Blazing Arrow

OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
I've a question regarding blazing arrow.

The description reads: Adds (blank)% of weapon attack in Fire Damage to regular arrows for 10 minutes.

The question is: Does this add an additional attack on top of your regular attack rate or does it take (blank)% of your regular attack and make it Fire Damage?

Any factual information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Post edited by OneHottShot - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Fear_Arrows - Sanctuary
    Fear_Arrows - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It adds additional damage to your normal attack. The best way I have heard it described is: Think of it as shooting two arrows, one is your normal arrow and the other is the Blazing Arrow.

ALWAYS have Blazing Arrow on you when fighting, no matter what type the mob is, it will increase your damage. If its a water mob, it will increase your damage but not as much as a metal mob. You will never do less damage because of having Blazing Arrow currently buffed.
    "damage over time skills are near useless.. the only reason I use any of them is against bosses because the animations for them look pretty good." -Keroman
  • aurinsghost
    aurinsghost Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As mentioned above, it adds additional damage to your normal attacks but does not add any additional damage to your skill attacks. Keep it maxed and always keep this buff going, it is by far the most useful skill in an archers repertoire.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Not according to Astrelle. As she said in http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=342851 :
    Not all skills just the ones that take 1 arrow to cast

Test on an FB89 Metal Immune mob...

No blazing arrow
    Thundershock = resist
    Lightning Strike = resist
    Thunderous Blast = resist

With blazing arrow
    Thundershock ~450 dam
    Lightning Strike ~450 dam
    Thunderous Blast = resist
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I've a question regarding blazing arrow.

The description reads: Adds (blank)% of weapon attack in Fire Damage to regular arrows for 10 minutes.

The question is: Does this add an additional attack on top of your regular attack rate or does it take (blank)% of your regular attack and make it Fire Damage?

Any factual information would be appreciated. Thanks.

It ADDS an extra fire component to your normal attacks (Asterelle has run an experiment and her findings are that skills that cost 1 ammunition also have the extra fire damage component so I guess we could take that as a start and accept her findings unless proven otherwise).

It does NOT CONVERT XX% of your physical damage to fire.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Any skill that uses 1 arrow/bolt/shot will have it's damage increased by the effects of blazing arrow.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Any skill that uses 1 arrow/bolt/shot will have it's damage increased by the effects of blazing arrow.

OP asked what the skill does, not what it affects. :/
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    So even though apparently not everyone agrees, we can all agree that it does not convert your normal attack. It just adds a certain % of fire damage to all normal arrow attacks?

Now is that all attacks which use arrows? Or are there some skills that it does not work with?
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So even though apparently not everyone agrees, we can all agree that it does not convert your normal attack. It just adds a certain % of fire damage to all normal arrow attacks?

Now is that all attacks which use arrows? Or are there some skills that it does not work with?

From what someone tested, it works with all skills that use only 1 arrow, bolt or unit of shot, not with the ones that require 2 (Thunderous Blast) or more (Barrage of Arrows).
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    An easy test in FB89 Eden.

The 9 tailed fox is fire immune.

If you have another archer in your party have them turn on blazing arrow and you will see RESIST on their normal shots (you will not see it on your own shots with or without blazing though everyone else in your party can). The resist comes from the added fire damage.

Have them cycle through every skill. Almost all have resist show up.

The added damage is a percent of your equipment attack (weapon damage + rings). It is always added at the end of damage calculations and so is not multiplied by bow mastery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    An easy test in FB89 Eden.

The 9 tailed fox is fire immune.

If you have another archer in your party have them turn on blazing arrow and you will see RESIST on their normal shots (you will not see it on your own shots with or without blazing though everyone else in your party can). The resist comes from the added fire damage.

Have them cycle through every skill. Almost all have resist show up.

The added damage is a percent of your equipment attack (weapon damage + rings). It is always added at the end of damage calculations and so is not multiplied by bow mastery.

Ok. I think this answered most of my questions. At a higher level it may or may not be an issue, but right now any percent of my hits potentially being taken away would be a lot :) Thanks to everyone for answering.