lvl 100 skill doenst work O-o

Options
Templar - Sanctuary
Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Barbarian
Have learned today lvl 100 skill (Ancestral Rage )

check this description

Range 20 meters
Mana 500
Channel 0.5 second
Cast 0.5 second
Cooldown 5 minutes
Weapon Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer

Requisite Cultivation Celestial Sage/Demon

A violent strike that deals 200% of base damage to all targets
in a range of 20 meters. Freezes them for 8 seconds.
100% hit.

apperently skill do dmg only to 1 target and freezes only 1 target lmao.

I spend 4 mil coins and 3 mil spirit to learn this, can someone confirm me this or its just onather bugged skill b:angry
Post edited by Templar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    remind me when i switch 2 sanctuary for u to tank all TTs fbs and bosses i might need
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    O-o

anyhow back to topic let me give more info on this matter, i also wonder if i should send ticket about this , ok this was info taken from ecatomb's fansite for internacional version

"A violent strike that deals 200% of base damage to all targets
    100% hit."

So i saw massive aoe freeze not bad for delta,tw and all sort of things but apperenty its only 1 target skill like archers normal skill duno if this is dam bug or game develepers made lvl 100 skill for barb strong as normal archer hit b:cryb:angry

here what say now on pwi sanctuary

"A violent strike that deals 200% of base damage to a target in a range of 18 meters. freezes "them" on 8 sec "

so english is not my main language but isn't "them" a plural?

well i am so angy on this game end game skills dont't work like it should b:angry

my lvl 99 wiz friend learned sage zhen and it draw agro on him so he cant do delta anymore , dunno how many skilsl r broken or worth of paying large amount of coins and spirit for them b:angry

if some barb from older server know if this skill is bugged or what plz respond
    i am thinking to contact gm or send ticket
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i wonder why this game isn't tested on higher lvl b:angry
    and sorry for double post thay didnt alow me to use more pictures
    b:angryb:angryb:angryb
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    one of our best skills ans its bugged, I hope they fix it soon
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Pnut - Lost City
    Pnut - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    have the skill, don't think its a bug, but a typo
    "when i get about 10m

gonna restat to AA and hop into a TW in 90 robes... :D" - Stickygreen lvl 93 WB Heavens Tear
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    that sucks, I was so happy that we had a ranged aoe.... D:

so it's just a "smack" that freezes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It got to be bugged, maybe u should ask pnut if it was freezing all the mobs he hit before since he LVL100 too. It an AOE that suppost to freeze ALL. Because it said "freezes them for 8 secs"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • FunkyP - Lost City
    FunkyP - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have consulted the almighty master of the universe (myself) and I have created a few easy steps to solve your problem:

Step 1: RAAAAAGE

Step 2: RAAAAAGE a bit more

Step 3: Enjoy your totally awesome level 100 barb that can tank every boss and his mother b:chuckle

Step 4: ?????

Step 5: PROFIT!!! b:pleased

Honestly though, try to get a GM to fix the skill for you, or at least change the description.

And gratz on getting 100 O_O that's downright insane mate.
  • Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear
    Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    the description does lead us to believe it is a 20m aoe. this should be looked into by powers higher than us, yes gm/dev, what does our skill really do...
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    In the skill tree the description is:
    Attack the target in a range of 18 meters, dealing great damage and freezing the target for 8 seconds.

I guess the ecatomb site is wrong, but it clearly states in the skill tree that it's a single target skill.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    meabe they recently nerfed that, cuz I'm pretty sure it was meant to be an aoe that freezes everything

in the last patch they talked about "Ancestral Rage"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm willing to bet that they nerfed it when the changed our other skills.

Remember that 'boost' put a glitch in beastial rage which had us 'stick'.

The are loads of discrepancies between the skills and skill trees.
    For e.g., the names don't match: Perdition & Armageddon, Roar and talk is cheap.....Shape shifting Intensity adds attack according to skill tree. b:chuckle

Thanks for letting us know though.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Pnut - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    the description has always been different on the eca tomb site and the skill tree. I do not believe it was nerfed, I had the skill before the update when they said they fixed ancestral rage, it was the same when after the update. They fixed bestial rage. But for those wondering exactly what it does. It is a high dmg skill that can only be used in tiger form, by high dmg it does as much or more than bestial onslaught and it stuns, and it never misses. So you have an 8 second range paralyze that never misses and does more dmg than onslaught, I think as AoE it would be pretty damn OP anyways..

Edit: remember cooldown of 5 minutes
    "when i get about 10m

gonna restat to AA and hop into a TW in 90 robes... :D" - Stickygreen lvl 93 WB Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    the description has always been different on the eca tomb site and the skill tree. I do not believe it was nerfed, I had the skill before the update when they said they fixed ancestral rage, it was the same when after the update. They fixed bestial rage. But for those wondering exactly what it does. 1) It is a high dmg skill that can only be used in tiger form, by high dmg it does as much or more than bestial onslaught and it stuns, and it never misses. So you have an 8 second range paralyze that never misses and does more dmg than onslaught, I think as AoE it would be pretty damn OP anyways..

2) Edit: remember cooldown of 5 minutes
    1) awesome

2) s.hit

nice sign... <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    the description has always been different on the eca tomb site and the skill tree. I do not believe it was nerfed, I had the skill before the update when they said they fixed ancestral rage, it was the same when after the update. They fixed bestial rage. But for those wondering exactly what it does. It is a high dmg skill that can only be used in tiger form, by high dmg it does as much or more than bestial onslaught and it stuns, and it never misses. So you have an 8 second range paralyze that never misses and does more dmg than onslaught, I think as AoE it would be pretty damn OP anyways..

Edit: remember cooldown of 5 minutes

man if it stuns it would be great :(

its only freez target still can attack u :( and i dont find it too much powerfull now wiht gx+8 . To cast it i need to go in tiger then spend 1 spark ( so u need like 3 spark if u whana kill target lol ) once i return in human i lost already time to cast armagedon or something , and then 5 min cool down lol, its like normal archers skill.

I just feel that its not so powerfull skill for lvl 100 req don't u think, i really hoped to use this skill in TW or delta but after all looks now its just for pk.

1 question Pnut that other lvl 100 skill what it actualy do and is it usefull ?

Clean Sweep

Deals base damage to target. Has a 20% chance to remove target's positive buffs.

does it do whats described?
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It got to be bugged, maybe u should ask pnut if it was freezing all the mobs he hit before since he LVL100 too. It an AOE that suppost to freeze ALL. Because it said "freezes them for 8 secs"

Freezes "Them" for 8 seconds is not plural.

"Them" is the only word in the english language that works with the sentence. Would you like it to say this?

"Hits a single target within 18 meters. Freezes "Him/Her" for 8 seconds."

"Them' is referring the the one person 18 meters or less away from ur Ancetral rage. b:cute
    b:sweat
  • Pnut - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options

1 question Pnut that other lvl 100 skill what it actualy do and is it usefull ?

Clean Sweep

Deals base damage to target. Has a 20% chance to remove target's positive buffs.

does it do whats described?

I don't have it, but I can assume it does what it says, a 20% to debuff. Does base dmg, so not gonna hit hard obviously, and only has a 30 second cool down if I remember, I wish I had gotten this to be honest.
    "when i get about 10m

• nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    pnut and templar = epic

b:cool

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    "in fact, the skill in question had an incorrect tooltip for some time. This original tooltip claimed that it was an AoE attack. The skill was actually always single target, though. Once we realized this, we changed the tooltip to reflect its true nature. Therefore, there is a good chance that the fansite you saw had an outdated description of the skill.

In the future, please take the in-game tooltips as the most accurate representation of any skill.

Thanks"

this is what i got as respond on my complain about skill :)

well meh someone had to break the ice , i guess ill work on that other skill now :)
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Freezes "Them" for 8 seconds is not plural.

"Them" is the only word in the english language that works with the sentence. Would you like it to say this?

"Hits a single target within 18 meters. Freezes "Him/Her" for 8 seconds."

"Them' is referring the the one person 18 meters or less away from ur Ancetral rage. b:cute

People don't know how to speak English anymore. Languages with gender specific articles (the is the definite article in English while a/an are the indefinite articles) always revert back to the male article when gender is unsure; this holds true in all situations where gender is unsure (though it doesn't happen often, as words in these languages are also gendered).

English has no gender-specific articles, indeed has no gender-specific words, only gender-specific pronouns, so people have no idea what to do when presented with situations where the gender of the subject of a sentence is unclear.

All this bull about saying "them" is just that, bull. Them is a plural pronoun, and confusion is properly taken from its use. His OR her are both viable options for replacing "the target" in the second half of the sentence IF the skill means a single target. As it appears that the skill is meant for a single target, the use of "them" in the sentence as opposed to "him" OR "her" (or even "the target" once again) adds unnecessary confusion.

And don't even get me started on this politically correct BS about "him SLASH her." *shudder* Pick a gender folks. No one is going to call you sexist if you always revert to "him" or always revert to "her" in a situation where gender is unclear.

/linguistics fan rant over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:sweat
    10characters
    People don't know how to speak English anymore. Languages with gender specific articles (the is the definite article in English while a/an are the indefinite articles) always revert back to the male article when gender is unsure; this holds true in all situations where gender is unsure (though it doesn't happen often, as words in these languages are also gendered).

English has no gender-specific articles, indeed has no gender-specific words, only gender-specific pronouns, so people have no idea what to do when presented with situations where the gender of the subject of a sentence is unclear.

All this bull about saying "them" is just that, bull. Them is a plural pronoun, and confusion is properly taken from its use. His OR her are both viable options for replacing "the target" in the second half of the sentence IF the skill means a single target. As it appears that the skill is meant for a single target, the use of "them" in the sentence as opposed to "him" OR "her" (or even "the target" once again) adds unnecessary confusion.

And don't even get me started on this politically correct BS about "him SLASH her." *shudder* Pick a gender folks. No one is going to call you sexist if you always revert to "him" or always revert to "her" in a situation where gender is unclear.

/linguistics fan rant over.

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle
  • Jesseah - Dreamweaver
    Jesseah - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    O-o

anyhow back to topic let me give more info on this matter, i also wonder if i should send ticket about this , ok this was info taken from ecatomb's fansite for internacional version

"A violent strike that deals 200% of base damage to all targets
    100% hit."

So i saw massive aoe freeze not bad for delta,tw and all sort of things but apperenty its only 1 target skill like archers normal skill duno if this is dam bug or game develepers made lvl 100 skill for barb strong as normal archer hit b:cryb:angry

here what say now on pwi sanctuary

"A violent strike that deals 200% of base damage to a target in a range of 18 meters. freezes "them" on 8 sec "

so english is not my main language but isn't "them" a plural?

well i am so angy on this game end game skills dont't work like it should b:angry

my lvl 99 wiz friend learned sage zhen and it draw agro on him so he cant do delta anymore , dunno how many skilsl r broken or worth of paying large amount of coins and spirit for them b:angry

if some barb from older server know if this skill is bugged or what plz respond
    i am thinking to contact gm or send ticket

I do not believe its bugged, if you read it carefully it says "A violent strike that deals 200% of base damage to a target in a range of 18 meters. freezes "them" on 8 sec "
    "A target," being a singular.....them referring to the ONE singular target.
    So misleading, yes. Bugged? No.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Believe what you wish, but truth is bound to overtake it.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Make sense that "them" refers to singlular as well. This have happen since the 15th century by prominant work by figure like ShakeSpear, to combat the problem of the lack of gender neutral pronoun in English. Some feminist group have go far and demand that "they" can be used to refer to an unknown gender person, and the movement have gained acceptance in a few states in the US, including universities where grammatical sensitivity is most strict.
  • Philly - Harshlands
    Philly - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    tbh i didnt believe that skill was real anyway

should we really give barbs a ranged aoe that freezes
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    tbh skill is **** not sure if worth 4 milion spirit and 3 milion coins , 20 chrono pages . Beside old description of skill was that it has AOE but from ticketing i got respond that it was never aoe b:sad
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well thats very bad... it was the biggest skill for us cause it was the only chance we could get near our enemys in Humanoid form and its nurfed. the worst part its how expensive its that skill. At least your post opened many barbarians eyes for that skill.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • doomscyth
    doomscyth Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i don't see it as a useless skill at all, in fact even as a single target spell it is really powerful in pvp situations. at range it can be used to keep a target from running and let you close the distance on them, very useful for open field pvp. at close range, if used as your 2nd attack skill for instance it lets you have 200% BASE dmg(if you normal attack range is say 4300-8400, it would be 8600-16800 for this skill)and lets you be in their face smashing on them for 8 seconds, so that they can't really get away. although the cool down time is sort of a letdown id say that the fantastic range on the skill balances the effect. can anybody even imagine this being an aoe? give me one reason that a 200% base damage 20 meter aoe that freezes everybody for 8 seconds wouldn't be the most overpowered skill in the game. imagine TWs where a barb popped this and every friendly bm in your faction just stood there and aoe'd the shnozzle out of everybody frozen.b:puzzled
    edited August 2009
    Options
    nothing like the level 100 sword bm skill aniway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doomscyth
    doomscyth Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wow, that's the first time i've ever really looked at flash...
    holy hell it sucks LOL. 15 minute cooldown? 2 sparks? and all that considering it won't even do that much damage if your charm never lets you get below 50% hp. you also have to be wearing a sword or blade to even use it... wtf were the dev's thinking?
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This skill u can only cast in tiger form, and it use 1 spark i tested it on wizard (lvl 100,arcane ) it does around 1,5k dmg (with gx +8 )
    dunno how usefull this skill can be (considering its pk skill and u need to go tiger form to cast it )

ps

maybe good for demon barbs ...
    and 8 sec of freez more look like 4 sec of freez :(