Add a verify dialog before dropping coins on the ground

Solandri - Heavens Tear
Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
Right now the same interface is used to trade coins, to add coins to mailboxes, transfer coins to the bank, or to drop coins on the ground. You pop up your inventory, click on the coins, enter an amount, and click Done.

With the first two, you get a chance to confirm after you do this. In a trade, the amount of coins you entered will show up in the trade box for you to confirm before trading. With mail, the amount of coins you entered will show up in the letter you're writing before you send it. The bank needs no confirmation because you're in control of both sides of the transaction.

But if you drop it on the ground, there is no confirmation. It just goes straight to the ground. Twice now I've accidentally dropped coins on the ground. Once when I thought I was trading, and once when opened the mailbox but forgot to click Write to start a letter. The first time I lagged and wasn't able to pick up the 1 million coin I dropped before someone else did. The second time I was able to pick up the 7.7 million coin I dropped immediately. I don't want to think about what if I had lagged that time. I've also seen people accidentally drop coins semi-frequently near the banker. Often they don't even notice it and someone else picks it up.

As I see it, the problem is that when you use the coin selector for trading, mailing, or banking, clicking "Done" simpliy confirms the amount of coin you wish to transfer. It doesn't do anything that's potentially unrecoverable - there's a separate confirmation for that (or none necessary if at the bank). But if you think you're in one of these modes but you aren't, clicking "Done" confirms both the amount of coin and the action of dropping it on the ground. I suggest you add a confirmation dialog. "You are about to drop xxxx coins on the ground. Are you sure you want to do this? Yes / No." This would make it consistent with the other uses of this interface. The coin selector merely lets you input the amount of coin you wish to move, and a subsequent action confirms the actual transfer.
Post edited by Solandri - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hmm, this must be how I lost 300k a couple weeks ago. This would sure be a very good idea, and extremely helpful.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]