Yay For Charm Packs

2»

Comments

• Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    And people are willing to buy it for that price because they get desperate due to a sale. Several sales which generate a high gold demand in a row has a rather noticeable effect on gold prices, not to mention being on a new server without established prices which leads to even higher prices.

I can't speak for others, but I wasn't really trying to complain about the price, I realize it's higher than other servers, but at the same time that helps encourage people to buy their own gold which brings PW more money. Additionally, our item prices are a lot higher than other servers, it seems that rather than gold remaining stable and items dropping, we've had items remain (mostly) stable and gold raise to compensate. The fact that I can still get 100k per TT1-1 item is insane (or could before the last pet pack sale), or my personal favorite 4k per mysterious skull. So I can understand gold being higher to an extent.

I do think however, that there's a limit on how many really good sales in a row they should hype especially with the current state of unemployment in the US (considering these are US servers) and pushing a "buy this now", "buy this one now", "ohh, really good sale here you must have this", week after week without a break leads to frustration and ultimately results in higher gold prices, though in all fairness the inventory sale could count as a break. I also think frustration occurs more so with items such as clothing and mounts that are briefly available than other items which simply go on sale.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    back on topic:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Charm packs!!!!!! b:dirty

Lets hope they are perm now ;)

And damn....charm packs and d. orbs on sale at once?! sheesh....which to choose :-(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I won't be logging in for a bit but need to charge my zen. How much are charm packs again?
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I won't be logging in for a bit but need to charge my zen. How much are charm packs again?
    15 gold
    There is also a dragon orb sale
    Quit.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    1* dragon orb is 25 silver each now, it was 30 silver before sales, and gold price have jump 20%. so the cost of the dragon orbs is same as regular price, isn't it?
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thanks to the jump in gold prices, charms in the charm packs are roughly....the exact same price as before =/
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    swgs wrote: »
    1* dragon orb is 25 silver each now, it was 30 silver before sales, and gold price have jump 20%. so the cost of the dragon orbs is same as regular price, isn't it?
    Basically.........................
    Quit.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Odd that it was unannounced. My guess is that the sale and packs were meant for maintenance. But since they postponed it, they also forgot to change the release time on them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atone - Lost City
    Atone - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Odd that it was unannounced. My guess is that the sale and packs were meant for maintenance. But since they postponed it, they also forgot to change the release time on them.

This.

10char
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    inbetween0 wrote: »
    Shut up. Have you seen charm prices? Why complain, go play on another server where gold prices are like 180-200k and then talk. Be glad there's a charm pack sale.
    You seem to believe that everyone on the server cares about charm packs. Or charms in general. -_-
    inbetween0 wrote: »
    And Gold Prices only inflate during sales then deflate once its over, they dont continually increase each sale...so if anything Gold prices will remain what they were from the previous sale.
    Except they never deflate if there's a sale or a new item every single week. That's the problem.
    Lets hope they are perm now ;)
    Now this I would support. Make them permenant instead of an all-purpose "we can't think of anything for this week so here's some charm packs, better give us tons of monies now or you'll never have 'em again LOLZ." -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Salamandrai - Sanctuary
    Salamandrai - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    hmm bad day for me bought total of 6 charms yesterday at 450k each pmsl.