FBs and 'Tabber keeps drops' - Help needed

Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear
Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Just a quick question. Is there any way to guarantee that all drops go to the tabber?

When I did my FB39, someone got a mold out of it b:sad

Anyway, thanks in advance.
Post edited by Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    No not really.

There are many squads that will give the tabber any boss drops, but there are also people out there who will take the drops.

Unfortunate but happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Devisionx - Sanctuary
    Devisionx - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Jerks.

Need to go with people you trust.
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Need to go with people you trust.
    This, more or less.

I was a backup healer in FB39 the other day and picked up two molds (of three that dropped). So sad, nothing dropped on my own FB. b:cry At least I got some new pants out of it. b:surrender
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Just a quick question. Is there any way to guarantee that all drops go to the tabber?

When I did my FB39, someone got a mold out of it b:sad

Anyway, thanks in advance.

The most important thing is to talk about it BEFORE you start the FB. There are no rules about it, only greedy factions that own land started that all thing, since they did not care for land, but were trying to farm rep without having to grind.

So talk ahead of time, make sure everyone understand what you want out of it (this also includes if you expect them to help you with side quests inside the FB).
    If anyone objects, kick them from party, and find someone else that will agree to your terms.
    Try to do the FBs with people from your faction (less likely someone will take your mold after it was agreed that you would keep it).

On a side note. Yes, the helpers get exp and rep, and so do you, but they also have expenses. It would be polite for the tabber to at least offer the helpers the regular gear that may drop or the dq items. Most likely they will decline, but it would be the polite thing to do.

Ultimaly, the best suggestion is to run FBs with people you know (and trust).
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    Notgood - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Give me their names b:mischievous i'll get it back for ya
    Why am i like this cause you made me like this...
    I guess you really didn't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Set your squad to free mode and hope you're the first one to get to the drops :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Set your squad to free mode and hope you're the first one to get to the drops :x

What are the Modes and How do you set them?

THX
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Before you invite them press T and set the options how you want them.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I was only semi-serious about that lol. It's what my faction does in FBs because we believe that all drops should go to the tabber, but idk... it may not be proper etiquette with a random group? I've never done FBs with anyone other than those in my faction.
    Anyways, when you press T you'll notice on the bottom right there are distribution modes for random and free - hover over them, they're self explanatory.
    If somebody's advertising that all drops go to the tabber, but you don't trust them for whatever reason, then I'd say set the squad to free and hope for the best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I was only semi-serious about that lol.

I was curious as to how b/c someone I was grinding with, had said to set the squad to free, cuz (they) didn't need any of the drops, and I didn't know how.

But toward the OT, I feel the best thing to do is discuss it beforehand, set the expectation.
    If someone doesn't like the rules, someone else will like the EXP/Rep.
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • Harundil - Dreamweaver
    Harundil - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yea i got screwed out of a mold back when i was new :/ but you know you report them to their faction leader if they are have one and spam WC about their theiving ways until they leave the server xD
  • Alizeee - Heavens Tear
    Alizeee - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You shouldn't have to worry about it or "talk" about it before the FB. Most of us will ALWAYS ALWAYS make sure tabber keeps drops. Your FB= your drops. That's just a generally common knowledge rule except among the desperate broke and greedy backwards thinking players. I know that you know people you can trust Chrys. b:pleased
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This, more or less.

I was a backup healer in FB39 the other day and picked up two molds (of three that dropped). So sad, nothing dropped on my own FB. b:cry At least I got some new pants out of it. b:surrender

Wait - two things.

You had 3 molds drop on one fb39 run?

And you openly admit to stealing 2 of them?

Awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Ephemerra - Heavens Tear
    Ephemerra - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I thought that all drops going to the tabber is an 'unspoken' rule. Until, I did my FB29 and a mould magically disappeared. In FBs or similar runs, I don't pay attention to some things, because I focus on not dying and following the group who just runs off like that (what the f guys? What's the point of doing the FB if you leave the Tabber behind?) and I only caught up because the Archer died and had to go back to town, or he came back for me (which is nice).

Next FB51, I won't let things slide.

But be honest, and give the tabber their drops even if they didn't say anything and even if they're noob enough not to know what a freakin' mould is.
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wait - two things.

You had 3 molds drop on one fb39 run?

And you openly admit to stealing 2 of them?
    No no no, it was a Faction run, I just carried them until the end and passed it to the tabber, haha. b:chuckle

Her inventory was so full she couldn't pick up a thing. I ended up with a lot of junk which did cover my expenses, so it all worked out.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No no no, it was a Faction run, I just carried them until the end and passed it to the tabber, haha. b:chuckle

Her inventory was so full she couldn't pick up a thing. I ended up with a lot of junk which did cover my expenses, so it all worked out.

b:victory

Still you had a darn lucky tabber b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I thought that all drops going to the tabber is an 'unspoken' rule. Until, I did my FB29 and a mould magically disappeared. In FBs or similar runs, I don't pay attention to some things, because I focus on not dying and following the group who just runs off like that (what the f guys? What's the point of doing the FB if you leave the Tabber behind?) and I only caught up because the Archer died and had to go back to town, or he came back for me (which is nice).

Next FB51, I won't let things slide.

But be honest, and give the tabber their drops even if they didn't say anything and even if they're noob enough not to know what a freakin' mould is.

Unspoken rules are dangerous since they may not be the same for everyone.
    And why take a chance when it would take you 2 lines to make it clear? There are 4 sets of "unspoken rules" that I came across:
    1. Tabbers keeps everything
    2. Tabber keeps everything but they provide wine, and we do not spend extra time around for extra quests
    3. Tabber keeps molds and 3*s, rest is random
    4. Tabber gets first choice on drops, than goes around like in a TT run.
    There is also one more, that is we will provide wine and pay the tabber 300k and tabber keeps all drops. This one I have only seen it a few times, but it is increasing now, specialy with higher level players, where money is not an issue (which is also where the all tabber keeps drops started, with high level players from land holding guilds that did not need coins but wanted rep w/o having to grind)

In TT runs, I am sure, that people cover who the bank is, right? Think of it as the same. It makes for much easier time if everyone knows what you expect. That includes going over with them if you need them to help you with the side quests inside the FB.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.