any1 can tell mi how to prevent myself from dying every once in a while??

124»

Comments

• pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    With any amount of Metal mastery skill cyclone > plume shot for damage.. (assuming both skills are at the same lvl) of course cooldown is longer on cyclone so cyclone / plumeshot / cyclone is a better DD combo than plumeshot plumeshot plumeshot

Of course until you get Sage Plumeshot b:victory
    rst777 wrote: »
    and went straight plume shot only. it does better damage so cyclone becomes useless once the mob is near, and kiting makes fights take too long, thus slowing the grind.
    yep, plume shot... thats it. plume... repeat.
  • rst777
    rst777 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    with metal mastery i suppose thats true. perhaps its time to level metal mastery up and create a combo for cyclone/plume. before i do though, when using it does it cut the number of shots you have to take to kill a regular mob? it usually takes 4-5 shots with plume only. if using cyclone can cut this to 3-4 hits its worth it, otherwise plume alone is still fine.
    my point stands though, killing should not be a problem at all even at lower levels.
  • Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ever tried to set up a Macro? you can place two attack skills, a IH, and two more attack skills, and let it loop till mob is dead.

Once you stop dieing as much, increase it to 3 attacks, 1 IH, then loop.

Once your higher lvl, you can add in your magic/phy defense debuff as well. This one works great on TT bosses just leave out IH cuz your not healing. and if your healing, set a macro for IH and wellspring to loop.

Macros are your friends, use them, love them!
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • ValkyrieLind - Sanctuary
    ValkyrieLind - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    erm i didnt get any debuff and for macros i onli use aoe and single buff

Edit:might quit pwi for awhile.... die too much at the swamp...especially at the towerling and defender....b:surrender
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:chuckle
    lv60 (or so) with lv1 IB, wtf over. lmao.
    *chokes on laugh*
    *falls out of chair choking on laughter*
    *calls for medic*
    *dies because medic had lv1 iornheart*

even i started my cleric off by reading cayeon's full attack cleric guide and it still made sense to level iornheart blessing well before cayeon did.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • ValkyrieLind - Sanctuary
    ValkyrieLind - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lv60 (or so) with lv1 IB, wtf over. lmao.
    *chokes on laugh*
    *falls out of chair choking on laughter*
    *calls for medic*
    *dies because medic had lv1 iornheart*

even i started my cleric off by reading cayeon's full attack cleric guide and it still made sense to level iornheart blessing well before cayeon did.

my IH already max few lvls ago jus that i still die even with max IH as it take a few sec for the effect to kick in... though it save others jus didnt hav enuff time to save mib:surrender....
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    my IH already max few lvls ago jus that i still die even with max IH as it take a few sec for the effect to kick in... though it save others jus didnt hav enuff time to save mib:surrender....

That's why you have Wellspring Surge. Have you?
  • Doggy_Stylez - Lost City
    Doggy_Stylez - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    every time i train, hunting, questing or fb i tend to die once in a while and tend to die atleast about 5 time in a day...some of you may say spam IH but my IH is at lvl 1 so is there another way to prevent myself from dying??? im using arcane armor with def shard in it so that i receive lesser dmg but as the higher i go that doesnt seem the case as the dmg i receive from the monster is around 300 to 500 sumwhr around there...do i hav to put a better def shard or sumthing??...be back in about 6hrs to check as im in school atm...So Thank in Advanceb:pleased

I VERY strongly recommend you to go read one of the Cleric Guides in the "Cleric" section of the forums... Please... if you were healing me i would die b:surrender
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I VERY strongly recommend you to go read one of the Cleric Guides in the "Cleric" section of the forums... Please... if you were healing me i would die b:surrender

See how Bagoly's post was from August of 2009?

Please don't necro threads. b:bye
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Nice necro. I thought it was odd that a Cleric was complaining about dying at level 89. Well, at least it looks like OP got past her dying problem. b:chuckle
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    every time i train, hunting, questing or fb i tend to die once in a while and tend to die atleast about 5 time in a day...some of you may say spam IH but my IH is at lvl 1 so is there another way to prevent myself from dying??? im using arcane armor with def shard in it so that i receive lesser dmg but as the higher i go that doesnt seem the case as the dmg i receive from the monster is around 300 to 500 sumwhr around there...do i hav to put a better def shard or sumthing??...be back in about 6hrs to check as im in school atm...So Thank in Advanceb:pleased

Disregarding all the previous posts (had a serious face palm moment on the first page and didn't bother with the rest so forgive me for repeating what was, hopefully, already said):

1) Leveling IH. It regens your HP, allowing you to be healed while attacking. Arguably one of the best spells at our disposals.
    2) Start attacking at max distance and make a monster come to you.
    3) Start off with Cyclone. Not many clerics do this and it's laughable. Cyclone gives the target a speed debuff.
    4) Seal and then purify the damage reduction off and continue the DD assault.
    5) Kite.
    6) use Plume Shell if you know you can handle the damage> MP loss intake AND keep attacking.
    7) HEAL yourself.

It doesn't matter if you HP or P. Def gem your gear. That is irrelevant. The above is what you need to do to stay alive. A squishy pure arcane cleric can kill most mobs just before they reach him or her with Cyclone> Plume Shot (loop). Throw on IH before you attack and it should still be in effect if they do get close enough to hit you. Unless it's a boss or an elite monster, it shouldn't be able to one shot you, pure or not.
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Right now i am a lvl 70 cleric. I think I do pretty good. I can solo fb19,29 and probaly 39(have not tried). I can solo zimo, TT 1-1( solo mod) most of the quest BH i get( not the daily BH or the OP or higher power ones). I can get around in disaster pretty well to. I just one mob it at a time. I tried to solo slitt, but his mana drain gets the most of me. With powders or a charm it would be no problem i can take his hits. Before i attack any boss i always do 2-3 IH's atleast. If a boss or mob can hit me for 600-1200 its a must, because your going to die if you dont. In TT on the 2 bosses 1-1 it takes a long time but well worth it. first boss i IH several times then plum/cyclone him. IH twice hit him again. Deminsion seal and elemental seal are great on the right boss. I guess i can deal damage and sit on the sidelines and heal at the same time. I think the cleric is the most important character of the game all around for most squads. I am still learning though and will learn more. hope this helps b:victory
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • Ayz - Lost City
    Ayz - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol what
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i cant believe ppl really posted on this... a lvl 89 cleric with a lvl 1 IH... b:victory

im just going to throw this out there... if you are lvl 51 and you dont have IH to lvl 10... then you need to stop playing a cleric... next thing im gonna hear is you have 60 base dex as lvl 60 cleric b/c you want more crit hits lol... b:surrender 3% FTW
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Can this be closed for repeated Necro? 2 years old and people keep bumping it b:shutup
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
This discussion has been closed.