Worries of almost 50 Cleric

Lenyel - Harshlands
Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Cleric
Well, i play PW since about 3 weeks and my cleric (1st char) is close to reach lvl 50... As i saw, at lvl 48 Great Cyclone and at lvl 50 Plume Shot finish to be improved. Doesnt the cleric have a great stop at this? Until lvl 89 these skills (that are i think the best ones in grinding cause their small channelling-casting-cooldown time) doesnt improve and refresh their damages to the mob growing power... How can a cleric go on and kill always in 3-4 shots common mobs?

Razor Feathers, Siren's Kiss... Too slow channelling-cast-cooldown to think to use them in non-AoE grinding... And lol Siren's Kiss needs a spark every time it is cast... Tempest look cool but it is learned only at lvl 59 and has a too long cooldown time... Wield Thunder is great but it also has a too logn cooldown time to grind like hell anymore... And thunderball is just a fail.

How can clerics be efficient in grinding? Of skills doesnt grow up in damage dealing, i think also these FAC clerics cant rule... :S
Post edited by Lenyel - Harshlands on

Comments

• SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Try maxing out ur Metal Mastery and u will be fineb:laugh
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, like the previous poster said level up metal mastery, and also level weild thunder. The cooldown is bigger than what you're used to, but its a great opener skill and takes off a big chunk of mobs hp when maxed.

But to answer your original question, the trick is in your mag stat and your wep. As you level you're going to keep adding points to your magic, and get new weapons (huge boost when you get a tt60 wep). Combined, they ensure that even at level 90 you can kill your quest mobs in a couple of hits.

Don't worry, your damage wont suddenly drop just because plume and cyclone are maxed early on, if that's what you're thinking.
    b:dirty
  • nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Try maxing out ur Metal Mastery and u will be fineb:laugh

ditto, and also....

Tempest Level 10
    Range 26.5meters
    Mana 516
    Channel 4.0 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Transcendant
    Focus all of your energy to cast down countless thunder bolts at the target and
    enemies within a 12.0 meter radius around it, inflicting Metal damage
    equal to your base magic damage plus 400% of weapon damage plus 9337.1.
    Has a 95% chance to cause a 8.0 second reduction in speed of 60%.

Requires two Sparks

tempest is an opener, it'll 1shot pretty much everything in its area of effect
    {[(base magic damage + 400% weap damage + 9337.1) x 20%] + crit%chance and other factors} = b:dirty

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lol why would you use tempest as an opener against mobs? Yes you may one hit them, but if u don't u could have 6+ mobs running at you. Unless ur aoe grinding on poison mobs, u don't need tempest while grinding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    For solo grinding I'd rather use those two sparks for advanced eruption, get the bonus mp, and get off 4-5 strong attacks than 1 tempest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, like the previous poster said level up metal mastery, and also level weild thunder. The cooldown is bigger than what you're used to, but its a great opener skill and takes off a big chunk of mobs hp when maxed.

But to answer your original question, the trick is in your mag stat and your wep. As you level you're going to keep adding points to your magic, and get new weapons (huge boost when you get a tt60 wep). Combined, they ensure that even at level 90 you can kill your quest mobs in a couple of hits.

Don't worry, your damage wont suddenly drop just because plume and cyclone are maxed early on, if that's what you're thinking.

Actually in lvl 47 i have a wheel of fate +1, +35 m atk +6vit -3%channelling... pretty sockets (+36 m atk with shards), with that i hit very hard on my lvl mobs now... i take 7-8 mag points every 2 lvls (i care a bit of VIT... i like some survivability). But also this way (1747-2293 matk, lvl 47 is not bad i think) i see that for many lvl 50+ mobs i need 5 hit... and im scared that the long way to lv.60 (and the long way to the Ancient Harbor, that i see in Harshlands is incredibly cheap, i see basic ones (1 socket +56 matk extra bonus only) sold for 220k lol) will become longer with need to kill mobs with... omg 6-7 hits b:cry

OT question: when i get the second spark and the advanced eruption?
  • nederlandse
    edited August 2009
    lol why would you use tempest as an opener against mobs? Yes you may one hit them, but if u don't u could have 6+ mobs running at you. Unless ur aoe grinding on poison mobs, u don't need tempest while grinding.

6+ mobs headed your way? simple solution- FLY. b:chuckle

I'd use tempest for one simple reason- 1shot several mobs = all the gained exp of those mobs in 5 seconds as opposed to 2-3 minutes

• Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    if u FLY, u have just wasted the two sparks, just advanced spark eruption and take down mobs fast.

also what mobs are u one shotting with tempest, and what lvl is ur tempest??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • nederlandse
    edited August 2009
    if u FLY, u have just wasted the two sparks, just advanced spark eruption and take down mobs fast.

also what mobs are u one shotting with tempest, and what lvl is ur tempest??

its a theoretical idea in the first place, considering i was using level 10 tempest in my post to show its potential

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    wrote:
    Ancient Harbor

T_T go harbor go lol
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    T_T go harbor go lol

't was a little fail.. Arbor!
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    't was a little fail.. Arbor!

^^yes.....but in my case its go Grief's breath go ^^
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ewwwwwwww
    griefs breath
    its all about survivablity b:shocked
    i prefer ashura sign b:cute
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    ewwwwwwww
    griefs breath
    its all about survivablity b:shocked
    i prefer ashura sign b:cute

yea i took it for endgame....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    yea i took it for endgame....

inferno heaven ravager for the WIN
    its like the most awesome weapon EVER
    it got damage AND survivablity b:cute
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    inferno heaven ravager for the WIN
    its like the most awesome weapon EVER
    it got damage AND survivablity b:cute

Isn't it lvl 60 TT right? lol
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Isn't it lvl 60 TT right? lol

my bad :\
    ya go ancient arbor
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    my bad :\
    ya go ancient arbor

Feewww :D

(Message must be at least 10 charachters? lol)
  • Jahailad - Lost City
    Jahailad - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    just use plume shell and great cyclone as filler moves between weild thunder and razor feathers

and when your a high enough lvl to max your tempest mobs are gonna be way stronger now at your lvl it may 1-shot like that but i bet in 7-8xs it doesnt do a much dmg as a double sparked weild thunder and razor feathers does
    or maybe a little more but after the weild thunder/razor feathers you can just use plume and cyclone which will still benifite from the double spark