worth adding some vit to my veno/ shards?

divin3angel
divin3angel Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Venomancer
Atm im a lvl 49 Veno, using the 9 mag, 1 str build. Atm i have little bit more then
1.3k hp, (standard 5 vit). Im wondering if i should put some points in vit to raise my hp a bit?
And what kind of shards should i put in my socs later on, hp or p-def, maybe half hp and half p-def?
Post edited by divin3angel on

Comments

• SeaWasp - Dreamweaver
    SeaWasp - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Personally i do recommend adding some vit (like 50, maybe even a bit more).

As for shards, at your level just get HP shard and try to get gear with pdef modifiers along with a pdef belt/necklace. At higher levels it depends on your refining capability. If you'll be able to highly refine your gear, go for pdef shards, if mediocre refining, go for HP shards. By high refining i mean at least +7.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    For robe veno, either hp or pdef shards will do. If you stay pure mag, lean toward hp, if you have points in vit, lean toward pdef. Improve your weakness. In my opinion, it's not worth sharding with higher than average shards until lvl 70. You just don't keep the gear long enough for it to worth the price.

Some vit points later on helps with survival in instances. If you plan to run TT or RB, vit helps. TT1-2 soulbanisher's physical aoe requires at least 3k hp for robes to survive, 1-3 requires 4k, RB gamma final boss requires 5k.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Don't worry too much about adding to your vit.

Shards, armor bonus and refines will add enough HP later on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    >_> 1.3k? Wow. I'm lv38 and have that much.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    get armor with hp bonus and put phys def shards in it. If its to expensive (or you cant craft it) just go for the phys def shards and get a gold hp charm, it wil last for at least 10/15 lvls and even more ^^
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    HP bonuses, add some vit, and shard your gear with hp and pdef shards. I'm light armor and use hp for my LA set and hp and pdef for my arcane set.

But it really depends on your play style.

You will find bosses later on that would require more hp. (aoe's from Soulbanisher in 1-2/1-3 TT, Belial, Drummer in 1-2/1-3 TT, etc). Keep in mind adding vit adds more to your mag resists too. So it will help your build, even though its just a little bit, it will still help in your mag resist/mdef.

Adding str increases phys def, just a small amount.

But adding vit and getting armor with lots of hp/vit bonuses is preferable. It won't hurt your mag attack too much as I know clerics that have lots of mag attack, and also good vit and their survivability is increased nicely.

My suggestion would be to try different combinations of hp/pdef shards and if that doesn't add enough hp or more pdef for your liking, then try adding some vit in the next couple of levels.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    OP is only level 40. Levels still come daily at that level. It's not worth it to shard at that point.
    Don't worry too much about adding to your vit.

Shards, armor bonus and refines will add enough HP later on.

-exactly, emphasis on: "later on".
    You will find bosses later on that would require more hp. (aoe's from Soulbanisher in 1-2/1-3 TT, Belial, Drummer in 1-2/1-3 TT, etc).

HP or defense? More HP cost more to fill, and eats charms faster. HP can be used with Soul Transfuse to fill MP, so it makes MP cost more as well. Drummer isn't hard to survive with a cleric. Getting some cheap defense ornaments to swap is helpful for the infrequent Soul Banisher battles. I've never been in a squad that gave me grief over leaving part way through Soul Banisher, and it's not like you could solo that boss.
    Adding str increases phys def, just a small amount.

Not enough to make it worth adding more than necessary. Str bonuses come on equips, so following a 1:9 rule can be wasteful.
    But adding vit and getting armor with lots of hp/vit bonuses is preferable. It won't hurt your mag attack too much as I know clerics that have lots of mag attack, and also good vit and their survivability is increased nicely.

More mag = more healing power = pet stays alive = you stay alive. More mag = more mag res = less need for HP = take advantage of cheaper garnet (pdef) shards. More mag = more mp / faster mp recov = less to no down time or slowdown. More mag = less need for weapon refines and imbues that get lost when upgrading. I fail to see how vit as a stat is preferable at all.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    OP is only level 40. Levels still come daily at that level. It's not worth it to shard at that point.

HP or defense? More HP cost more to fill, and eats charms faster. HP can be used with Soul Transfuse to fill MP, so it makes MP cost more as well. Drummer isn't hard to survive with a cleric. Getting some cheap defense ornaments to swap is helpful for the infrequent Soul Banisher battles. I've never been in a squad that gave me grief over leaving part way through Soul Banisher, and it's not like you could solo that boss.

Not enough to make it worth adding more than necessary. Str bonuses come on equips, so following a 1:9 rule can be wasteful.

More mag = more healing power = pet stays alive = you stay alive. More mag = more mag res = less need for HP = take advantage of cheaper garnet (pdef) shards. More mag = more mp / faster mp recov = less to no down time or slowdown. More mag = less need for weapon refines and imbues that get lost when upgrading. I fail to see how vit as a stat is preferable at all.

Thanks for tearing apart my opinion and experience. *sarcasm*

Sharding at any level is fine if that's what the player wants. if the OP wants to shard gear, let them. that's their choice. as you can LOOT shabby, rough, or common gems at their level. so no need to pay for some of them. plus making your own gems turns out to be cheaper in the short go of gems. (anything passed a beautiful isn't worth making since its cheaper to buy them).

I wasn't referring to tanking, btw. This is for DDing as I've never been ASKED to tank soulbanisher. BB helps and def doesn't matter as I've been light armor since level 1 and I still got 1 shotted by soul banisher with lack of hp. I had charms and even transfused and still died.

As I mentioned, its up to playstyle. vit adds HP which, if you didn't wanna put those "costly" hp shards in your gear, makes up for SOME of that missing hp that you could have. Hp shards are just as expensive as garnets for pdef and sapphires for mdef.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    For robe veno, either hp or pdef shards will do. If you stay pure mag, lean toward hp, if you have points in vit, lean toward pdef. Improve your weakness. In my opinion, it's not worth sharding with higher than average shards until lvl 70. You just don't keep the gear long enough for it to worth the price.

Some vit points later on helps with survival in instances. If you plan to run TT or RB, vit helps. TT1-2 soulbanisher's physical aoe requires at least 3k hp for robes to survive, 1-3 requires 4k, RB gamma final boss requires 5k.

This is what I was trying to say btw, she just said it much better ^^ So I'd say... what Mothergoose said :D
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    tweakz wrote: »

Are you reading what the original poster said? She asked a normal question, and people answered it, taking another persons advice apart is wrong, and just shows you have nothing better to do than just annoy people.

For the original poster, vit is good, don't go over board, put some in, and see how it goes, shards will help you anytime you need them, and like _River said, making them up to beautiful is much cheaper. If you don't like the added vit, later on restat to what suits you best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Perhaps the most commonly accepted and exercised build for PVE, the Vitality-Mage Build will give your Venomancer a sufficient balance between hit points and magic attack. The two attribution points allocated to Vitality will allow you to withstand much more physical and magic damage than the previous two builds while still giving you enough magic to be able to spam heal your pet and deal significant damage
    from the PW wiki lol. id recommend atleast 100 vit with bonuses, you'll want higher HP if you want to survive anywhere in the final stages of the game.

its best to shard with average citrines until your final gear, when you should go beautiful and higher. finding gear with + vit, +mag, and +pdef/hp are also good ideas, as is utilizing necklaces and belts made for pdef.

my current build /gear will give me 150 vit/400 mag by 96, and with refines and shards will be a little over 6.2k hp, 7k matk. (which is way higher than HA and LA can ever hope to get matkwise) and i love it
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Final stages are how large for AE's? It seems to me like you could go physical/magic shards (until you can't gain another percent of mitigation, HP shards after), all magic stat, and high refines for a more expensive way of handling the AE's. Which basically makes it a choice between coin or healing/nuking power.

However, how are you getting to 150/400? Are you including stats from gear in there? Level 96 provides you with 485 points of stats total (5 per level from levels 2+, starting with 5 in vit/mag). So you're coming up 65 points short not taking the str necessary for gear into account.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    its coming from + gear, +15 mag tome, my rings, belt, and cape have heavy +mag and vit, and then sky demon +49 base str gives me str for TT99. TT90 has a tonnnnnn of +vit on it too
  • XFIienx - Heavens Tear
    XFIienx - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This really depends on how you play.

I have been level 35 since late June. (And, yes, I have been active.)

Hello Crazy Stone?b:shocked
    ~ Yesterday is history, Today is a gift, Tomorrow is mystery ~
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Hello Crazy Stone?b:shocked

Keep in mind also she's on a pvp server so leveling after 30 is somewhat more difficult as they can get pk'ed if they leave a safe zone. ^^
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]