why??? now its impossible to pull things without veno... b:angry
Post edited by exileddw on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    We'll have PWE look into it.

Keep in mind the game is constantly being upgraded and changed to be better balanced.

Thanks for telling us!

b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • KatieMorgan - Sanctuary
    KatieMorgan - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    thx GM- could you please tell us as soon as you find out whether this is a bug or a permanent change? i need to decide if i have to reconfigure my genies now...
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I would assume permanent until you see if anything gets mentioned in the patch notes.

But that is just me b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Myelene - Sanctuary
    Myelene - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i have a question here so if they "messed up" extreme poison it was better?? i just got genie with extreme poison after blade of extreme heat loss it -20% to metal resistance
    so how was extreme poison before and -i know how is now but- how is now, something like a comparition or is because you cant lure anymore with it???

because i think extreme poison is awesome now

-i really didnt know how to lure with genies so if you can still lure tell me please-
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Before the patch, you were able to use Extreme Poison on a single target that is cluttered in a group of mobs and safely pull it towards you without aggroing the others. But now, you can't do that.

I don't know if there are other skills that will allow you to do this, however. ):
  • KatieMorgan - Sanctuary
    KatieMorgan - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    it's somewhat frustrating that a change like this would be made without any warning, because the ability of the EP skill to pull was never mentioned anywhere as being a bug (to the best of my knowledge). i stuck over 500k stamina into a genie that i use almost exclusively for pulling, and now that genie is pretty much worthless.

since it now sounds like this change is permanent, i plan on reconfiguring this genie for another purpose. if the EP skill then gets reverted back after i reconfigure, then i will b:cry
  • Lissah - Lost City
    Lissah - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I would assume permanent until you see if anything gets mentioned in the patch notes.

But that is just me b:victory

shouldn't it be the other way around? not permanent til its mentioned in the patch that it is? And if it is as you say, permanent why didnt they TELL us in patch notes? Tbh these convenient glitches make me quite angry >.< I mean why the smoke and mirrors if they want to change things and make things more balanced? Cuz this isn't just an issue with extreme poison its any genie skill that can be used to lure. I used to use poison dart if I thought I'd aggro more than one with my pet. And my barb friend used a zeal genie skill (idk what it was but he says it doesn't work anymore) Honestly, it would cause a lot less frustration and annoyance if someone actually MENTIONED these things ahead of time rather than just pull the rug out from under players. On that note, I love perfect world...I just want some better explanation for things b:cry
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Sometimes the devs change things which there is no way we can test every single race and genie skills. Thankfully, we have tons of players like you all that tell us when things aren't working the way they are suppose to.

They change things for balancing issues, and to adhere to their designs.

My GUESS is that it was a bug in the first place that those skills pulled single mobs because they weren't suppose to.

The devs change many things in the game all the time. The patch notes usually contain the major changes.

Just do what we do, and adapt to the new "rules" and find new ways to accomplish your in-game goals.
  • Lissah - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Sometimes the devs change things which there is no way we can test every single race and genie skills. Thankfully, we have tons of players like you all that tell us when things aren't working the way they are suppose to.

They change things for balancing issues, and to adhere to their designs.

My GUESS is that it was a bug in the first place that those skills pulled single mobs because they weren't suppose to.

The devs change many things in the game all the time. The patch notes usually contain the major changes.

Just do what we do, and adapt to the new "rules" and find new ways to accomplish your in-game goals.

I understand that, but to avoid confusion it would be awesome if they could "tweak" things and tell us that they're doing it. I mean, I used to be a huge WoW freak, and one good thing about their patch notes, was if they were gonna change anything, they told us. So, usually (unless there were glitches) there were no surprises. I kinda liked that because it seemed more honest. I know that everything isn't covered all the time, but it would be nice to have a little more complete picture of what our patches actually are. Cuz I have to believe that this was included IN the patch as it changed with it, so they would have known ahead of time to warn us. I would have thought changing anything related to genie skills would have been big enough for mention b:surrender
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I understand that, but to avoid confusion it would be awesome if they could "tweak" things and tell us that they're doing it. I mean, I used to be a huge WoW freak, and one good thing about their patch notes, was if they were gonna change anything, they told us. So, usually (unless there were glitches) there were no surprises. I kinda liked that because it seemed more honest. I know that everything isn't covered all the time, but it would be nice to have a little more complete picture of what our patches actually are. Cuz I have to believe that this was included IN the patch as it changed with it, so they would have known ahead of time to warn us. I would have thought changing anything related to genie skills would have been big enough for mention b:surrender

Sometimes when new code implemented, old code changed without even the GM's knowing. Remember the GM's don't exactly have access to the coding and whatnot, so they only have the gist of what the patch will have. They're not hiding...they're just finding out with the rest of us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Lissah - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Sometimes when new code implemented, old code changed without even the GM's knowing. Remember the GM's don't exactly have access to the coding and whatnot, so they only have the gist of what the patch will have. They're not hiding...they're just finding out with the rest of us.
    I'm not saying the GMS. I'm saying programmers should make their patch notes more thorough if they're gonna implement things or tweek things in game. I know gms don't really have any way to control what does or does not go on in the game code. However, they can pass along my message b:victory
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2009
    Options
    We pass along everything :)

What they do with it, isn't up to us b:victory
  • Lissah - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    We pass along everything :)

What they do with it, isn't up to us b:victory

Oh for sure!! Hopefully things are taken care of for us all b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.