Stuck at Etherblade Waterfall?

eatwithspoons
eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
We realize that there's currently a problem with players getting stuck at Etherblade Waterfall.

We're well aware of the bug and we expect to resolve it as soon as possible. In the meantime you can hold down the space bar and initiate flight to unstick your character.

If you still cannot get out with this, page a GM.

We appreciate your continued support. Thanks!
Post edited by eatwithspoons on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Stuck in a waterfall...heh, that'd be a pretty fun shower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    reminds me of the infamous etherblade lake glitch o,o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Which one? There're two. :)
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Which one? There's actually two. :)

...yes.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Which one? There's actually two. :)

The one that you can get stuck in?
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ah, I thought everyone forgot about that little hideout. What a great way to relax, settle in with some hunnies and escape the rest of Perfect World. Its like a private hot tub b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I can confirm that it's the north one....and it wasn't that bad really although I don't recommend anyone else try it out.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    I can confirm that it's the north one....and it wasn't that bad really although I don't recommend anyone else try it out.

Roger that, thanks for checking Drazob:thanks
    edited July 2009
    I'm at etherblade and I tried both waterfalls, where's the bug ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    20090731235756.jpg

u can walk underwater in there o,o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:shocked Waterfalls can be dangerous in real life too
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Your wearing HA, can't expect to float in that goliath.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Might be a hole in the waterfall sprite :/

It allows another sprite to get stuck if there is a hole in it and it is solid and not transperant.

If it is transperant than a player can easily go through (hole or not) where as solid makes it stop the player (imitating a wall). Solid can be the same as transparent if the character sprite and the waterfall sprite are on different planes (Ex: Player sprite is set -1 and waterfall sprite is set to 0. Making the player sprite overlap the waterfall.) But since it is a waterfall, sprites overlapping it would not be the case.

I stay with my first theory, that it was switched to solid accidentally in coding and it has a hole (Where some characters can get through or some can get stuck.). Though if the waterfall sprite has a parent sprite, then something must have happened to the parent sprite's coding. Or the parent sprite could have been changed accidentally (Ex: EtherbladeGround1(Which is solid but has a minor hole) is the parent of EtherbladeWaterfall2 Instead of EtherbladeWaterfall1 = EtherbladeWaterfall2).

I'm just throwing out ideas. I'm ending my nerd rant now >.<
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Koteto - Harshlands
    Koteto - Harshlands Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    20090731235756.jpg

u can walk underwater in there o,o

why u genie have 4 skills mine can learn only 3 b:beatup
  • Monochrom - Sanctuary
    Monochrom - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I just had this problem 2 days ago. 3 People were in that pool, all male and all under lvl20 so unable to fly. Town Portal haven't worked too. But i found a solution for this - the point - you need 10 silver. Since you can't use skills under this I figured out that you can use items. So buy a "Teleport Incense" for 10Silver, and you'll be out. Otherwise, ask for nice people to buy it.. If you can't wait for a GM response, which could might take a while when they're busy.
  • johnnytalb1
    johnnytalb1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Where can I buy this Teleport Incense? And how do I get silver?
    Sorry for the noobness, I'm kinda new to this game :S
  • Monochrom - Sanctuary
    Monochrom - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Where can I buy this Teleport Incense? And how do I get silver?
    Sorry for the noobness, I'm kinda new to this game :S

That's the problem, they're from the Boutique. Press "O" ingame -> Items -> Portal, and there they are. You can buy 1 Gold currently for around 165k because of the current Gold prices, and 1 Gold is 100 Silver. Otherwise, 1 Gold = 1$.
    edited August 2009
    Your wearing HA, can't expect to float in that goliath.
    are u saying I'm fat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    are u saying I'm fat

IM saying a salad wouldnt hurt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009

o_o

I see what u did'ere
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkangle18
    darkangle18 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    We realize that there's currently a problem with players getting stuck at Etherblade Waterfall.

We're well aware of the bug and we expect to resolve it as soon as possible. In the meantime you can hold down the space bar and initiate flight to unstick your character.

If you still cannot get out with this, page a GM.

We appreciate your continued support. Thanks!

i need help im stuck in the waterfall and no matter what i do i cant get out so if there is anything else i can do can anyone tell me thanks
  • larxa
    larxa Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Same here, I'd like to ask if anyone has (Lost city server) a Teleporting incense I could use =)?
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    this is a major problem for low lvl ppl i was just hanging out with my in-game gf today and (beleiwe it or not) saw the waterfall for teh first time and just wanted to check it out

if u go into the pond(behind waterfall) u cant use town teleport neither can u jump/walk or run out of it.....i can fly :P howewer(u should stand still for a moment press and hold space and when ur at the highest point in water click fly) ewen when i was flying it threw me back into the water so i was basicly.....flying in it....<.<.....i was just holding space til i came outa the "TRAP" O_O

there were 2 low lvl BMs traped there(unable to escape since town teleport doesnt work) i was trying to use the GM live chat(or howewer its called) i couldnt tho... like usualy...lol....<.<
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited August 2009

He already eats bamboo salad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Elfaria - Dreamweaver
    Elfaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ohhh... o_o...

I heard from a friend a few days ago that while he was doing his World Quest, he passed by Etherblade and saw 10s and 20s of people jumping off a waterfall.

Ahhmm.

Sounds fun.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    He already eats bamboo salad.
    He didnt say its fat free XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Also the pool below The wizard/BM trainer and teleport master is buggy.

Hang around long enough and you'll see flying turtles.

Also, if you teleport then get straight onto an aerogear you can't move and need to press your 'get on aero' button to move.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • valjanro
    valjanro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    dawdab:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hang around long enough and you'll see flying turtles.
    I think its a good attraction to PWI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Elyl - Heavens Tear
    Elyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    in another game if you find yourself stuck you can sit down and the type "/stuck" you are then given a message that you have one min. before being transported away from the immediate area (usually a set spot where everyone is transported to in that region that's safe) it can not be used while in a fight so therefore cant be used as an exploit.
This discussion has been closed.