Xiaoqin - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I agree whole heartedly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    내 영혼이 내게에서 수백 년 전 날아 ~
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I...don't, because I've never experienced any of those problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • ZNartist - Lost City
    ZNartist - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I...don't, because I've never experienced any of those problems.

well your also on a different server, trust me ive herd 8 people complain about it so far, im not the only one.
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Totally agree D:

If it's been reported then they're probably already working on a fix... Or at least thinking about working on it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    well your also on a different server, trust me ive herd 8 people complain about it so far, im not the only one.

ಠ_ಠ

...I don't like you. You know why? After heading back to the game after posting my comment, I suffered the glitch.

...stupid Karma.

..well, if you're on a flying mount, the easiest way to fix it is to dismount, run a bit, then remount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm all for this fix. b:victory
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Amber_ - Sanctuary
    Amber_ - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I concur.

I was stuck on a blacksmith for like ten minutes i couldnt even fly away xD
  • Dekunutter - Harshlands
    Dekunutter - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Happens to me faaaar too much when I jump off high areas like mountains. Which I do alot. Also when I teleport to Wellspring village I get stuck for minutes on end. Getting pulled bck again and again. It's annoying. FIX IT!
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    HA let it happen when your running for your life from mobs-_- something that happens to me all.....the......time
  • cris12822
    cris12822 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This problem was NEVER fixed. I can't go like 5 minutes without this annoying thing happening to me. ITS SO ANNOYING. It's obviosuly not hard to fix bc NO other MMO has this issue. There free and they run smoother why can't u just fix this. Please ITS THE MOST ANNOYING THING IN THE GAME
  • Gregzky - Lost City
    Gregzky - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I had this problem as well. I have a dual-core 64-bit AMD processor. I download and installed a dual core optimizer (ver. 1.1.4) from AMD's website and all my rubberbanding probs disappeared.
    I got this tip from PW tech support, they also suggested installing the latest drivers for your AMD processors.
  • Dimitrik - Dreamweaver
    Dimitrik - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I get hammered with the glitch all the time, but let's be fair. It has nothing to do with your system. Zip. Nadda. It has to do with the game itself - a layering issue, I believe. I base my theory on when it happens most and what seems to trigger it.

1.) Dropping from large heights, especially with bumping into slopes/objects along the way.

2.) Jumping/landing on NPCs' heads.

It's my belief that the glitch happens somewhere between where the character actually is and where he/she last met a solid object/adjusted trajectory/slowed down. Hence why flying immediately fixes the issue: no reconciliation between where you should be and where you might be, because you have completely free mobility.

Because of the nature of the glitch, it does seem like a fairly difficult one to solve in its totality, but they are making progress. You'll notice on the patch updates a few mentions of places where rubberbanding has been corrected.

Of course, I don't know for absolute fact the ins and outs of this nefarious glitch. But if you take those two factors mentioned above into account, hopefully you'll be able to avoid it more in the future. It's not a complete fix, but kind've a band-aid, I guess.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
This discussion has been closed.