Money-making through Catshop?

Mitsuo - Harshlands
Mitsuo - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
I've heard of people making millions of coins through lv1 'throwaway' Catshop acounts. How is it that they do this? What sort of items do they merchant?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Mitsuo - Harshlands on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It helps to get hot items. Lately you could buy Guardian Angels for 58k and sell for 65k+ reasonably fast. I used to buy SoF/PF for 1.8k and below and sell for 2.3k. You need to keep a constant eye on the market and hope that PW doesn't **** you by changing values. I've made 100k purchases on items I've sold for 7m, 400k for 1.2m, etc. I've also bought a misty for 6.5m and ended up selling for 3.5m -thanks pwi for changing npc prices.-jerks!

Is it greed? It's part of the game. People selling cheap want the coin fast for something they plan to buy. I'm aiding them in getting that coin fast and basically getting paid interest to hold it a little longer.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Simple rule: Buy low, sell high.

See all those feathers/source of force getting sold for ~2k during a sale? Stock up on them and once the sale is over, sell them back for the regular market price of 2.5k (or whatever) each. Found someone selling dull claws for 3k? Buy em and then sell those back for 5k. New mounts in the cash shop? Buy em on the first day and sell them while the price is still high, then laugh when the price falls and you can easily buy it back with what you sold it for but still have extra left over.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    Simple rule: Buy low, sell high.

See all those feathers/source of force getting sold for ~2k during a sale? Stock up on them and once the sale is over, sell them back for the regular market price of 2.5k (or whatever) each. Found someone selling dull claws for 3k? Buy em and then sell those back for 5k. New mounts in the cash shop? Buy em on the first day and sell them while the price is still high, then laugh when the price falls and you can easily buy it back with what you sold it for but still have extra left over.

AKA: Do your best to kill the game by destroying the ingame econ in the name of greed.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Not really. Works in the real world too.

I wouldn't expect a retail store to buy an item that it sells to me, and then sell it to me at the exact price I bought it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Camigirl - Sanctuary
    Camigirl - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Not really. Works in the real world too.

I wouldn't expect a retail store to buy an item that it sells to me, and then sell it to me at the exact price I bought it.

Exactly...the only thing ruining the PWI Economy is high gold prices in AH. Not ppl buying cheap items and selling high.
  • Brab - Lost City
    Brab - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Zoe: it's called capitalism, and it's a viable economic system.

Pls QQ moar.
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    AKA: Do your best to kill the game by destroying the ingame econ in the name of greed.

Lol welcome to the real world b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Lol, that reminds me of some other stuff you can do, like buying all the -% channeling gear you can find cheap and selling it for 1m+! -Monopolize FTW!

i don't do this myself
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    U basically buy loot trough you cat shop, stuff that ppl need on daily basis like; mid mats, subs, mirage, cs, cube stuff etc.

Than u sell in the cat shop at the same time, but u have normal market price. And the shop will kinda take care of it self. Like u buy 50 mid mats for 1.5k and u sell them for 2.5k etc. But tbh it doesnt render as much money as people think. You wont make millions everyday, its so many cat shop buying and selling and if u lower your prices to compete, the profit gets so small its ridiculous. I did it when i was dirt poor long time ago before i had herc, think i made like 300-500k per day max.