Refining Transfer Unavailable

Marhalt - Sanctuary
Marhalt - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Chronicles
I did a search and came up with nothing. Apologies up front if I missed the post on this.

Was wondering how long refining transfer will be unavailable. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marhalt
Post edited by Marhalt - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The last word on this from a GM said they have no intention of ever implementing this.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1995421&postcount=4
    Kantorek wrote: »
    We currently have no plans to release Chienkun stones.
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    Starrr - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    refining transfer would be good for players but bad for PWI's bottom line. therefore they will never be added because PWI cares more about their pocket books. more players are starting to notice this and are starting to get sick of how this game is run.
    Staring at the wall is much more rewarding than playing PW.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    D:

I was hoping it would get implemented - if only for +12s.

Surely, it makes little difference to PWI financially. If an archer sells his +12bow ingame and buys a +12 crossbow with ingame money it is the same thing as getting a refine transfer since PWI don't get anymore money out of that player?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    refining transfer would be good for players but bad for PWI's bottom line. therefore they will never be added because PWI cares more about their pocket books. more players are starting to notice this and are starting to get sick of how this game is run.

Wouldn't the opposite be true? If we added this item people would buy it constantly, and then the same accusations would be made. People are going to get mad at us regardless of what we do or do not do.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wouldn't the opposite be true? If we added this item people would buy it constantly, and then the same accusations would be made. People are going to get mad at us regardless of what we do or do not do.

do eet, just make it affordable :D
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Depends on the price. Sale or not, refining a single item to +12 is... expensive. To put it lightly. Unless the stones were made to be the price of a nix/herc (or possibly more) anyone who complained about it would be shot down instantly by those of us who remember how it is now: Only being able to refine your "endgame" equips to the max because it's too expensive to bother with any other gears and not worth it in the least to do it for a single set, muchless multiple ones every 10 levels.
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    Starrr - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2009

ok i didnt word it very good. when refining full set of equips costs 22308 gold even with the sale it makes it pretty much impossible to refine equips much before whatever you intend to be your endgame equips. that only covers the refines and doesnt even add in the cost of decent shards.

i wouldnt expect the price to be very low. even if it was 100 gold for the transfer which would make it worthwhile if an item was upgraded to around +9. at least it would give people the option to upgrade some of their lower equips and not have to respend $1000 to upgrade a new item.
    Staring at the wall is much more rewarding than playing PW.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009

poor spoons b:sad
    we wuvs you GMsb:cute
    ....and aryanna >_>

P.S. 900th post
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!!!! Yeah you are right! No matter what, someone is not going to be happy. Can't please the world all at the same time.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    I don't really see why people would complain if it was put into PWI, except if they priced it way out there. But as it is right now.. it is kind of insulting to have the NPC there anyways promoting the idea, but then being told we won't have it. Remove the NPC.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't really see why people would complain if it was put into PWI, except if they priced it way out there. But as it is right now.. it is kind of insulting to have the NPC there anyways promoting the idea, but then being told we won't have it. Remove the NPC.

The QQing would go something like this"

"This is soo unfair, why do the cash shop guys get to transfer their high refines to their new weapons... I only play 30 minutes a day and I do not have any real life money, and it is not fair they get to do it and I can't"

or

"Because of their greed, the company now is messing up the economy, 1 week ago you could find a nice +7 weapon/gear for sale at a resonable price, now they go for 10 times more, we the players that do not use cash shop now cannot get access to high refined gear unless we buy orbs... way to make this a F2P game.... Greed is ruining the game... I jsut want to play for free and not have to work hard and get everything...."

I can think of quite a few other whines, just based on this weeks whinning list with the new stuff put in game.... people even found a way to complain about something new they get for free in addition to the unchanged stuff....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    meh, still it would be easier to remove the npc so we aren't reminded of something another version has and we don't.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    boo4u wrote: »
    yeah i noticed the transfer npc by the crazystone person..if it dont work isnt a form of false advertisement?

No, because the item isn't in the shop. False advertisement would be if we had it in the shop, but there was no NPC to use it. You do not lose anything by not knowing the item isn't in the game, it doesn't harm you in any way.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No, because the item isn't in the shop. False advertisement would be if we had it in the shop, but there was no NPC to use it. You do not lose anything by not knowing the item isn't in the game, it doesn't harm you in any way.

is there anyway to remove the npc then? just seems rather lonely there with no purpose lol b:surrender
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    is there anyway to remove the npc then? just seems rather lonely there with no purpose lol b:surrender

I'll ask about it, but removing NPCs can be hard depending on how many other game functions are tied into them. If that's the case, I assume they left it in because it would be too much work to remove it if they need to add it again later on
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'll ask about it, but removing NPCs can be hard depending on how many other game functions are tied into them. If that's the case, I assume they left it in because it would be too much work to remove it if they need to add it again later on

haha thank you b:victory never really bothered me but the issue will probably pop up again some time =P
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Since you use him to add sockets as well, I have a feeling that NPC will be around forever....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You know thats not what would happen. The entire PWI comunity would be thrilled knowing they could refine their lv 60, 70, 80 weaps and even bound items to as high as they afford cuz it would ultimately be transferred to higher and better items. I myself would love it, considered the best lv 80 bow is auto-bound. The cost of the bow itself isnt high (about 6M to make) for the timeframe you'd be using (about 3~4 months from lv 80~90). Problem is, you need to refine and add sockets+shards so that its dmg can go higher than a normal tt xbow that already with refine+shards is alot cheaper than plain gold bow. So i rather use a weaker bow that i can sell later for a better one than wasting money, shards and dragon orbs to refine a bow that will become completely useless/worthless.
    Trust me, you wouldnt hear a peep from a single player if this transfer system were to be implemented.

Truth is, the income from buying a single stone wouldnt even scratch the surface of what players spend on dragon orbs on each new weapon they buy/make, which is why our little hosts never bothered to implement it. As always, money first, players second.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You know thats not what would happen. The entire PWI comunity would be thrilled knowing they could refine their lv 60, 70, 80 weaps and even bound items to as high as they afford cuz it would ultimately be transferred to higher and better items. I myself would love it, considered the best lv 80 bow is auto-bound. The cost of the bow itself isnt high (about 6M to make) for the timeframe you'd be using (about 3~4 months from lv 80~90). Problem is, you need to refine and add sockets+shards so that its dmg can go higher than a normal tt xbow that already with refine+shards is alot cheaper than plain gold bow. So i rather use a weaker bow that i can sell later for a better one than wasting money, shards and dragon orbs to refine a bow that will become completely useless/worthless.
    Trust me, you wouldnt hear a peep from a single player if this transfer system were to be implemented.

Truth is, the income from buying a single stone wouldnt even scratch the surface of what players spend on dragon orbs on each new weapon they buy/make, which is why our little hosts never bothered to implement it. As always, money first, players second.

I don't think that's the case. I read somewhere (forgot where) that you can only transfer refine to equipment of lower or equal grade as the orginal equipment. The number of stones needed to transfer refinement also increases as the grade of the weapon goes up, kinda works like socket stones.

So you won't be able to transfer a +12 refine to a gx from a supply stash hammer. And it'll probably need quite a bit of those stones to transfer refine from a grade 12 to agrade 12 weapon. Only useful if you're using a temporary weapon.
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't think that's the case. I read somewhere (forgot where) that you can only transfer refine to equipment of lower or equal grade as the orginal equipment. The number of stones needed to transfer refinement also increases as the grade of the weapon goes up, kinda works like socket stones.

So you won't be able to transfer a +12 refine to a gx from a supply stash hammer. And it'll probably need quite a bit of those stones to transfer refine from a grade 12 to agrade 12 weapon. Only useful if you're using a temporary weapon.

I think you can transfer refinement levels to any piece of equipment regardless of item level. Number of stones needed gets increased with item level is what I heard too.

I just checked, it says "Source's Refining Lv. must be higher than target's" so it has nothing to do with item level.
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The last word on this from a GM said they have no intention of ever implementing this.

another example of how greedy PWI is, making us buy dragon orbs all over again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • NeroACH - Sanctuary
    NeroACH - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There is alot of stuff that isnt inplemented from the Pay2Play version of this game. The housing system for instance. I can tell u that if they ever did implement the stones that it wouldnt be cheap by any stretch of the imagination, and ofc complaining would follow. If i remember correctly the managment for this version of the game has very little to do with decisions on when stuff is released. They r at the will of what is sent to them from the original programers for this version. So assuming i am not mistaken, complaining about this kind of stuff on these forums is some what pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Icefire_ - Lost City
    _Icefire_ - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Wow b:shocked, well, forget this server then xD. Kinda sucky that you can't transfer refine, since this server is much better ran than my en. But really, no fortune stones=fail. It's really good for f2players like me, and being a wizard (mage) on the other server and going the f2p route hasn't been easy >_>. Fortune stones really did make it possible for me to get really nice eq without wasting too much time/money.

Don't see it happening period b:surrender I remember on the server i play on when they requested that gold HH eq be unsoulbound, they told our GMs that it was impossible due to it being in all version of the game already. Would be strange that they would change a npc for only 1 server that doesn't use fortune stones b:chuckle
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Nice necro dude.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • _Icefire_ - Lost City
    _Icefire_ - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Nice necro dude.

woops, xD, epic fail b:laugh seems my post went to the completey wrong thread b:shocked
  • eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
This discussion has been closed.