The incoming patch

Options
Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Mod Note (tm):

I'm going to go ahead and make this the official patch discussion thread. I'll be merging other threads discussing the patch into this one to prevent the forums from getting swamped with duplicate threads.

-Hawk

Some of the stuff in the incoming patches...

(full text here : http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/content-update-5211)
Jolly Old Jones:

Jolly Old Jones is back in that Jolly mood again! Players will have a chance to exchange coins or Guardian Angels to Jolly Old Jones for one of two things:

Small Spring Pack

Has a chance to contain lots of useful items such as Oracle Quest books, Beautiful Shards, HP/MP restoration items, low level Molds, a Training Esoterica, or Scarlet Fruit!

Yay! More inflation...b:spit
Yay! Oracle mob camping again b:spit

Warsong City Dungeon / Bounty Hunter

Final preparations are being made for the Battle of Warsong City, and the daily Bounty Hunter quests. More information will soon be released!*

Boooh! The most interresting stuf delayed again b:infuriated
Dominance Blessing:

Players will now receive a blessing item to help them in all Perfect World INSTANCED Dungeons. Simply enter the dungeon and accept the quest that appears. This item provides the player with +10 Attack Level and +10 Defense Level. This Blessing lasts for 4 hours and is only usable inside the dungeon. Make sure you have enough room in your inventory to receive it!

Yay! (I think) Unless they also nerfed the drops to compensate?
Cube of Fate - Chest of Coins:

After completing the Cube of Fate, players will receive an additional reward called the Chest of Coins that contains 1,000,000 coins. You will receive 1 Chest of Coins if selecting the Reward Pack, or 3 if selecting the Mysterious Cog. However, because of the sturdiness of these chests,you will need a Perfect Iron Hammer to open them.

I hope you PWI guys realise that as soon as the gold hit 200k value in AH (something that is soon to happen I bet), this option becomes useless? Would would use 5 gold worth more than 1.000.000 coins to get $1.000.000 coinsb:surrender
PVP + Safety Lock

Shattered Gear

Shattered Gear is a new system being introduced to Perfect World.

More details please?
The quick skill bar has been expanded to accommodate more skills. Skills can now be allocated to the numerical keys 1-9 (previously 1-6).

Expanded the number of tabs it can extend to from 3 to 5.

Expanded the number of Buff and De-buff icons that can be seen on the squad list. Included a toggle on/off feature for the icons.

Good.
The gear list for genies has greatly expanded. Speak to any Watcher of the Earth and select Genie Summon and Gear to check out the new equipment! You can also obtain Wraith Badges to turn in to the Commander-in-chief for reputation points! *

*Note: Items obtained from the Warsong City event are needed for trade in. Warsong City Dungeon is currently unavailable but will be open soon!

Boooh! Once again, one of the thing I waited for the most is delayed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
Post edited by Blancheneige - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    1M cash boxes that require 5 golds in order to open ?

wow that's major fail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Why not post in the maintenance thread? It's related to maintenance.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

wow that's major fail
    2nded................
    Quit.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I am b:heart the extra skill slot allocations very much. The Dominance Blessing would also have been a great help when we did Lunar Squads this week, buuuuuut I won't hold that against you... unless drops got nerfed (they're already pretty sucky in there).
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Why not post in the maintenance thread? It's related to maintenance.

The maintenance thread always end up with tons of unrelated flood....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Antaury - Dreamweaver
    Antaury - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I just want them fix the Rb teleport, thats it... but, no they wont.
    Fixes/Changes

-Hot Color Packs no longer contain Random Pigments. Players will always receive 1 specific colored pigment.

-Fixed an issue where Barbarians in Tiger Form performing the Ancestral Rage skill would become stuck in a running/rolling animation.

-Fixed an issue where Venomancer were unable to change into Fox Form while unarmed.

- All Cube of Fate Lottery rooms (51 - 59) require a certain amount of coins to proceed, or to receive the initial quest. Text for the Lottery NPCs have been re-localized to reflect this cost.

- Twilight Temple Act II: Symphony of Fate - Removed the bridge that leads to the Astralwalker. A new NPC will now teleport players across to the platform.

-Fixed an issue with the Chat Smileys had overlapping animations and were named incorrectly.

-Mrs. Zoologist is now correctly named in the Coordinates Assistant.

-Re-localized All Territory War Intro text
    edited July 2009
    Options
    TT runs are already too easy, now they will be a joke, if they wanted to give a hand with Lunar and Frost they should have tried differenty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    They delayed Warsong and the new daily? -.-
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

wow that's major fail

i actually saw the hope of gold prices dropping shatter with this post b:cry
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    STOP with the boutique stuff. Your ****ing up all the servers gold/coins ratio, coins are just about worthless now, everyone is trying there own brand of a get rich plan. And everyone is ****ed in the process.

Ruining the game :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    This thread isn't erotic...this thread isn't erotic at all.

Events like jolly jones and zen sales are what's needed to keep the game going. Once people stop selling gold via auction house, the game dies. Events like this keep gold sales going. Necessary evil. Inflation only shows how worthless in game coin really is compared to the gold.

GOOOOOLD!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Antaury - Dreamweaver
    Antaury - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    second you, others games had failed becoz of all the greedy and not thinking what players want... PWI is a good game, dont ruin it.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    just wait for the boxes that have -0.2% chance to get a very hard to farm/impossible without boxes item.
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    its true i know this to be true if you come out with to much stuff at once and people dont have anything they want to buy anymore either they wont want to play at all
    silkroad did that and then had allowed boting at one point by introducing a bot systenmt that they sold to make money as they didnt have anytng else for sale people wanted that being said if you make a error and continue it because of greed you will end up ruining your game pwi do stop these insane sales every week if you dont you will end up like silkroad and have to create your own bot system that in itself ruined silkroad no1 can get on unless they do right after server inspection and then if you log out you are off till next inspection also the premuim player items will not i repeat will not work if the server is to full you will lag it down and every1 will just get them and bots to stay on it is bad period so stop with these sales so much pls!!!! thias is from personal experince i have seen great games die fast because of this! do not do the same thing! i love this game and dont want it to end up in the **** list after so much fun and such
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i actually saw the hope of gold prices dropping shatter with this post b:cry

It's going to be a bloodbath, that's for sure. Oh well...

I'm still going to take the skill bar expansion and the buff/debuff change (please can we still have timers on these? I don't ask for much >_>).

Also, the favourite item at Auction House is useful and I like the fact you took out random pigments from the colour packs (that's a really decent thing to do). even though I always have a weapon equipped, I'm happy the barehanded FoxForm got sorted.

Theres probably some other stuff I like, but it's 4am and I can't get to sleep b:cry.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    just wait for the boxes that have -0.2% chance to get a very hard to farm/impossible without boxes item.
    just wait for the rep items in cash shop and we'll all QQ about the massive zen users going around with rank 8 weapons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You can also obtain Wraith Badges to turn in to the Commander-in-chief for reputation points! *
    YAY for repb:cute
    Quit.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

wow that's major fail

Seriously, this places the new average price of gold to just below 200k. People do cube all the time, and as long as they can get some profit from the boxes they will be opened. There will be so much more demand for coin, for hammers, driving the price up till it hits the ceiling of no longer profitable. Say hello, every server, to eternal 190-195k gold prices. Over 200k when sales come out (and then everyone saves the unprofitable cash boxes until the sale is over).
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I edited the OP of this thread to indicate that I'll be merging threads talking about the new patch into this one. It will be much easier to have a single thread discussing patch content.

I understand there is a maintenance thread already at the top, but it doesn't explicitly say that it's for patch discussion, so hopefully this doesn't confuse anyone.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    YAY for repb:cute

Follow the little * at the end.

Not in this patch....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Seriously, this places the new average price of gold to just below 200k. People do cube all the time, and as long as they can get some profit from the boxes they will be opened. There will be so much more demand for coin, for hammers, driving the price up till it hits the ceiling of no longer profitable. Say hello, every server, to eternal 190-195k gold prices. Over 200k when sales come out (and then everyone saves the unprofitable cash boxes until the sale is over).
    Harshland may stop seeing gold prices for over 200k(yay for cap)
    Quit.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Follow the little * at the end.

Not in this patch....
    yay for future rep patch :(
    Quit.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Could we keep the all in one hammer kissy face please? b:beatupb:kiss

I wish more things were implemented, but I'm happy about some of the stuff we're getting.
  • TsukiTenshi - Sanctuary
    TsukiTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i really don't understand this system:
    New Set Dye system.

Speak to the seamstress in any city and she will now have the ability to dye all clothing of a set (you own combination) at once.

This process will cost the total amount of pigments required for the set x2. The Set Dye system uses Random Pigments only.

well since I never dyed anything I guess I wouldn't know...

Wonder if someone can explain? b:pleased

Cause it sounds kind of weird to me...

Hot Color Packs
    Hot Color Packs no longer contain Random Pigments. Players will always receive 1 specific colored pigment.

This sounds pretty good ^.^

Since people are always complaining about getting that right color..
    Spoons is a very nice GM b:cute
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i really don't understand this system:

well since I never dyed anything I guess I wouldn't know...

Wonder if someone can explain? b:pleased

Cause it sounds kind of weird to me...
    Currently, if you want to use random dyes on an outfit, you have to dye each piece individually and so you may not be able to match colours for the whole armour set you have. With the news system, as I understand it, you can dye the WHOLE set the same colour (random, but whatever it may be) at twice the use of random dyes... Did I...explain that better or confuse more?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    - Twilight Temple Act II: Symphony of Fate - Removed the bridge that leads to the Astralwalker. A new NPC will now teleport players across to the platform.

And right into the boss?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think PvPers and TWers should worry about this :
    Shattered Gear

Shattered Gear is a new system being introduced to Perfect World.

No more info about it, but from what the name imply....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Umm yeah, curious about this one too... The key to a quick and easy asterwalker fight was the positioning and avoiding 3-4 of the adds. If we just get shoved right into the boss... gg and fail moar..
    b:dirty
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think PvPers and TWers should worry about this :

No more info about it, but from what the name imply....
    Maybe it's that if gears drop to 0 dura it breaks beyon repair?
    Quit.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Maybe it's that if gears drop to 0 dura it breaks beyon repair?

Beware AFK flyers...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]