs dpeneding what thjere doing if they have mag boom its gone
    i like pie
  • Chalkara - Lost City
    Chalkara - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I know really. The quality of the players when it comes to pvp on this game is just garbage. The monsters I grind on are harder to kill....

if your so great at PVP/PK why are you on PVE server? come to a PK server and show us how its done, or are you affraid that PKers on Lost City and Harshlands are going to be to much for you to handle and youll lose your right to brag?
  • Skitles - Heavens Tear
    Skitles - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Once again the PvP server players and their misguided logic that their PvP is somewhat different/more hardcore diffuclt than what'd you expereince on a PvE server. -_-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sig by ForsakenX~
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Never mind them, they believe that one-shotting L3x rookies is how PvP is supposed to be done.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    if your so great at PVP/PK why are you on PVE server? come to a PK server and show us how its done, or are you affraid that PKers on Lost City and Harshlands are going to be to much for you to handle and youll lose your right to brag?

I'd just get bored with all the wimps attacking me all the time. As I've said, you still use flesh ream, you still stun, you still gank. You really don't put up a fight when you do that since all of it simply means you can't beat someone who can fight back.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Chalkara - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    not useing bleed would be like a BM not stun locking or an archer not having 26%+ crit rates, you use what your given

as for the killing 3x lowbes, only a select few guilds do this, which i am nt apart of, i think its low and underhanded, ill only kill some1 that much lower than me if its sticking up for a guilde/friend or if they are blood red, cuz if u red, u should expect 2 get killd

being randomly atkd while grinding or questing - however annoying it gets - jus adds another twist to the game, u get over it pretty fast...and from what i understand (correct me if im wrong) you can safe guard yourself from random pk in PvE servers, wouldnt this mean u could jus safe guard urself if the odds were against u?

and if youve lookd at out TW map recently i think its a tad more understandable why we have PK, having one guild own 80% of the land dosnt leave much else for us to do

if someone fights back it isnt PK anymore is it, that makes it PVP, PK is about geting the jump on sum1 when they arnt ready. and again killing in TW is differnt again, because a venos brambles work in there making it different

im sorry zoe, but it just gets odd reading your posts when all you seem to do in brag about yourself, and rip on the PVP servers, PK/PVP is differnt on our servers, idn about more hardcore, but being able to chose if i want 2 be abled to be PK'd or not in my opinion makes it differnt. bing able to defend yourself when u get jumpd is apart of know your class and having the skill to react in the right way. assumeing that we rely on bleed all the time is misguided, its nt that usefull if they clot and it stops working or if they are HA and bleed jus isnt enof to kill them, the stun we use i presume is pounce, this also comes with hercs and the armored bear, do i fall into you class of honorless pkers for useing this skill on these pets to pk with?

and to stay on topic, i find barbs and HA/LA mages the hardest to kill, barbs cuz if they hav a charm they can be hard to out damage it,and a mage cuz their phys def in those builds lets them live a little longer and they hurt like hell when they get a skill out

(sorry for the long rambleing post)
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So you don't get randomly attacked in PvP mode on PvE servers? hmm... interesting.
    Safe guard= safe zone, eg city. Good luck being near one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chalkara - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    im sorry, i take it your 1st sentence is sarcastic, so could you please explain a little more about that

what i ment was, if your out of a safe zone in a PVE server dont you have the option to make ur name blue so ppl cant kill you? if this isnt the case then i will take back most of what ive said before cuz that would make a PVE server like a PVP
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There's the option to go into pk mode on PvE servers once you're lvl 30+. The catch is you're gonna be in that mode for 10 hours, and once that 10 hours is up, you can change back to blue named mode or remain in pk mode.

Well, ok, I don't really know for sure, since I avoid that button at all costs, but I think that's the gist of it. Correct me if I'm wrong. =/
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    There's the option to go into pk mode on PvE servers once you're lvl 30+. The catch is you're gonna be in that mode for 10 hours, and once that 10 hours is up, you can change back to blue named mode or remain in pk mode.

Well, ok, I don't really know for sure, since I avoid that button at all costs, but I think that's the gist of it. Correct me if I'm wrong. =/

You're not. You got it precisely.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    im sorry, i take it your 1st sentence is sarcastic, so could you please explain a little more about that

what i ment was, if your out of a safe zone in a PVE server dont you have the option to make ur name blue so ppl cant kill you? if this isnt the case then i will take back most of what ive said before cuz that would make a PVE server like a PVP

You can, but you need to have first spent 10 hours as a white name before you're able to switch back to a blue name like Vixe said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As a arcane veno:

Other arcane venos
    BM's if u get stunlocked
    Barb if you are noob
    Archer if you are unlucky

LA veno:

arcane venos
    HA venos
    La venos
    some robe wiz/clerics that do ther job well

HA veno:

arcane venos
    LA/robe wizards
    Archers
    robe clerics
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As a arcane veno:

Other arcane venos
    BM's if u get stunlocked
    Barb if you are noob
    Archer if you are unlucky

LA veno:

arcane venos
    HA venos
    La venos
    some robe wiz/clerics that do ther job well

HA veno:

arcane venos
    LA/robe wizards
    Archers
    robe clerics

How is the best anti arcane veno class other arcane venos?b:chuckle

Arcane veno - archers, and clerics(w/physical spells)

LA veno - archers, or wiz(if they get lucky)

HA veno - LA wiz/cleric/veno

Melee classes usually don't do well against venos due to bramble hood, unless it's a bm ambush with stunlock against robe veno.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    I don't fear clerics as a HA veno, only archers and other venos o.o;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    I don't fear clerics as a HA veno, only archers and other venos o.o;

What's a cleric? Oh, you mean that thing I just ran over? Sorry!

NOTE: I kid, clerics. You guys are usually decent opponents, but I have too many trump cards, like Purge.
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    HA just fails..I can;t help it
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Why does it fail? Care to explain?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    HA just fails..I can;t help it
    Why does it fail? Care to explain?

Faildom fails.b:chuckle

Seriously though, they pwn archers, barbs, and to a degree, bms, get pwned by wizards, clerics and mag venos. It's all a matter of balance.

As an arcane veno, I'm glad they're around. Makes archers think twice and investigate before jumping on venos, which is a good thing and lets you get away...b:victory
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Well in my own experience, clerics and wizards are pretty easy. Fleshream and fox damage wearing arcane eats them alive. Archers so far are the only non veno class I have much trouble with, since they crit so high. One minute your HP is there and the next it's gone.

Barbarians are reltivley easy, though it can turn into a charm fest, but not much of a threat. Blademasters are my favourite, they're the easiest :)
    I love BM ganks too ^_^

Any type of venomancer no matter it's build is what scares me the most. u_u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Well in my own experience, clerics and wizards are pretty easy. Fleshream and fox damage wearing arcane eats them alive. Archers so far are the only non veno class I have much trouble with, since they crit so high. One minute your HP is there and the next it's gone.

Barbarians are reltivley easy, though it can turn into a charm fest, but not much of a threat. Blademasters are my favourite, they're the easiest :)
    I love BM ganks too ^_^

Any type of venomancer no matter it's build is what scares me the most. u_u

Venos bring fleshream to you... Are you scared of the veno or the nix?b:chuckle