So how are you supposed to play this game without money?

Options
2»

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    20 dq81s gets you crazystone - less than 30min of grinding.

That's over 42 minutes worth of income gone per day or ~1/4 of a moderate gamer's game time in addition to the coin to xp ratio adjustment it causes. It may not be so noticeable for someone playing ~14 hours a day, but it will be very much so for others.

i realize that archers grind cheap, but wizards can't be that bad either. at the very least, no repair costs like what melee classes have to deal with right?

Archers have to buy Ammo while Wizards can just take a break and dig mats or something.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yes but lets be real. The ONLY way you did that was with REAL money. With what the event stuff is going for, there is no way you bought angels or spent 100k per item and came out ahead. Just not happening. So you either used real money or had a hand out. I don't dispute you may have made 15 mil, but with scarlet fruit at 30k and lowering and the same with the other things.. its not feesible that you did it any other way.

You're wrong. I am now sitting on about 200mil cions and I don't use real money. The only thing you need to do is taking advantage of events and make coins. Why do you think gold's so high right now? Because people are buying gold in order to make profit. Yes, even with gold price around 170k per, there is still profit to be made with Jolly Jones. I, myself, made a little coins by selling off all of my event foods, oracle I's, scarlet fruits, and molds. If I decide to sell off everything that I got from this event (Oracle II's, III's and shards), I would have a lot more coins.
    It beats the hell out of grinding and mat farming for coins for sure.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You're wrong. I am now sitting on about 200mil cions and I don't use real money. The only thing you need to do is taking advantage of events and make coins. Why do you think gold's so high right now? Because people are buying gold in order to make profit. Yes, even if gold price is around 170k per, there is still profit to be made. with Jolly Jones. I, myself, made a little coins by selling off all of my event foods, oracle I's, scarlet fruits, and molds. If I decide to sell off everything that I got from this event (Oracle II's, III's and shards), I would have a lot more coins.
    sorry but I don't believe it, and even if it is true u are 1 of 10000 so it doesn't make this game free

also if everyone was doing what u suggest no1 would be buying gold and therefore create profite for
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You're wrong. I am now sitting on about 200mil cions and I don't use real money. The only thing you need to do is taking advantage of events and make coins. Why do you think gold's so high right now? Because people are buying gold in order to make profit. Yes, even with gold price around 170k per, there is still profit to be made with Jolly Jones. I, myself, made a little coins by selling off all of my event foods, oracle I's, scarlet fruits, and molds. If I decide to sell off everything that I got from this event (Oracle II's, III's and shards), I would have a lot more coins.

200 MIL at level 90 without the use of cash shop to make money? I do not believe that. PERIOD! Even if you played 8 hours a day that still wouldn't compute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    200 MIL at level 90 without the use of cash shop to make money? I do not believe that. PERIOD! Even if you played 8 hours a day that still wouldn't compute.

You don't need to play 8 hours a day to catshop.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You don't need to play 8 hours a day to catshop.

NOwhere in that post did I say ANYTHING about a catshop. CASH SHOP!!! CASH SHOP!!! CASH SHOP!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    That's over 42 minutes worth of income gone per day or ~1/4 of a moderate gamer's game time in addition to the coin to xp ratio adjustment it causes. It may not be so noticeable for someone playing ~14 hours a day, but it will be very much so for others.

believe it or not, i play about 4 hours a day, even less sometimes. most of the time i afk above a grind spot. but 500k a day is perfectly attainable at my rate of playing. 14 hours is ****ing insane, i can't even be at my comp for more than 2 hours at a time without having something interrupt me, hence why i've never done rebirth or ran many TTs. it's true that if i really save up for something, i forgo cs, but at least i'm not so poor i wont be able to afford my equipment by the time i get to lvl90
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

It's easily believable. I could have more than that and I'm only lvl 87. I just tend to splurge and keep only ~20-30m on hand.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    NOwhere in that post did I say ANYTHING about a catshop. CASH SHOP!!! CASH SHOP!!! CASH SHOP!!!

I'm just pointing out that you don't need to actually play 8+ hours a day to make coins.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    if ur smart you can trade and make MILIONS in a few weeks, ive got some 60/70 mil right now for example all made within 1.5 month
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm just pointing out that you don't need to actually play 8+ hours a day to make coins.

Perhaps this is why they say venos are the richest class. You can kill much faster. You have a pet that kills and you yourself can kill as well. So I guess that makes sense. You of course do not have to play 8 hours a day to make coins. But for those with millions and millions upon millions, they play more than the average 2 hours or less a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Perhaps this is why they say venos are the richest class. You can kill much faster. You have a pet that kills and you yourself can kill as well. So I guess that makes sense. You of course do not have to play 8 hours a day to make coins. But for those with millions and millions upon millions, they play more than the average 2 hours or less a day.

im the fourth richest person on sanct, the second richest if you dont count the ppl who spend real money and i tell you you dont need to play hours upon hours to make a fortune just trade!!!!!!!!! its not hard, go sell shards do events, RB, TT its easy as hell
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    im the fourth richest person on sanct, the second richest if you dont count the ppl who spend real money and i tell you you dont need to play hours upon hours to make a fortune just trade!!!!!!!!! its not hard, go sell shards do events, RB, TT its easy as hell

b:shocked4th....wait a minute?b:dirtythen whos the first? mee wanaa have first person....b:dirty
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Perhaps this faction felt you were demanding too much as a new recruit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options

My coins did not come from grinding or TT even. You will never make much by grinding and TT takes too much effort/time. Catshopping only requires you to leave your computer on with no need to actually play.

FYI, I only get on my veno to do dailies and TW and has been that way since level 80.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I quit farming TT. I found is not money worth it unless you can do it as venos.

I prefer to grind mobs for hrs.

I think you can play this game by getting coins in grinding. In my case I dont use TT armor, I will use my first set at TT90. I use 4 TT weapons on my main. which means I can always get the coins to get the weapons.

right now, I;m saving for my TT90 gear and stop investing on skills. I;m using my spirits to invest on two genies that I have.

Again, you can do it. It all depends on selecting the right mobs.
  • Amarta - Sanctuary
    Amarta - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Be smarter than the economy and the majority of the players around you (shouldn't be too hard), know when and what to buy and sell, and you can be rich in no time, without even playing the game.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yo, OP, goto sea of isolation, kill fish, voila. coin. quit complaining, end thread.
    go away.
  • Brab - Lost City
    Brab - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    For some reason, reading the OP'd post made my fingers gravitate towards the upper left letter on my keyboard.

OH NO THERE IT GOES

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQq
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    if ur smart you can trade and make MILIONS in a few weeks, ive got some 60/70 mil right now for example all made within 1.5 month

I have always been bad at this maybe because I ma older and don't have the patients.Who is the richest has to be either Leg. lder or Nef.

I would say to the op be patient about earning money in another game I Play you would have to farm a good solid 4 to 5 hrs a day to make any decent gold earnings.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yo, OP, goto sea of isolation, kill fish, voila. coin. quit complaining, end thread.
    go away.
    follow this advice, all youll ever need
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    my recent trade attempt got booboo'd by the new chip costs for molds...

but this jolly jones event should be very promising
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Narcotic - Harshlands
    Narcotic - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

That's very nice and all. All advocating reselling must keep in mind that all the time you spend checking Auction House and Cat Shops for good deals to resell must be counted as time playing game. Many saying the only play a few hours a day is not right when they have to do all the scouring of shops and research to make extra money reselling products. That still time playing. you cant just count grinding and FBs as time actually playing. Anytime a player is logged on and controlling the character is time playing game.

A wizard the lvl of OP should be able to earn about 100k an hour just grinding. And you can earn a bit of XP, spirit and Rep during that hour. He is too dumb or too lazy to grind it sounds. Grind 10 hours a week and you should be able to support your character easy.

Right now i supporting 4 characters Crazy Stone quest and yes i have an 80+ wizard. I have received no guild salary to date. I bought all my TT mats for my TT weapons with money earned from grinding.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That's very nice and all. All advocating reselling must keep in mind that all the time you spend checking Auction House and Cat Shops for good deals to resell must be counted as time playing game. Many saying the only play a few hours a day is not right when they have to do all the scouring of shops and research to make extra money reselling products. That still time playing. you cant just count grinding and FBs as time actually playing. Anytime a player is logged on and controlling the character is time playing game.

A wizard the lvl of OP should be able to earn about 100k an hour just grinding. And you can earn a bit of XP, spirit and Rep during that hour. He is too dumb or too lazy to grind it sounds. Grind 10 hours a week and you should be able to support your character easy.

Right now i supporting 4 characters Crazy Stone quest and yes i have an 80+ wizard. I have received no guild salary to date. I bought all my TT mats for my TT weapons with money earned from grinding.

Is there a reason you must hurl insults? Stating that someone is too dumb or lazy is very insulting. I have saved up quite a bit by lvl 70, by the time I acquired all my gears for lvl 70 including weapon I had nothing much left. I went thru almost 70 levels of my first character before I really even knew much about the game other than kill and quest.

OP could maybe be considered uninformed. But to call him dumb and lazy down right indicates you can not get through life without putting others down to make you feel better. There is just no call for it, at all. We are all happy for you that your a multi millionaire in game, but you know what; I can have almost as much fun if not more without millions. Its all in what you are here for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options

well yah, im not going to deny the efficiency of grinding, in fact i highly advocate it for ranged classes, but you have to admit that a lot of profit involves afk time in catshop mode...not necessarily checking AH all the time. i literally woke up, had all my garnets sold, bought them back at a cheaper price, and got a few citrines from the profit. that's so stupidly easy. it just takes a little time (probably while waiting for cs) setting up catshop with the right stuff for the night.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You'll have to grind.

Go near the Sadistic Cave and kill robots. They drop good stuff that you can put in the auction house.

And for crazy stone, the gems are cheaper when bought from the auction house.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Originally Posted by Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    go away.
    even better than sadistic glee
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Plenty of good suggestions and advice within this thread.

There is, however, a lot of flaming as well.

Thread locking mechanism, engaged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.