Glitches with the New Patch

nicolelover
nicolelover Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Support Desk
Hey all. I'v been noticing that since the last patch, my character glitches (Like Move back to its original place after a jump or a movement ) very often. I would want the GMs to check on this problem =(. Its really annoying and cant do anything. It doesnt happen all the time but once it does, theres no way to get out of it.

The glitching movements keep repeating on itself and I died several times thanks to it while killing mobs. Cant kill any land mobs anymore due to the glitch. I'm aware that this problem existed even before the patch but not to this extent and perhaps only in a minor form in a few FBs etc. Now the Glitching is insane, happens at West Arch, Happens when I jump away to escape from a mob, happens everywhere =( Few of my Guildies confirmed this too. I request the GMs to look into this probelem b:thanks

Its Really halting my grinding since i always AOE on land mobs and once a few mobs are onto me and I try to escape and it glitches, there is no other way to escape from them, since my jumping or running movement keeps repeating for a certain time period ( Around 5 - 10x) till I'm killed by the mobs. b:angry
Post edited by nicolelover on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hey all. I'v been noticing that since the last patch, my character glitches (Like Move back to its original place after a jump or a movement ) very often. I would want the GMs to check on this problem =(. Its really annoying and cant do anything. It doesnt happen all the time but once it does, theres no way to get out of it.

The glitching movements keep repeating on itself and I died several times thanks to it while killing mobs. Cant kill any land mobs anymore due to the glitch. I'm aware that this problem existed even before the patch but not to this extent and perhaps only in a minor form in a few FBs etc. Now the Glitching is insane, happens at West Arch, Happens when I jump away ro escape from a mob, happens everywhere =( Few of my Guildies confirmed this too. I request the GMs to look into this probelem b:thanks

Its Really halting my grinding since i always AOE on land mobs and once a few mobs are onto me and I try to escape and it glitches, there is no other way to escape from them, since my jumping or running movement keeps repeating for a certain time period ( Around 5 - 10x) till I'm killed by the mobs. b:angry

The GMs have indicated that they're aware of you resetting back to the ground when you try to fly from jumping. I'm not sure if that's exactly what you mean, but that's what it sounds like.

Until it gets fixed, I've discovered that letting yourself fall a bit before flying stops it, unless you're on top of an NPC. But then you're probably not running from mobs anyway. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Amarta - Sanctuary
    Amarta - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's not a glitch, they just increased the escape velocity of World Quest NPCs' heads a lot. :)
  • Lady_Selan - Sanctuary
    Lady_Selan - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well it happens a lot during the mount race as well causing me to land in the water which my kitty does not like.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So it's not just me, this was pissing me off no end in yesterday's TW b:angry
    I like pie
  • Feyrnd - Sanctuary
    Feyrnd - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    this problem also happens to me very often
    1. when i land to an NPC for WQ, take the wq quest (or exchange), then press fly, then autopath to next NPC, then i get myself keep resetting to the orriginal point.
    2. yesterday during TT 1-3, i lured vipenalt snake from its room and head outside, then i straight jump down to where dimentora was, i landed on the transparent box and then i found myself cannot get down from it, i just keep reset to original point on top of the box.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i think clicking the ground helps
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's not a glitch, they just increased the escape velocity of World Quest NPCs' heads a lot. :)

I lol'd pretty hard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I've also noticed this problem is worse than it ever was. Its more glitchy. (yeah I know thats not a real word) Nothing really helps til it finishes its cycle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.