Auto-Path Feature.

Tehdemon - Dreamweaver
Tehdemon - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
Just wondering, wouldn't it be pretty neat to get an ETA for an autopath? Sometimes i find myself wondering if its worth saving the coin to just fly there or not.

Say auto-path from Lost City to Arch. When you click the auto-path box comes up as normal, but just has an ETA Such as 0:27:52 (h/m/s) Something similiar.

the math basics are already there, for instance, in the air I move at 6.1 m/s. The distance to the target area could be determined by game, and then calculated.

Yay or nay? Thoughts or Comments? b:pleased
Post edited by Tehdemon - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zuuka - Sanctuary
    Zuuka - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That would be a nice feature, maybe put it under Suggestions.
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It is definitely worth saving the coin. You can just go afk while you fly. I usually read manga while i fly and check back every 3 minutes usually.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It is definitely worth saving the coin. You can just go afk while you fly. I usually read manga while i fly and check back every 3 minutes usually.

Agreed, always worth it. Still, it would be a nice addition.

Should be moved into suggestions though. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:surrenderETA?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tehdemon - Dreamweaver
    Tehdemon - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:surrenderETA?

Estimated Time of Arrival b:victory
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol ETA sounds so damn military...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Forums > Mangeb:victory

There would be alot of calculations to made on each server to give you a time of arrival though
  • Xaix - Dreamweaver
    Xaix - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2009

tht is exactly wht i do xD, but sometimes i use my panther so now autopathing there
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This would be hard to implement LC to Arch depending on how fast you ae going eta 5 or 10 min or so.

I don't use auto pathe as much I used to I click on top of my screen that does it for me.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    to all those saying this would be hard to implement... i know plenty of MMORPGs that have autopath countdown timers (Jade Dynasty has one if i remember right)

so yea, easy as can be, just a little extra coding...

GMs/Mods, move to suggestions plz b:thanks

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Be happy you got autopath :P many times b4 it was around I would come back from afk and would have flown right to the edge of the map... :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
  • Sabariel - Lost City
    Sabariel - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Great idea b:thanks

I don't think the calculations would put much of a strain of the server, all it would need to do is divide the distance by your speed.
    b:bye PW
  • DeadHammer - Dreamweaver
    DeadHammer - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    o-o what I would like to see on this is the auto path takeing the roads so im not always attacked by lvl 51 monsters (it has happen >.>) at lvl 13 and dieing cuz im running through an open area T~T Thats all....
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Great idea b:thanks

I don't think the calculations would put much of a strain of the server, all it would need to do is divide the distance by your speed.

Speed changes, since you can accelerate when flying.
    Also, if you run there or use mount you have to take into account the terrain, mount speed, running speed, since you travel up and down.... and cross rivers.

If you fly you have to take into account the time it takes to reach the altitute you want to fly at (that may throw calc off by 1-2 minutes tops I woudl guess). However, there is a range of speeds for the flyers, from +0 to +3, and accelarions to add to that.

Although it is not rocket science, it is not "that" simple either.

It would be nice to get an approximation of how long it takes, however, after you do it a couple of time, you pretty much know how long it takes you to go from arc to dwp, or to 1k streams, or where ever you usualy travel to, so most people would end up ignoring the eta or ask for it to be toggleable, and have it set to off, to not clutter the screen if they are flying to their usual places.

I think it is a nice idea, I just do not see it as something I would almost ever use.... and if there was not way to toggle it off (like our darn genies), I would be the first complaining about how it crowds the user interface.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's only a matter of time before you can guesstimate the time it takes to get there, and I always find a way to pass the time, albeit goin afk or talkin to fac mems. Sometimes I even get dissapointed that it doesn't take longer to get there.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]