For all us Role Players...

Yserra - Sanctuary
Yserra - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
I know there are many role players out there, but I find it hard to find any one on my server (Or any other). I'd like to suggest opening a private chat room where we can find each other and hopefully set up some fun RP events. This private chat can be opened on any server, but on Sanctuary if you'd like to be a part of the role playing community I invite you to join the chat room that's simply titled RP. No password.

Let me know what you guys think!

EDIT: I understand only 30 people are allowed in the chat at a time so if one is full then feel free to form RP2 and so on.
Post edited by Yserra - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Buddhabless - Lost City
    Buddhabless - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    In Lost City, i role play as charismatic free lancing demi-god hell bent on world domination slaying every living thing that crosses my pathb:angry
    RageQuit: we have a "you die first" fetish b:surrender
  • MissAdelia - Harshlands
    MissAdelia - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I adore roleplaying but I have never tried such a thing here on Perfect World. I am more used to it over forums and the like but evenso, that does sound pretty cool. If I ever get the time, I will definately check this out! (:
    'You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.'
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Roleplaying is awesome so couldn't we just do it on the off-topic forum?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    To role play you need to know more of the back story of the game (if you intend to actually fit into the game itself) and that would take some reading. Something most people don't want to do, so they RP something that is totally out of the game (Gandalf for example) and show what kind of lame minded little pop-tarts they really are.

You wanna RP, have at it, but don't expect much from the community, from what I have seen of them, 12 is the average age, and they are all fresh off the short yellow window licker express.

~S
  • bulldog
    bulldog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    RP is serious business b:shutup
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I like roleplaying but this game is about following the arrow at first, not about reading or trying to understand anything. Nothing makes me want to roleplay there.

Welcome back Saitada :)
  • adenath
    adenath Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Totally agree!

There is no "roleplay" game, there is "roleplay" players: roleplayers.

Maybe the game has no "roleplay" related features, but we, players, have the power to roleplay here in perfect world.

I'm in DreamWeaver server. We will stay in contact. b:pleased
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Clearly I'm also on DreamWeaver, and I do love a good role play. Notice the word good. If you role play with me you will make the attempt to use proper grammar. I don't care about typos and such, but I expect proper names and the beginning of sentences to be capitalized, I expect at the very least a basic understanding of punctuation, and I expect real languages to be spoken, none of this chat speak or leet speak garbage. If you do not do so, you'll be black listed faster than you can say first grade English class.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think there was a RP fac that advertised themselves on the sanctuary forum not too long ago? might wanna try them out :o if your not already in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I wish the devs can make a server dedicated to RP-er. Too bad experience tell us that it is just not possible on a free to play game.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ilystah wrote: »
    I wish the devs can make a server dedicated to RP-er. Too bad experience tell us that it is just not possible on a free to play game.

why would u want this? just play in a normal server
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    why would u want this? just play in a normal server

Because RP require a community rather than just a single player.
  • Barbarics - Dreamweaver
    Barbarics - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    well im relativley new to rp i.e not done it but would love to try if anyones on Dreamweaver pm me
  • Lucha - Dreamweaver
    Lucha - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Come on, lets play together. All the roleplayers in Dreamweaver: here you have a "roleplaying" friend. The name is Lucha. b:victory
  • SelD - Dreamweaver
    SelD - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I play on Dreamweaver..and I haven't got in any much RP with anyone cause mainly I haven't come across any Rpers. I am also an active player on a server called Baulder's Gate TSCC. Its a Nwn2 rp pw. I role play alot. I will even say that I am a heavy role player.

I notice in this game so far I get 4-10 random invites to squads or fractions, which I always click no because its never rped. I played an high ranking Assassin in BG where if I as looking for recruits its something like so..

*A hooded figure suddenly drops from the roof top, and in a harsh voice he says..* "Hmm..from watching your dealings I'd say you are a lone rogue playing on someones else's playground." *The hooded figure narrows his eyes*

"And by doing so it leaves you with three choices..one you go about your business but pay the standard percentage to the local Fold, or *he pauses* You render your services and rewards will be paid for your deeds."

*The new person asks..* "Whats the 3rd?"

*The hooded man grins* "3rd is my favorite..you simply stop your roguish ways or I will kill you." *He gives an evil grin*

BTW names floating above the player head doesn't mean anything..you don't know the players name unless you seen his/her face and the name is given.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    To RP as a veno you really need to play in a PVP server....

First you seduce the male characters... than you kill them.... there you go, veno RP in a nut shell.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Go ahead and RP but we all know it just leads to awkward nerd cybering b:surrender
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • calavera
    calavera Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    How does roleplaying work on an MMO anyway? I'm asking for real. I used to be into roleplaying back in the glory days of pen and paper games and cannot even begin to imagine how you would do it in a computer game, i mean you must really run out of roleplaying excuses the 5th time you run a TT and it's not like you can interact with mobs so i'm not sure if you guys mean pve or pvp when you talk roleplaying... you really can't do anything besides fighting and using emotes... How do you handle looting and rewards? And is there something like a Dungeon Master? And how do you handle persistent storylines? I mean, i imagine there must be some form of blogging or something for journals and short stories.

I hope someone can answer this questions as i am curious although i don't think i could get into roleplaying over the net. For me half the fun back then was watching a half drunk Silver Fang duke it out with the gangrel trying to impress the couple of goth girls that would sometimes come play with us. That and spending a good hour making jokes at the expense of the priests' made up women worshiping cult, i'm not sure if net roleplayers would take kindly to that sort of goofing around. Watching a Paladin miss 5 charisma rolls on a row trying to seduce an npc played by the DM wearing a wig, now that was epic fun...
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In Lost City, i role play as charismatic free lancing demi-god hell bent on world domination slaying every living thing that crosses my pathb:angry

Isnt that what everyone on pvp servers roleplays?
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I just feel like this whole topic gets a *FACEPALM* award,
    Why, simple cus you really cant RP , in the middle of a fraking MMO,

One reason was already given, Cus most ppl dont wanna learn the backstory of this land, or read anything, Me I try, I kinda wanna know where all the wraiths are getting thier intel, Doesnt it seem like every other quest those lil pesky dudes nabbed something or another and some **** NPC wants me to go fetch it from them, Either they have a spy in our midst or PW needs a hella better security..
    The other reason is simple too, cus your gonna have most ppl busy actually playing the REAL game, and not want to take the time off from thier playing to RP with someone, I got an idea, you know who loves to RP, SwordTamer, go talk to him for me ^^,,,,
    As for me, If i was RPing with you all on this, HAVE WAND WILL TRAVEL,
    Mercinary mage, NUKES YOUR PESTS, call 1-800-NUKE-MOB

"yeah i still remember coming into archo for the first time, I was so busy then, It was like last week I was just doing errends around Etherblade and BAM , im in the big city. So can anyone tell me HOW Im in this godforsaken Tusk Town now.."
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I dont get roleplaying...
    But yeah i think SanctumRP is a roleplaying faction (never been in SanctumRP) im guessing it is because of the RP at the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • SelD - Dreamweaver
    SelD - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Being also from a Role Playing server I will say this,.. its is very fun!

I have a rebuild here under the name Sel_Darkmore hes a level 33 BM now and still without Fraction. Even though I get average 3 to 5 request a day, I always deny them because why would I wanna join a Fraction if I have no idea what they are about.

Walking around sending Fraction request make a person raise an eyebrow at most times wondering Example: "What? Whats so good about them?"

Some people do give it a shot yes..but think about it ..it could be really fun if you Role play it out. When the person says he's interested, then send the request.

Spend 3 hours with me and follow my RP and I can promise you'll have fun. especially if your tired of grinding.

I have been gaming with my RL wife from the start, and we have a Blast Role playing together.

When she died once..I flew in search of a Cleric. I didn't just say..."Help Cleric needed at 555,555 etc.

No I Got to the city saw a Cleric and asked, " Excuse me?..May trouble you for a moment?"

The Cleric responded " Sorry but I am about to do my FB69"

I simply responded "Well thank you for your time milady."

She then started to buff me, But I said "No your buffs are not what I seek..My wife has fallen."

The Cleric said " Show me..Run to her"

I ran and she fly after me. She later raised my wife and I said 'You have our thanks...could I pay you coin for your help?"

The Cleric said "no need farewell and stay safe."

If no RP was there she would had left to her FB69. The Rp had interest. That's why she changed her mind and decided to help. Mind that it was light RP cause We spoke in Whispers. Cuz damn that shout chat gets frustrating.b:chuckle