attack speed stacking

AgileBeast - Lost City
AgileBeast - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
im just curious

can demon spark+relentless courage(genie skill increase attk speed)
stack togeter?

and maybe add a attk speed pot too?b:laugh
Post edited by AgileBeast - Lost City on

Comments

• Katz - Lost City
    Katz - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i tried it once and they stack (genie and spark)
    about pvp pot i don't know
    meow?

b:bye
  • EvAx - Sanctuary
    EvAx - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't think the attack speed pots will stack. Wouldn't demon spark + relentless courage + lvl 75 attack speed pot will make even a .63 attack rate into 4.2 attacks per second?
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't think the attack speed pots will stack. Wouldn't demon spark + relentless courage + lvl 75 attack speed pot will make even a .63 attack rate into 4.2 attacks per second?

Attack speed does not work like that. I suggest you search for an attack speed thread or one of the bracers of blood moon threads...
  • EvAx - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Sorry but all the threads I looked at are very vague on % increases in attack rate. So maybe you'd could explain it to me or show me a thread that I skimmed over. Apparently my formula is the same one used on http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/ for their heaven's wrath skill. Though I'm assuming stacking means 30% + 25% + 25% faster attack rate = 80%(I noticed I calculated wrong anyways. It would have be 3.15aps). Whether it's right or not I do not know. You can probably test better than me anyways.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Sorry but all the threads I looked at are very vague on % increases in attack rate. So maybe you'd could explain it to me or show me a thread that I skimmed over. Apparently my formula is the same one used on http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/ for their heaven's wrath skill. Though I'm assuming stacking means 30% + 25% + 25% faster attack rate = 80%(I noticed I calculated wrong anyways. It would have be 3.15aps). Whether it's right or not I do not know. You can probably test better than me anyways.

Me trolling someone on DoTs:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2063932&postcount=92
    (skip to 3rd last paragraph)

Elena's Attack Speed thread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279561

Bracers of Blood Moon thread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=239952

Edit:
    Assuming the 3 numbers you have given me are correct and assuming they are cumulative i.e 30% + 25% + 25% = 80%

A bow fires 0.67th of a shot in 1 second which fires a full shot every 1.49seconds. With the buffs (assuming they all stack) means a bow will have an attack speed of 1.21th/second which means a bow will fire a full shot off in 0.83seconds.
  • EvAx - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    If that were so, then the calculator is wrong. I understand what you did. It's likely since the items and skills say increases of attack rate(Attacks/Second) but the calculator calculates it into the Seconds/Attack. So someone is wrong. None of the thread mentions anything about % increases in attack rate. I personally trust the calculator (based on other users experience and possibly it's own) and your experience (I'm assuming you confirmed this in-game) rather than a possibly faulty translation or incorrect terming of game mechanics. So it's really a toss up for me. I'd confirm if I have the herbs for a increase attack rate pot (as I do not have access to any other way of increasing my attack rate because I'd like to keep my genie's affinity unused for now), but I'm currently a bit busy to do it myself.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    If that were so, then the calculator is wrong. I understand what you did. It's likely since the items and skills say increases of attack rate(Attacks/Second) but the calculator calculates it into the Seconds/Attack. So someone is wrong. None of the thread mentions anything about % increases in attack rate. I personally trust the calculator (based on other users experience and possibly it's own) and your experience (I'm assuming you confirmed this in-game) rather than a possibly faulty translation or incorrect terming of game mechanics. So it's really a toss up for me. I'd confirm if I have the herbs for a increase attack rate pot (as I do not have access to any other way of increasing my attack rate because I'd like to keep my genie's affinity unused for now), but I'm currently a bit busy to do it myself.

Just ran a quick test for validity. It seems a 22% attack speed increase from relentless makes my attack speed go from 0.77attack/s to 1.00attack/s.

Will continue to post when I get home.

edit:
    I done a basic experiment regarding this when you pointed out the difference between what I posted and what the pwcalc says, however I have used relentless courage instead of heaven’s wrath.

I went to the local blacksmith and bought the lowest available weapon of each tab and used relentless courage lv6 on each weapon. I noted a rather interesting thing with PWI and numbers. It seems the listed values on the weapon and the listed increase in attack speed are already rounded numbers and are not exact. i.e 0.67 != 0.670000… etc and the increase in attack speed from relentless is not 22.00000…%

So, the result?

0.67->0.87 gives an increase of 23% so it cannot be 0.67*1.22 but rather 0.67/(1-0.22)
    0.91->1.18 gives an increase of 23%
    1.43->1.82 gives an increase of 21%
    1.00->1.33 gives an increase of 25%

all of which are close to the 22% increase in attack speed. (remember that all the numbers are not whole numbers being listed which is why it will rarely ever compute to being 22% exactly…)

From that basic experiment, I can say that I am wrong in regards to how attack speed increase works (I went straight to multiplying the % (i.e 0.67*1.22) instead of dividing by the attack speed reduction (i.e 1-0.22)). This leads me to one of your earlier posts with you saying a 80% increase in attack speed will be 3.15shots (0.63/(1-0.8) instead of 0.63*1.8) in a second which would be true, however…

I remember reading somewhere that any buff that has the same icon will be over ridden with the most recent one. Hence, I do not believe they will stack and having said that, being cumulative or a multiplicative seems to not matter anymore, again, assuming that effects do not stack.

I do not pay attention to red bubble icons but I think red bubble gives an attack speed buff with a different icon than something like for example relentless which is why I am lead to think these two stack.

BTW, Thank you EvAx for noting that there was a difference between pwcalc and what I had done. I had fun experimenting with the numbers.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lady Asterelle told me that % Attack Speed gains do not stack, in this post, which is part of my Attack Speed Guide thread. I did not mention it in my guide because I had not verified it myself yet. The easiest way to verify is to ask a Cleric to cast Heaven's Wrath, and then activate Relentless Courage.

Also, the attack speed of a bow is actually 1.00/1.50 = .6666666666666666~ attacks per second, which is rounded to .67 attacks per second. The Attack Duration numbers are actually much nicer to use for your math (1.50 seconds per attack, 1.45 seconds per attack, etc.), instead of using the rounded decimal values.
  • EvAx - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Mmm if attack speed do indeed stack as long as the icons are different, can anyone tell me if Wind Sheild and Relentless Courage have different icons?
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    vid plz ^^
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I remember reading somewhere that any buff that has the same icon will be over ridden with the most recent one. Hence, I do not believe they will stack and having said that, being cumulative or a multiplicative seems to not matter anymore, again, assuming that effects do not stack.

This is not necessarily true in all cases. For example, there is a Barbarian buff that increases physical damage, and has some icon with a green thingy on it. The Gloom effect (add to physical damage) from Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher has the exact same icon. When the Gloom effect occurs, you actually see two of the same icons on your buff list.

Some buffs overwrite each other (Cleric HP Regen buff vs. Apothecary Item buff), while others stack (Barbarian Damage buff vs. Gloom buff). It is difficult to make a blanket statement about this.