Genie Skill Slots

Stoned_Guy - Sanctuary
Stoned_Guy - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Hi.
I have a genie, which got 4th Skill Slot at 40 Mag and i wanna know if its possible that genie gets another slot. If its possible, how much Mag would that require? Thanks b:thanks
-Please insert coin-
Post edited by Stoned_Guy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• PopeOnDope - Harshlands
    PopeOnDope - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    another 40. or you can delete the starter skill.
  • Stoned_Guy - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    another 40

r u sure that genies can get 5 slots? Starter skill lol. I deleted it first minute i had the genie D=
    -Please insert coin-
  • Darksorrow - Heavens Tear
    Darksorrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If you watch your genie as you load after logging in, you'll notice breifly that your genie actually has 8 skill slots. That seems to be the programmed limit. However, if we look at possible stat points on a pure magic genie, i think 6 skills is the max. Here's the math;

Perfect Genie queen = 100 lucky points
    Levelled to level 105 = 104 stat points
    Zeal Genie starter magic = 15 points
    *note: Zeal has stat affinity to magic, and thereby doesnt need double stat points until 50 in magic i believe, instead of 40.
    Total allocatable points = 204 + 15 base = 219

Now, we bring it to 50 without double stat points needed, leaving us with 169 more points. Now needing 2 points for every 1 stat improvement, the most we can grant is another 84 in magic. This would bring his magic total to 134. Every 40 gives you another skill beyond 3, so this would be 6 skills. Even if the level cap was raised to 150, and thus the genie to 150 as well, the highest its magic can be brought to then is 157, still 3 points shy of 160 needed for a 4th extra, or 7th total skill. I think however the new instance will bring better genie gear & thereby may be able to cover +3 (or more) magic. As such a well geared lvl 150 queen of all genies (artifact orange color) might reach a 7th skill (and have nothing else).
  • Stoned_Guy - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    If you watch your genie as you load after logging in, you'll notice breifly that your genie actually has 8 skill slots. That seems to be the programmed limit. However, if we look at possible stat points on a pure magic genie, i think 6 skills is the max. Here's the math;

Perfect Genie queen = 100 lucky points
    Levelled to level 105 = 104 stat points
    Zeal Genie starter magic = 15 points
    *note: Zeal has stat affinity to magic, and thereby doesnt need double stat points until 50 in magic i believe, instead of 40.
    Total allocatable points = 204 + 15 base = 219

Now, we bring it to 50 without double stat points needed, leaving us with 169 more points. Now needing 2 points for every 1 stat improvement, the most we can grant is another 84 in magic. This would bring his magic total to 134. Every 40 gives you another skill beyond 3, so this would be 6 skills. Even if the level cap was raised to 150, and thus the genie to 150 as well, the highest its magic can be brought to then is 157, still 3 points shy of 160 needed for a 4th extra, or 7th total skill. I think however the new instance will bring better genie gear & thereby may be able to cover +3 (or more) magic. As such a well geared lvl 150 queen of all genies (artifact orange color) might reach a 7th skill (and have nothing else).

ok, i didnt understand anything b:laugh I have a Zeal. If it has 80 Magic it should have 5 slots, right? Only thing i wanna know xD
    -Please insert coin-
  • Calurinos - Sanctuary
    Calurinos - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ok, i didnt understand anything b:laugh I have a Zeal. If it has 80 Magic it should have 5 slots, right? Only thing i wanna know xD

Yup, 80 Magic and you get a 5th genie skill slot.

Source: I've got it on my own genie.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009

ha ha h ab:laugh