trying to understand gold prices and people's mindsets

Comments

• BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Coin boxes worthless? Agreed....

insanegoldprices.jpg

Saw this when I logged on and logged back out. I don't even want to know what it says now.

cold day in hades before I'd do that... thats out of control
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009

insanegoldprices.jpg

Saw this when I logged on and logged back out. I don't even want to know what it says now.

Notice how there are no other people selling gold listed, and how all the buy prices are still 190k-180k?

Great screenshot though.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Notice how there are no other people selling gold, and how all the buy prices are still 190k-180k?

Great screenshot though.

Well once ppl selling see that they wont buy at so and so price the pricing will go back into the control of the buyer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Notice how people are stupid enough to actually pay 180k+ per gold in the first place?
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Artiex - Sanctuary
    Artiex - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Apparently there multiple sellers right now on Sanctuary. Current prices...

2009-08-0914-37-18.jpg

At least someone has the right idea, about what price to sell it at.
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lol i haven't looked at the gold prices in a looooong time. but that's ridiculous. just how rich are ppl to buy gold at that price? the simple fact of the matter is this if the prices are up that high and staying that high it means ppl are buying, therefore there is reason for that price to stay that high b:angry

according to a GM they start jolly jones as a way to drain the economy in PW. this may actually be good. cos when everyone is not as rich as they were a few months ago the prices of gold COULD drop lower than before. HOWEVER i think you shouldn't get your hopes up on normal gold price being normal for long, the december expansion promises to bring new content as bad as the prices are now i wouldn't be surprised if the prices get WORSE when the expansion comes and stay that way for a good month.

and of course prices have been high for a while due to the fact that for a past few months the devs keep throwing sales and making mounts available in the item mall

lucky i have no problems with gold b:laugh i just charge my zhen dirctlyb:laugh
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Why complain about the gold prices?b:shocked the gold is because people decide to use there RL money so dont QQb:cry cause some1 wants to put it at 200k+, if it wasnt for them cash shop players then we wouldnt even have gold to get items...so you should be praising the people selling gold not scolding them, sad when people think there pixel coins are important...oh an this opinion is comming from a NON cashshop player..nub cakesb:thanks

ever consider those who dont spend a dime on the game but have alot of coin and do things like buy up all the gold then jack the prices up? its not always black and white cash shop or non cash shop player. and wether anyone pays real cash or not we are all human, so (not only directed at shadedarrow) stop fkn actin like yall's better than other people. we do all bleed red regardless of how we play this game and regardless of even the color of our skin.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • xxxdsmer
    edited August 2009
    Notice how people are stupid enough to actually pay 180k+ per gold in the first place?

basically the same idea i have during events and such. ppl start jackin gold up to 180-200k+, stop buying the stuff. lol
  • xxxdsmer
    edited August 2009

insanegoldprices.jpg

see the massive amount posted for buy (like the only one thats 100+ on the buy side)?

(i didnt take note which one it was before i started this post, but yea.. the green letters with more than 100 units marked for buy at that price)

that is more than likely someone with an **** load of coin sittin there buying up gold so they can resell it for like: 200k or something. same thing happened the first time Dorb's went on sale the first time (here not VERY long ago). ALL the gold disappeared from trade and ever since then there's periodically been a massive amount at a certain price on the buy side of the gold trade.

i'm betting that 100+ there is someone(s) with a mountain of coin just profiteering out of the gold trade instead of letting the population take advantage of the event/sale, and ppl like that should choke on all that coin they have. sure, events are a good time to make a lil money if a person so chooses, but the kinds of things we're doing to eachother is about on par with the time people were stuck in a burning building and the people in the street wanted the stranded people to throw down all their money before they would simply raise a ladder to save a life (happened a long time ago).

EDIT: the line in the buy side is 161 units buy @ 185,100. there's the person (or ppl) that's keeping gold price high.
  • _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary
    _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There is one very simple way for the pwi community to get gold prices back down to 120k DONT BUY IT FOR ANY HIGHER PRICE. if no one buy gold the sellers will be forced to lower prices or lose the commision everytime they place a sell order.

Now what i am going to say next will come as a shock to people. You can play the game perfectly well and without much difficulty without using any cash shop items. yes i know i'm a veno so it is easier for me but still.

GA's: not needed simple answer dont get killed or suck it up and take the exp loss
    Mounts/aerogear: you are given an aerogear for free at lvl 30 learn patience or go read the paper while you do WQ
    Dragon orbs: refining is completely un needed so what if it take slighly longer to kill and if you hp is too low for you to do quests wait a few lvls
    And the big one charms:
    HP charms are certainly not neccessary form a sqaud with a cleric or 2 if you need it
    MP charms: probably the closest any item comes to being vital. For grinding agian learn patience and meditate or train apothecary and make the +50/100 MP regen items. now for some instances if you only have 1 cleric spam healing will be needed but i still dont see why it would be impossible to do useing MP regen, elixers and MP potions made at the apothecary.

Now before you start flaming i am well aware that playing this way would take comsiderably longer with more time being spend grinding and farming herbs but i am not suggesting that eveerynoe play this way all the time. With just a bit of patience most players could greatly reduce their need for cash shop items which would force gold prices down.

I myself will never buy gold or cash shop players from plyers for any price higher than 120k per gold and i hope that enough others do the same for it ot have an effect
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2009

insanegoldprices.jpg

It looks like the person selling gold just doesn't realize how the AH works, 900/5=180, 720/4=180. There's a good chance that they meant to sell for 180k per. That listings probably been there for a long time and they just never realized. The funny thing is that people have followed that mistake and tried to sell gold at a similar level. Truly astounding.
    I like pie
    edited August 2009
    There is one very simple way for the pwi community to get gold prices back down to 120k DONT BUY IT FOR ANY HIGHER PRICE. if no one buy gold the sellers will be forced to lower prices or lose the commision everytime they place a sell order.

Now what i am going to say next will come as a shock to people. You can play the game perfectly well and without much difficulty without using any cash shop items. yes i know i'm a veno so it is easier for me but still.

GA's: not needed simple answer dont get killed or suck it up and take the exp loss
    Mounts/aerogear: you are given an aerogear for free at lvl 30 learn patience or go read the paper while you do WQ
    Dragon orbs: refining is completely un needed so what if it take slighly longer to kill and if you hp is too low for you to do quests wait a few lvls
    And the big one charms:
    HP charms are certainly not neccessary form a sqaud with a cleric or 2 if you need it
    MP charms: probably the closest any item comes to being vital. For grinding agian learn patience and meditate or train apothecary and make the +50/100 MP regen items. now for some instances if you only have 1 cleric spam healing will be needed but i still dont see why it would be impossible to do useing MP regen, elixers and MP potions made at the apothecary.

Now before you start flaming i am well aware that playing this way would take comsiderably longer with more time being spend grinding and farming herbs but i am not suggesting that eveerynoe play this way all the time. With just a bit of patience most players could greatly reduce their need for cash shop items which would force gold prices down.

I myself will never buy gold or cash shop players from plyers for any price higher than 120k per gold and i hope that enough others do the same for it ot have an effect

The only flame I see the most coming at you, is on a PvP server you can be killed at anytime, anywhere. Therefore it kind of makes angels a necessity unless you wanna lose everything you have. Even when you are out grinding someone can pop u one!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    The only flame I see the most coming at you, is on a PvP server you can be killed at anytime, anywhere. Therefore it kind of makes angels a necessity unless you wanna lose everything you have. Even when you are out grinding someone can pop u one!

You do not lose exp when someone pks you. You won't really drop items either. If you are red name you deserve to drop all your stuff for being a murderer/harasser.

Don't murder players and you won't need angels.
    Main characters
  • _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary
    _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You do not lose exp when someone pks you. You won't really drop items either. If you are red name you deserve to drop all your stuff for being a murderer/harasser.

TY Zoe, you took the words right out of my mouth
    edited August 2009

Don't murder players and you won't need angels.

I'll be the first to admit I know nothing in this area. I didn't really know what the red/white/pink names all meant. I just knew red meant you could/would drop things more easily.

So there is a system eh? Red means you PK pretty much anyone of any level and deserve your fate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Red means you killed players that were not able to fight back. If you play like that you deserve to drop everything you have.
    Main characters
    edited August 2009
    Red means you killed players that were not able to fight back. If you play like that you deserve to drop everything you have.

Ah! Then PvP isn't all just PK whomever. It comes at a price if you want to PK those who can't fight back. Although I think that would be lame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009

.... Please tell me this is a joke and that you actually know how PK works.

Please?
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Not 100% true. Red just means you won when fighting another player. They may or may not have fought back.

Although Red players sometimes are big bullies, they also include PvPrs that only PK around their own level.

Calling someone on a PvP server a murderer who should be punished is stupid. You PvE carebears should stick to PvE issues.
    edited August 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    .... Please tell me this is a joke and that you actually know how PK works.

Please?

Zoe is either truly clueless about PvP or in purposely creating a Troll post (which she is known for). Probably a bit of both.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Not 100% true. Red just means you won when fighting another player. They may or may not have fought back.

Although Red players sometimes are big bullies, they also include PvPrs that only PK around their own level.

Calling someone on a PvP server a murderer who should be punished is stupid. You PvE carebears should stick to PvE issues.

You do not get a red name if the other player fought back because if the other player fought back they would have a temp pink name that, when you kill a person with that temp pink name, you do not get red.

Therefore, having a red name is not pvp it is murder and you should be punished accordingly
    Main characters
    edited August 2009

First off, no sense in making this a PvE vs. PvP issue. I simply didn't know. If she doesn't know the right thing either, then that is that. But to say that we should stick to PvE issues, let me clue you in. There is this little button on the PvE servers that enables Pk mode. Which is exactly what PvP is. Therefore, the issue also exists on PvE servers. Therefore, knowing this is also a PvE issue since said issue actually happens on the PvE server.
    TY Zoe, you took the words right out of my mouth

Apparently someone from Sanctuary actually doesn't know either, as this person as shown above agreed with Zoe.

No sense in turning this into an insult fest, someone just state the truth about how it really is. Thats all I'm concerned with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    You do not get a red name if the other player fought back because if the other player fought back they would have a temp pink name that, when you kill a person with that temp pink name, you do not get red.

Therefore, having a red name is not pvp it is murder and you should be punished accordingly

Let me clarify, when you see someone with a red name it doesn't always mean they go around randomly killing players much lower than themselves.

Red named players include players who have PKd and been Pkd while only fighting similar level players. Someone who Pk'd 10 people 5 of which fought back or were red and 5 of which were white named and were one shotted or didn't fight back would be Red. I don't necessarily call this person bad, he/she is just playing the game as intended.

By definition a PvP server is player vs player. Some Guilds have other certain other guild members as KOS. They are enemies just like in real life nations at war condone the killing of the enemy without branding their soldiers murderers.

Besides since when is killing pixels that can be ressurected with a click "murder", ROFLMAO.

If you don't like if stay on a PvE server and stay out of PvP discussions.
    edited August 2009
    Let me clarify, when you see someone with a red name it doesn't always mean they go around randomly killing players much lower than themselves.

Red named players include players who have PKd and been Pkd while only fighting similar level players. Someone who Pk'd 10 people 5 of which fought back or were red and 5 of which were white named and were one shotted or didn't fight back would be Red. I don't necessarily call this person bad, he/she is just playing the game as intended.

By definition a PvP server is player vs player. Some Guilds have other certain other guild members as KOS. They are enemies just like in real life nations at war condone the killing of the enemy without branding their soldiers murderers.

Besides since when is killing pixels that can be ressurected with a click "murder", ROFLMAO.

If you don't like if stay on a PvE server and stay out of PvP discussions.

Since when did this topic become a PvP discussion. The OP had nothing to do with PvE vs. PvP. And who made you the forum guru to tell ppl to stay out of any discussion. In any game where you "kill" other people being called a murderer is quite correct. Especially seeming how that is exactly what you do. She didn't indicate they were murderers in RL. You need to ease up and chill out some.

And I am still awaiting someone who knows the correct answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Since when did this topic become a PvP discussion. The OP had nothing to do with PvE vs. PvP. And who made you the forum guru to tell ppl to stay out of any discussion. In any game where you "kill" other people being called a murderer is quite correct. Especially seeming how that is exactly what you do. She didn't indicate they were murderers in RL. You need to ease up and chill out some.

And I am still awaiting someone who knows the correct answer.

Lol, weren't you the one who brought up the issue of PvP. Anyhow, the answer to your questions has been answered. But if you want more
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/pvp

Soooo... back on topic. Gold prices ...
    edited August 2009
    Lol, weren't you the one who brought up the issue of PvP. Anyhow, the answer to your questions has been answered. But if you want more
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/pvp

Soooo... back on topic. Gold prices ...

By the information I just read, it does not say weather or not a player has killed above, or below his/her level. It basically just states the more PKs you have, the redder your name becomes. So that said, any of you could be right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Since when did this topic become a PvP discussion. The OP had nothing to do with PvE vs. PvP.

It's the PWI equivalent of Godwin's Law. The longer a topic in these forums goes on, the probability of the discussion drifting to Flesh Ream on the phoenix approaches 100%.
    edited August 2009
    It's the PWI equivalent of Godwin's Law. The longer a topic in these forums goes on, the probability of the discussion drifting to Flesh Ream on the phoenix approaches 100%.

LOL..probably true. But I know nothing of flesh ream, thats why I never ever bring it up. I know its a veno skill ppl are urked about. Thats it. That when you see me pro or anti veno, flesh ream isn't a topic I talk about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009

It is actualy 100%.... in this case lol
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    225k and rising. I miss the days when gold was only 130k. b:sad

I think it's time for me to switch to Sanctuary. b:bye

its not that great back here...ever since the add of our fave NPC... Gold has jumped the roof.... x.x