A little pet advice...

VenoXI - Dreamweaver
VenoXI - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Venomancer
Okay, just a quick question.

Whats better worth as a pet? Shadou Cub? or a Tabby Plumdrop? i have a magmite at the moment, just wanted to get comparison on these two.

By the way, i use Fox Form, so try to base it on that kind of stuff too :)
In the world there are four elements. Earth, Fire, Air, Water. If one were to control all four, there would be chaos, and if there is chaos, the Rise of Oblivion begins.

*grabs a staff* C'MON GUYS!!! LETS ROCK THIS JOINT!!! b:angry
Post edited by VenoXI - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Queenofpower - Dreamweaver
    Queenofpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The Shadou Cub is a better Tank than Tabby Plumdrop. IF u are going to fight in fox form I wud sugest a pet with higher attk like the scorp or sawfly. Ofcourse the Phoenix wud be ideal b:pleased
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Taken from Ecatomb's fansite..
    Tabby Plumdrop lvl20
    Bite lvl1
    Howl lvl1
    Pierce lvl1
    Slow lvl1
    2475 2060 6425 7010 2099 1199 0.8 8.5
    HP ATK P. DEF M. DEF ACC DODGE ATTK/S M/S
    Shaodu Cub lvl20
    Pierce lvl1
    Pounce lvl1
    Tough lvl1

3149 1888 7594 7594 1649 1299 0.8 7.4
    HP ATK P. DEF M. DEF ACC DODGE ATK/S M/S

Tabby has more attack, but less HP and defenses all around, also more acc and speed. So if you want a tank go with Shaodu. Tabby has higher atack but still not too great just a show off pet in my opinion b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • VenoXI - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Ok this sounds good :) but two things...
    IF u are going to fight in fox form I wud sugest a pet with higher attk like the scorp or sawfly. Ofcourse the Phoenix wud be ideal

I tried these two pets, and none are ideal for me. is the nix actually good to get? i wanna be able to solo TT's at 60, but thats what my magmites for.
    Tabby has more attack, but less HP and defenses all around, also more acc and speed. So if you want a tank go with Shaodu. Tabby has higher atack but still not too great just a show off pet in my opinion

I still haven't come to a choice on these two. I mean, exactly HOW MUCH MORE HP does the Shadou have? and what has better skills? can i get some skill explanations? (im noob when it comes to pet skills lmao)
    In the world there are four elements. Earth, Fire, Air, Water. If one were to control all four, there would be chaos, and if there is chaos, the Rise of Oblivion begins.

• Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    To solo TT (squad), it is only just possible with a magmite if you are Full Mag and have level 63 heal.

With a Hercules, it is probably possible at 60 too.
  • VenoXI - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    To solo TT (squad), it is only just possible with a magmite if you are Full Mag and have level 63 heal.

With a Hercules, it is probably possible at 60 too.

so LA's cant do it?

• EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    so LA's cant do it?

depends on how high your mag is... i know some arcane veno's with vit around 50 and they coulnt do it cuz their mag was just a bit to low...
    so if you are a LA veno, you have to get +mag in your armor, and probably channeling too
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    When I turned 63, I restated from my survivability build (I had about 50 Vit or so) to having 3 Vit, enough Str to equip my stuff and the rest into magic (well, I'm still left over with 5 Dex from when I started my char, but those two points don't bug me so much yet).

I had to spam heal my pet for about 10 minutes to get through Chintien, lagged and died a couple of times too. Drum Lord was no go with some of his double attacks. I had to use pots to regen mana since I had no time to cast any other spells.

Back in the day when I was doing this, the drops might've been worth the time and effort but now TT1-1 items are so worthless that there is little point stressing out about doing it.

Grind for a half hour at level 60 and you have the moneys (40~50k on my server) for an Edge to craft your weapon already. In 2.5 hours, that's the money you need and in my opinion, it is faster and safer.
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    up in my first post it does say EXACTLY how much health difference it is I put the stats up there b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I tried these two pets, and none are ideal for me. is the nix actually good to get? i wanna be able to solo TT's at 60, but thats what my magmites for.

Look at the mag atk to phys atk ratio on all TT bosses, then look at the magmite's mag res to phys res ratio and let us know if you still plan on that.
    I still haven't come to a choice on these two. I mean, exactly HOW MUCH MORE HP does the Shadou have? and what has better skills? can i get some skill explanations? (im noob when it comes to pet skills lmao)

They would have different uses. The Tabby would make a decent debuff / debuff lure pet until you're almost L.89, and the Shadou would make a decent tank until you're level 80 or got a herc.

At level 90, a Crystalline Magmites phys to mag res ratio: 8792 / 5861 and it's HP: 2934
    At level 90, a Shadou Cub's phys to mag res ratio: 7594 / 7594 and it's HP: 3149
    At level 90, a Clever Cactopod's phys to mag res ratio: 6139 / 7256 and it's HP: 2369

Chintien's max phys to mag atk ratio: 3684 / 5525

- The pets with the higher appropriate defense even if it has slightly lower HP will be much less dependent on your Heal Pet level.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.