what's up with some people on pwi?

Iz_a_dude - Heavens Tear
Iz_a_dude - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Etherblade (West)
Yo, idk what you would call this post... but so curious i couldn't help it... so i made a female char b:chuckle for a thread. Don't get me wrong, i like women b:chuckle.

But I see so many female chars (mostly venoes)... Its obvious most of them are guys, I am cool with that. I met irl girls here though, luckily, sort of. But what bothers me is that dudes making female chars to scam other males or just lie to them and pretending to be female. b:spit. what is up with that? I heard from the world chats about this person telling about a certain venomancer that constantly look for men to get free things by them. I find it true, I saw this player in WC looking for a guy sometimes.

What do you think men, generally people should do?

Play characters that is your own gender? (personally I do but i don't think that matters)

Play any character you want? Just don't trick people into scamming, scandals and fairyness? (Like i said before, i don't have a problem with girls playing guy chars or guys playing girl chars, but i don't think its right if they lie, thats just sick)

Or what?
Post edited by Iz_a_dude - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Shibusen - Dreamweaver
    Shibusen - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Keep things as they are.

That way, someday a venomancer will marry someone ingame, they'll spend all their time together and when they decide to finally do webcam chat together, they'll realize they're both men. That would be epic and has probably happened before(its possible to modify your voice on vent so a G.I.R.L could successfully fool everyone through it).
    b:shocked
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I do dat to get free monies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Seriously, you gotta have some serious problems if you have to look for man/woman in an online game. As for man pretending to be chicks to get free items, its a sad way to get free stuff. The problem isnt that there are 'scammers' like that but morons who give them stuff. If you give any item expecting to develop a relationship from it, you deserve to be scammed. PWI is by far the easiest game of all times. Its easier making money/lvling up here then finding a mushroom in mario bros. Why the hell are you gonna give items to someone you never met just because 'it' says is a girl? Is your social life that pathetic? Do you really expect to get a date by giving someone free game stuff?

If you find nice players in game, be it man or woman, dont just go giving away items. There are other ways to help a friend, like aiding on a hard quest/boss or giving tips.
    Play characters that is your own gender? (personally I do but i don't think that matters)
    Play any character you want? Just don't trick people into scamming, scandals and fairyness? (Like i said before, i don't have a problem with girls playing guy chars or guys playing girl chars, but i don't think its right if they lie, thats just sick)
    Or what?
    I dont really see the point of your question. Its a game. You play in any way you feel like it. If thats playing a char with the opposite gender as your own, so be it. Its no big deal and in some cases theres no choice (like men playing veno and women playing barb).
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iz_a_dude - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Seriously, you gotta have some serious problems if you have to look for man/woman in an online game. As for man pretending to be chicks to get free items, its a sad way to get free stuff. The problem isnt that there are 'scammers' like that but morons who give them stuff. If you give any item expecting to develop a relationship from it, you deserve to be scammed. PWI is by far the easiest game of all times. Its easier making money/lvling up here then finding a mushroom in mario bros. Why the hell are you gonna give items to someone you never met just because 'it' says is a girl? Is your social life that pathetic? Do you really expect to get a date by giving someone free game stuff?

If you find nice players in game, be it man or woman, dont just go giving away items. There are other ways to help a friend, like aiding on a hard quest/boss or giving tips.

I dont really see the point of your question. Its a game. You play in any way you feel like it. If thats playing a char with the opposite gender as your own, so be it. Its no big deal and in some cases theres no choice (like men playing veno and women playing barb).

I'm not desperate b:chuckle i am just kinda grossed from WC last night, and in your last part of your statement... I said that its not a problem people playing different genders. I am saying that they are pretending to be what their gender really is opposite ingame b:spit. Also, I give things and coins to random people, just for the kindness. Thats all there is to it.

P.S there is a very small probability of single 18+ y/o women b:surrender so why would i bother?
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm not desperate b:chuckle i am just kinda grossed from WC last night, and in your last part of your statement... I said that its not a problem people playing different genders. I am saying that they are pretending to be what their gender really is opposite ingame b:spit. Also, I give things and coins to random people, just for the kindness. Thats all there is to it.

P.S there is a very small probability of single 18+ y/o women b:surrender so why would i bother?

Lol, I love your username. It warns people XD
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Tekualcano - Harshlands
    Tekualcano - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    They do that to get free stuff. Ppl tend to be much more kind and generous to female chars. A friend of mine made a veno (she's a girl, but she played a male character before) and was surprised by the difference in reactions. As a girl char she was constantly hit on, male chars offered to carry her wherever she wants, give her stuff, help her with quest and so on. As a male char all she got were duel invites and trashtalk from others. So yeah, female chars have it easier. Both genders are nice with a female char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PWI forum nerfed my signature...b:angry
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yo, idk what you would call this post... but so curious i couldn't help it... so i made a female char b:chuckle for a thread. Don't get me wrong, i like women b:chuckle.

But I see so many female chars (mostly venoes)... Its obvious most of them are guys, I am cool with that. I met irl girls here though, luckily, sort of. But what bothers me is that dudes making female chars to scam other males or just lie to them and pretending to be female. b:spit. what is up with that? I heard from the world chats about this person telling about a certain venomancer that constantly look for men to get free things by them. I find it true, I saw this player in WC looking for a guy sometimes.

Or what?

Any guy thats pathetic enough to fall for text on a screen and a pixel bosom deserve to be taken for all their cyber monies :O
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Caveat emptor
    (let the buyer beware)
    edited August 2009
    Lol, I love your username. It warns people XD

LOL thanks b:chuckle
    They do that to get free stuff. Ppl tend to be much more kind and generous to female chars. A friend of mine made a veno (she's a girl, but she played a male character before) and was surprised by the difference in reactions. As a girl char she was constantly hit on, male chars offered to carry her wherever she wants, give her stuff, help her with quest and so on. As a male char all she got were duel invites and trashtalk from others. So yeah, female chars have it easier. Both genders are nice with a female char.

SO TRUE!! b:shocked... I remember on my old mmo, as a guy char, PVP and flames was written all over me. But when i made a female char just to farm, i got told that i was hot and i didn't bother customizing her either b:spit.
  • Omnee - Heavens Tear
    Omnee - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Easy Solution: People saying "Looking for rich b/f" "Looking for boyfriend" and such...are guys! People acting WAYYYY to friken giggly and girly are guys. "OMG, you are a kiddy tat." or "Come back here white kitty cat." "Let me see your fluffy wings" yadda yadda. Do not marry or talk to them until you cam with them.

I have been known to call people Mr. lion Man before though >.> But that is AFTER I get to know them. Us women are NOT that desperate. If we want to flirt with a guy we will..not beg for one. I mean yeah sure I have seen a few chicks offer certain favors for "gold" but seriously who wants a girl that umm uhh..."thin" *cough*

To make a long post short: Use your brain, think (or put a lemon in that thinking cap of yours) and use facts to figure out if it is female or not.

If it has a "tail" IRL...then it isn't a chick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Easy Solution: People saying "Looking for rich b/f" "Looking for boyfriend" and such...are guys! People acting WAYYYY to friken giggly and girly are guys. "OMG, you are a kiddy tat." or "Come back here white kitty cat." "Let me see your fluffy wings" yadda yadda. Do not marry or talk to them until you cam with them.

I have been known to call people Mr. lion Man before though >.> But that is AFTER I get to know them. Us women are NOT that desperate. If we want to flirt with a guy we will..not beg for one. I mean yeah sure I have seen a few chicks offer certain favors for "gold" but seriously who wants a girl that umm uhh..."thin" *cough*

To make a long post short: Use your brain, think (or put a lemon in that thinking cap of yours) and use facts to figure out if it is female or not.

If it has a "tail" IRL...then it isn't a chick.

Oh lawd b:laugh
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Omnee - Heavens Tear
    Omnee - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well.....gotta know somehow..if they are hunting for internet love. =P

I know a guy that fell in love with a girl..she told us all sorts of stories about her life...and we found out 2 years...Gwen was actually Charlie >.> Scary stuff..specially when they threaten to kill your kids cause he Looooves you and wants you to love him..woman or not >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Why the hell a venomancer would need a man for money is beyond me.
    But yeah, i've heard of a few stories of this. Guys who pretend to be girls to marry guys to leech their munnies.

They seem to think that since all or most women do it, there's no harm in them doing it either.

Even though only a small minority of women actually do it, it makes real females look bad and it's all just deceipt, scam and lies. Nothing like hurting a poor bugger and cheating 'im out of his money eh gir....I mean, guys?

To become dependant on someone else's funds in a game (especially if you play a venomancer) is pretty fricking pathetic xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    LOL with the last post, your right and yes, necro XD i got a pic for some people who are so desperate on an mmo

enjoy ;)
    633712399650385460-dude.jpg
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    Pannelo - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I chose to play a veno as I always play the solo class in mmorpgs but people that purposely decieve to get money I don't get either. I'm not saying that if there was a male veno I would have chose male, I probably wouldn't have. My thoughts though are, if you are gonna look at a character for Months on end, you might as well look at something nice (in a bikini). b:chuckle

I have always made it clear that I am a male playing veno but always get mistaken for female. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Lag? What lag?
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    I chose to play as a veno as I always play as the solo class in mmorpgs. That's not to say that I would have chosen a male veno if there was one because I probably wouldn't have. My theory is, if you are going to spend months and months looking at the same character then it might as well be something you like the look of. Personally I would rather look at a hot bunny girl running around in a bikini than anything else. b:laugh

People that purposely decieve other playing into thinking that they are female is a bit weird though. Maybe they are secretly ****, maybe they are just lazy and want to be kept instead of working for their items or maybe they are just greedy. Who knows, but I don't get it either.

My other pet hate about being a veno is because you play a female character people assume your female. This always happens to me but I always tell people I am male to clear up the confusion. I also guess the name has a lot to do with it. If I had named my character Beefy Bloke then I'm sure that wouldn't happen. People percieve what they want based on what they see and read. It's kind of like Star Wars and princess Leia. Leia is imortalised in our heads, not the Carrie Fisher of today.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    well i have several female chars as alts but i dont want to get any extras
    wanting extras as male playing female is stupid same for real females who do
    but being a moron falling for it is worse
    play whatever sex char you want but treat everyone the same and try to be treated the same
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Sorry for the double post. I got an error to say that no thread had been specified when I posted the first. b:angry
  • Takinoma - Heavens Tear
    Takinoma - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Just remember, kiddies, on the internet, guys are guys, girls are guys, and kids are secret FBI agents.b:victory And anyone else is a 60 year old man who wants to bring you into his basement to ra- I mean give you cookies.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    yea im actually a 60 year old fat dude living in my sisters basement o_o
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kymkat - Heavens Tear
    Kymkat - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    yea im actually a 60 year old fat dude living in my sisters basement o_o

Ya I have seen the Sticky...he just forgot tell you about his one toothed mouth that makes him so extra StickySmexy. Well atleast he found that last piece of chicken under his man boob, thought he was gonna postal without it.

lub ya Sticky b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Bellrose for the great sig!!!
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    yea lots of stuff gets lost in my moobs o.o

<3 kym
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lovella - Heavens Tear
    Lovella - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It's just amazing to me the lows that people will stoop to.
  • Predikador - Harshlands
    Predikador - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    you haven't been on HL server if you haven't see at least one veno saying "sell embraces 5k each"b:surrender
  • Ephemerra - Heavens Tear
    Ephemerra - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009

I'm a girl both RL and IG, but I don't get these kind of reaction, but that could be because I take a long time to warm up to people or maybe I ignored them, because I'm trying to figure out a way to own a certain mob that hits really hard. blah. I have a hard time finding help too. But I know there were girls who actually mooched off other players (most of the time, they act so syrupy sweet it makes you sick), but I didn't know that guys did it to, that's just creepy.

Internet Romance is just hilarious.

Do you wanna date my avatar? She's s star, and she's hotter than reality by far, wanna date my avatar? Just pay a small subscription fee.
  • Miiko - Dreamweaver
    Miiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Heh, seems people are more on their guards in Dreamweaver. :P I have only been called a "he" (never, ever a "she" :o) by new people until I've corrected them. b:surrender
    But yes, all parties involved with the mooching off with pixels fail. >_>
    Miiko: a Venomancer powered by coffee. c[_]

Dynasty recruiting people level 75+ ^-^
  • Chanima - Heavens Tear
    Chanima - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have never gotten any moneys from male chars randomly..... meh... Gimme moneys D:
    Pride comes before a fall! b:bye
  • KeranoWasEmo - Harshlands
    KeranoWasEmo - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have never gotten any moneys from male chars randomly..... meh... Gimme moneys D:

Male chars are REALLY desperate and REALLY horny but not REALLY stupid. Veno=$$$$. They actually want your cash.

We all dream at the day when a veno sugar-mamma will give us free cash.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--Little siggy.b:pleased
    Server: Harshlands (PvP)
    Started: 9-11-2009
    Class: Cleric (hybrid-vit. build)
    Pet: Emoticon (antelope)
    Kills (Pk only): 0
    Death (Pk only): 0
    Ladies embraced b:pleased: 0
  • Muah - Heavens Tear
    Muah - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Male chars are REALLY desperate and REALLY horny but not REALLY stupid. Veno=$$$$. They actually want your cash.

We all dream at the day when a veno sugar-mamma will give us free cash.b:pleased

I already do that >.< oh and look im a veno >.>

in all/most MMO's i've played... and i've played A LOT... I always get asked if I'm a dudeb:surrender when im actually female irl..its extremely annoying.. I've never gotten free money (i've always earned it or paid it back some how*not sexual favors -.-*)

its prolly because i dont sit there and say "oh your char is so sexy!! *wink*"

And no matter how hard ppl try.. female and male will NEVER be treated exactly the same.. we dont look the same and we were not created the same.. thus the idea of trying is out the window >.>

And yes.. they give us a bad name. so you leeching w***es better back off b:angry
    ~Mrs. Curry~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Since 7/4/09
  • Morsel - Dreamweaver
    Morsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Or what?
    Another reason why you might see so many females that are actually males..... if you play the game alot would you rather be looking at a dude all day long or a chick? I think most guys would like to be looking at a hottie all dayb:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.