Linux and latest patch

Options
Khristy - Heavens Tear
Khristy - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Support Desk
I'm running one of my computers on Ubuntu 8.04 and since the latest patch (161), the game refuses to work.

I get as far as the character selection screen, click my char. and the bar moves across the screen as its loading, but when it gets to the end, the screen turns black and white and crashes to the desktop.

I verified the patch and even installed the latest Wine but it refuses to work. b:sad

Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, have you been able to fix it?

TIA

Khristy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Khristy - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Since this game does not officially support Linux, things likes that can happens.

There is one or two threads in the Technical section about how to run this game under Linux. I think your question would be best asked there, maybe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm running one of my computers on Ubuntu 8.04 and since the latest patch (161), the game refuses to work.

I get as far as the character selection screen, click my char. and the bar moves across the screen as its loading, but when it gets to the end, the screen turns black and white and crashes to the desktop.

I verified the patch and even installed the latest Wine but it refuses to work. b:sad

Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, have you been able to fix it?

TIA

Khristy

Try running WINE, you should be able to get it up and running.
    http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=9923
    It should work, as the link states.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City
    Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Try running WINE, you should be able to get it up and running.
    It should work, as the link states.

He would already be running WINE if he were able to start it up.

But I'd suggest looking at your Video Card Drivers. If you're running an ATi Graphics card, you're boned like I am, since AMD does not like Linux.
    Owner of MadAngels Lost City Faction.
    MadAngels Forum at sonictheplumber.com/forum
  • Khristy - Heavens Tear
    Khristy - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    SHe would already be running WINE if She were able to start it up.

But I'd suggest looking at your Video Card Drivers. If you're running an ATi Graphics card, you're boned like I am, since AMD does not like Linux.

I'm using an Nvidia card and I have been running the game for over 6 months *already* on this computer using Linux and WINE.

It's only since this last patch that it refuses to work. I even tried getting the latest version of Ubuntu 9.04 and still no go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I run ubuntu 9.04 and got the game running fine, though that was a few patches ago.
    The best I can do is point you to the WINE page about perfect world.

The thing I would do first is run winetricks (you may have to install it) and enable Directx9

I dont bother running PW on linux though, since direct3d emulation through opengl slows down the framerate more than Im happy to put up with.
This discussion has been closed.